Well, yeah, but janissaries. There's something horrible about kidnapping children and then forcing them into soldiering just because there are a different religion.
Actually,the parents in general consider it an honour for their children to be made Janissaries--since only the best are conscripted and that it's a great career path,considering many janissaries went on to become governors,generals or even Grand Viziers.Even the average Janissary has much higher pay and privileges than the normal grunt.

Actually,the parents in general consider it an honour for their children to be made Janissaries--since only the best are conscripted and that it's a great career path,considering many janissaries went on to become governors,generals or even Grand Viziers.Even the average Janissary has much higher pay and privileges than the normal grunt.
Ok fair point. Still the kids probably weren't happy. But what about the update then darth?

Deleted member 97083

Some did, but the practice of conscripting Janissaries was still hated in general and led to centuries of resentment.

@Joshuapooleanox Good to have you back again! Since I can search up your username again I am going to assume you were banned for a day or two.

Great update. Interesting to see the new Italian-modeled army come into play in Hungary. I assume each Company will be fighting in its homelands? (a la Theme system?)

Did Eleanor get crowned with Marcus, because this is really weird if Hungary's King and Queen are not married to each other yet...? ;)

@Joshuapooleanox Good to have you back again! Since I can search up your username again I am going to assume you were banned for a day or two.

Great update. Interesting to see the new Italian-modeled army come into play in Hungary. I assume each Company will be fighting in its homelands? (a la Theme system?)

Did Eleanor get crowned with Marcus, because this is really weird if Hungary's King and Queen are not married to each other yet...? ;)
1. Maybe that, idk
2. Yep, although they would be summoned if it gets that bad.
3. I could either way they're a unique couple and aren't married yet and create era ma or say they were married at their coronation.

Ok fair point. Still the kids probably weren't happy. But what about the update then darth?
I'm surprised Marcus even has time to conduct reforms.Sigismund,John and the Ottomans would have probably attacked already.Dark times ahead.
Some did, but the practice of conscripting Janissaries was still hated in general and led to centuries of resentment.
Pretty sure resentment had a lot more to do with the fact that the people were basically treated as second class citizens,with most of them having to pay a much higher tax(jaziya) and having things like not being allowed to ride a horse because they are not Muslim.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
josh why u violating the rules eeeeeee
Hmmm...

Three posts. Three trollish posts.

Bye.

We divorce you.

upload_2017-3-24_10-56-20.png

Cesare Borgia: A Restored Rome Timeline
Cesare Borgia: A Restored Rome Timeline

Act 2 Cesare Borgia Part 23: The Truth is Revealed.

‘Without the aid of the Hungarians, I would have been in heaven. I am forever loyal to the Magyar' Marcus Borgia-Palaiologos, 1515, