Character Matters - A Haslam 2016 TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh. lol, sorry, just saw the 2017 part on Wikipedia so I guessed. PM how it could affect May directly?

If it broke late 2015/ early 2016, she was Home Secretary and created a 'hostile environment' policy for illegal immigrants. Our now-ex Home Secretary had to quit, so she probably would too. No idea who Cameron would replace her with.

If it broke late 2015/ early 2016, she was Home Secretary and created a 'hostile environment' policy for illegal immigrants. Our now-ex Home Secretary had to quit, so she probably would too. No idea who Cameron would replace her with.

Maybe Rudd if only for consistency's sake and because I'm too tired to look at dozens of seats in HOC for the perfect choice :p

Clinton Concession Speech
"Thank you. Thank you all. Thank you. Thank you all very much. Thank you."

[Crowd applauds]

"Thank you. Thank you all. Thank you. Very rowdy group. Thank you, my friends. Thank you. Thank you, thank you so very much for being here and I love you all, too.

A few hours ago, I phoned to President-Elect Bill Haslam to congratulate him on his victory tonight. I hope that he will be a successful President for all Americans. This is not the outcome we wanted or we worked so hard for and I'm sorry that we did not win this election. But I feel pride and gratitude for this wonderful campaign that we built together, this vast, diverse, creative, unruly, energized campaign. You represent the best of America and being your candidate has been one of the greatest honors of my life.
"

[Crowd applauds]

"Our campaign was never about one person or even one election, it was about the country we love and about building an America that's hopeful, inclusive and big-hearted. We have seen that our nation is more deeply divided than we thought. But I still believe in America and I always will. And if you do, then we must accept this result and then look to the future. Bill Haslam is going to be our president. We owe him an open mind and the chance to lead. Our constitutional democracy enshrines the peaceful transfer of power and we don't just respect that, we cherish it. It also enshrines other things; the rule of law, the principle that we are all equal in rights and dignity, freedom of worship and expression. We respect and cherish these values too and we must defend them just like Bill Haslam will as our next President."

[Crowd applauds]

"Now, let me add, our constitutional democracy demands our participation, not just every four years but all the time. So let's do all we can to keep advancing the causes and values we all hold dear; making our economy work for everyone not just those at the top, protecting our country and protecting our planet and breaking down all the barriers that hold any American back from achieving their dreams. We must accomplish all these goals, no matter who leads our country and no matter from which party our next president is. Because we have to put our differences aside and work together in order to get things done for the sake of America's prosperity and security. No wonder that our campaign's slogan was 'Stronger Together' because America is stronger together. United we stand. Divided we fall."

[Crowd cheers and applauds]

"We've spent a year and a half bringing together millions of people from every corner of our country to say with one voice that we believe that the American Dream is big enough for everyone, for people of all races and religions, for men and women, for immigrants, for LGBT people, and people with disabilities. For everyone."

[Crowd applauds]

"So now, our responsibility as citizens is to keep doing our part to build that better, stronger, fairer America we seek. And I know you will. I am so grateful to stand with all of you. I want to thank Tim Kaine and Anne Holton for being our partners on this journey."

"It has been a joy getting to know them better, and it gives me great hope and comfort to know that Tim will remain on the front lines of our democracy representing Virginia in the Senate."

[Crowd applauds]

"To Barack and Michelle Obama, our country owes you an enormous debt of gratitude. We thank you for your graceful, determined leadership that has meant so much to so many Americans and people across the world."

"And to Bill and Chelsea, Mark, Charlotte, Aidan, our brothers and our entire family, my love for you means more than I can ever express. You crisscrossed this country on our behalf and lifted me up when I needed it most, even four-month-old Aidan who traveled with his mom. I will always be grateful to the creative, talented, dedicated men and women at our headquarters in Brooklyn and across our country."

[Crowd applauds]

"And to the millions of volunteers, community leaders, activists and union organizers who knocked on doors, talked to neighbors, posted on Facebook, even in secret, private Facebook sites, I want everybody coming out from behind that and make sure your voices are heard going forward."

[Crowd applauds]

"This loss hurts, but please never stop believing that fighting for what's right is worth it. And so we need you to keep up these fights now and for the rest of your lives. And to all the women, and especially the young women, who put their faith in this campaign and in me, I want you to know that nothing has made me prouder than to be your champion.

I know we have still not shattered that highest and hardest glass ceiling, but some day someone will and hopefully sooner than we might think right now.
"

"At least Florida Senator Marco Rubio will become the first Hispanic Vice President. That's a great accomplishment America just made.

And to all the little girls who are watching this, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams.

Finally, I am so grateful for our country and for all it has given to me. I count my blessings every single day that I am an American. And I still believe as deeply as I ever have that if we stand together and work together with respect for our differences, strength in our convictions and love for this nation, our best days are still ahead of us."

[Crowd applauds]

"Because, you know, I believe we are stronger together and we will go forward together. And you should never, ever regret fighting for that. You know, scripture tells us, "Let us not grow weary in doing good, for in due season, we shall reap if we do not lose heart."

So my friends, let us have faith in each other, let us not grow weary, let us not lose heart, for there are more seasons to come. And there is more work to do. I am incredibly honored and grateful to have had this chance to represent all of you in this consequential election.

May God bless you and may God bless the United States of America.
"

Will there be Women's March et cetera? I doubt it because Haslam isn't as Trump as Trump. However, some real crazies might decide to anyway.

Sanders Concession Speech
"Thank you, Thank you!"

[Crowd cheers]

"A few hours ago, I phoned President-Elect Bill Haslam to congratulate him on his victory. I hope that he will be a successful President for all Americans. This is not the outcome we wanted or we worked so hard for and I'm sorry that we did not win this election. But, we were able to show the establishment that this revolution will not stand away or stay down!"

[Crowd Cheers]

"I want to thank Senator Warren for being an amazing Running Mate and it gives me joy to know that she is fighting for all of you and for the state of Massachusetts which she is Senator of."

[Crowd Cheers]

"I also want to thank Jane and Levi for bearing with me through this very rough campaign. You have been great for me and have shown great honor in just helping and I thank you for that.

I also want to tell you that this isn't over. Now the Democratic Establishment knows that we want change and I promise that as your champion, I will help bring the Democratic Party in a new Generation.

Thank you all!
"

[Crowd Cheers]

Will there be Women's March et cetera? I doubt it because Haslam isn't as Trump as Trump. However, some real crazies might decide to anyway.

Not really. The Women's March IOTL happened due to a lot of leftist anger at Trump, which still exists OTL, doesn't happen here though.

Haslam Victory Speech
"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you, each and every one of you!

Tonight was astounding!
"

[Crowd Cheers]

"Tonight, America made a really big choice and chose me. For that, I want to thank them.

I recently received a Call from Secretary Clinton and Senator Sanders who congratulated us on our victory tonight. I congratulated them on their campaigns they fought for the American cause.

My friends, your support led us to victory and will lead America to prosperity, security and integrity. Right here right now, we start our crusade to restore the American Dream and to get America to a New American Character.
"

[Crowd Cheers and applauds]

"Just like President John F. Kennedy said, we should not ask what our country can do for us, but what we can do for our country. Tonight, we're answering this question about what we can do for our country : we, the people, conservatives, liberals, progressives, independents and libertarians will work together to ensure economic growth and progress, to get America back to work, to unite this country, to restore integrity, to stand with our allies and to defeat our enemies. We're going to promote free market to make our economy competitive and dynamic. We will reform our tax code, reform our education system and reform our immigration system to make American citizenship accessible for all immigrants. By taking advantage of all of our sources of energies, we will get to energy independence, encourage job creation and deprive terrorists of the revenues from our energy dependence. We're going to make America competitive in the global economy through lower tariffs, tax cuts for our manufacturing industry and reduction of our corporate tax rate, thus making our trade deals fair for our workers.

We will modernize our military. We are going to stand with our allies and together we will defeat international terrorism and reinforce freedom, democracy and justice. We will return America to its Moral status as the world's sole superpower without hypocrisy. We will not abandon our allies who do not abuse Human Rights, they can count on our help to defeat ISIS and global terrorism and to restore freedom.

Tonight, America reclaimed its status as the land of opportunity where everything is possible.
"

[Crowd Cheers and applauds]

"Wow...It's hard to believe that over 11 Months ago, our campaign was in fourth place in the Republican Primaries and wasn't expected to win the Nomination. Boy did we prove the pundits wrong. I want to thank Senator Rubio for sticking with me and I hope he continues to do sure in the White House.

I want to thank my family as well as Vice-President elect Marco Rubio and all the members of our team for their contribution to this campaign. Thanks to their contribution, we will lead America to one of the brightest futures that it has ever known. This future is a New American Character.

It's morning again in America.

America will remain the hope of the Earth.

Thank you! God bless you all and God bless the United States of America!
"

[Crowd Cheers]

Haslam Inauguration and Cabinet
Chief Justice of the United States: "Repeat after me. I, state your name-"

Bill Haslam: "I, Bill Edward Haslam-"

Chief Justice of the United States: "-do solemnly swear-"

Bill Haslam: "-do solemnly swear-"

Chief Justice of the United States: "-that I will faithfully execute-"

Bill Haslam: "-that I will faithfully execute-"

Chief Justice of the United States: "-the office of the President of the United States-"

Bill Haslam: "-the office of the President of the United States-"

Chief Justice of the United States: "-and will to the best of my ability-"

Bill Haslam: "-and will to the best of my ability-"

Chief Justice of the United States: "-preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States-"

Bill Haslam: "-preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States-"

Chief Justice of the United States:
"-so help me God."

Bill Haslam: "-so help me God."

[Crowd loudly cheers and applauds]

Bill Haslam Inaugural Speech:
"Thank you, all. Mr. Chief Justice, Mr. President, Mr. Vice-President, Senator McConnell, Speaker Ryan and all my fellow citizens.

This transfer of authority demonstrated how unique our nation is. As you said, Mr. President, our nation is stronger with a More Perfect Union because, my fellow citizens, it's only together that we can overcome all the challenges facing America. That's how we will reinforce America's status as the land where everything is possible.

America is living a new chapter in its history in which our duty is to make the American Dream possible again for all the American people. We suffer from the slowest economic progress in our national history. In addition of distorting our economic decisions, it threatens the American Dream, it threatens to crush the middle class and our young people and to penalize opportunity as well as success.

We must not penalize opportunity. We have to promote it and celebrate it. That's why my administration's objective is to ensure a healthy, fair, growing, strong and prosperous economy for all the American people, from the bottom to the top. That requires embracing economic freedom and free enterprise. Thanks to tax cuts for all the American people, including the middle class and lower income Americans, we will increase their ability to recover, to find a good-paying job and to accomplish their American Dream and to fulfill their needs thanks to a stronger purchasing power. That way, their hard working will be rewarded. Another element of my administration's agenda is to encourage America's competitiveness in the world economy through putting the government aside, lower tariffs and reduction of corporate taxes, which will make our trade deals fairer while allowing job creation here in America through free trade. Thanks to school choice, families will have more options and make sure that our children will earn perfect education in the best schools in the world, thus ensuring to them a successful path to workforce and to a bright life. In order to restore our economic prosperity, we're going to make America the best place in the world to start a business, which requires tax cuts for our businesses, reducing the cost of doing business in America and reduction of our corporate tax rate, which will encourage innovation, productivity and job creation.

That's how we're going to restore opportunity and make this economy fair for all Americans, whether they are white, black, Hispanic, Asian, etc.

In this time of growing terrorist threat around the world, there is no room for surrender. There is no room for disengagement of American leadership. Since too long, terrorists are killing Americans and other innocent around the world for defending the values in which we believe, which are freedom, democracy, gender equity, freedom of religion, freedom of speech and freedom of press. We must not give up on these values and that's why we have to fight back and ensure America's total victory against terrorists.

My administration's goal in terms of foreign policy is to reinforce our military, to strengthen our alliances and to track terrorists wherever they are. And it's through stronger collaboration with our allies, stronger diplomacy, stronger defense programs, true diplomatic morality and stronger American leadership that we will the nuclear threat from North Korea and Iran. That's how we will make the world a safer, freer and more peaceful. Because the world is a better place when America has the strongest military in the world. We're going to ensure peace through strength because and that's how we're going to defend all the values that make America a free, special and great nation. Liberty will triumph over tyranny.

We the People of the United States have a duty to accomplish for the sake of America's future. To ensure America's national unity, economic prosperity and national security, we have to think big and that's what we chose to do because we are optimistic about the future. Just like all generations before us, we will do our part to make sure that our children, grand-children and all future generations will be better off than previous generations and earn all the opportunities that previous generations could not have. They are going to be the most prosperous generation of Americans that ever lived.

We never hide from history. Americans make history. We make history. And that's why we must be on the right side of history and fight for economic freedom, for our democracy, for our constitutional rights, for integrity, for national security and for peace. And only together, no matter our philosophy, our origins or our differences, we will, with God's help, overcome all the challenges facing our great and beautiful nation and we're going to make the 21st century, the brightest chapter of America's history.

God bless you all. God bless the United States of America.
"

President of the United States: Bill Haslam (R-TN)

Vice-President of the United States: Marco Rubio (R-FL)

Secretary of State: Bob Corker (
R-TN)

Secretary of Treasury: Mark Cuban (
R-TX)

Secretary of Defense: James Mattis (
R-WA)

Attorney General: Trey Gowdy (
R-SC)

Secretary of the Interior: John Hoeven (
R-ND)

Secretary of Agriculture: Ben Sasse (
R-NE)

Secretary of Commerce: Jamie Herrera Butler (
R-WA)

Secretary of Labor: Ron Johnson (
R-WI)

Secretary of Health and Human Services: Ralph Abraham (
R-LA)

Secretary of Housing and Urban Development: Rob Portman (
R-OH)

Secretary of Transportation: Elaine Chao (
R-KY)

Secretary of Energy: Jeff Flake (
R-AZ)

Secretary of Education: Tim Scott (
R-SC)

Secretary of Veteran Affairs: Tom Cotton (
R-AR)

Secretary of Homeland Security: Rudy Giuliani (
R-NY)

White House Chief of Staff: Mike Enzi (
R-WY)

The Cabinet is very interesting. But I have 2 issues.

1. Why the he'll did you give Gowdy the AG? If Haslam wanted to shut him up then he could have given him a minor post.

2. You have a heavy reliance on sitting Senators. Johnson's seat would go to the Dems in a special election.

The freak out, also, what the heck is TDWE N?

The Daily Wire Election Night

The Cabinet is very interesting. But I have 2 issues.

1. Why the he'll did you give Gowdy the AG? If Haslam wanted to shut him up then he could have given him a minor post.

2. You have a heavy reliance on sitting Senators. Johnson's seat would go to the Dems in a special election.

1. Trey Gowdy was considered a needed position after his grilling of Hillary in the Benghazi Hearing. If Haslam didn't give him AG, some establishment Republicans and never-trumpers would've been pissed. Don't expect him to stick around, though.

2. Johnson won by 16 Points ITTL 2016. His ideal successor, Governor Scott Walker, has Haslam-ite support, Trump-ite Support, and Never-Trump support. With how high Haslam's approval will be and his focus on the WI special election, expect the Dems to know they can't win and throw someone expendable so they have a real chance in 2022.

Are you planning on wanking his presidency? I would say the best it could realistically get is at the level of Bill Clinton (imo). Even he suffered a crushing midterm defeat. I understand 2018 is a very bad year in the Senate for the Dems, but 2020 has seats in Colorado, North Carolina, Georgia and Iowa among others.

Any clue who Haslam would have at NSA, FBI and CIA?

FBI and CIA, WAS ;) NSA, I have no idea :p

Are you planning on wanking his presidency? I would say the best it could realistically get is at the level of Bill Clinton (imo). Even he suffered a crushing midterm defeat. I understand 2018 is a very bad year in the Senate for the Dems, but 2020 has seats in Colorado, North Carolina, Georgia and Iowa among others.

I'll wank it to an extent. 2018 will indeed be quite bad for the Dems (Possibly super-majority bad) and 2020 will only be a soft blow against Haslam, but not enough to stop him. 2022, however, is where a lot of things might change ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.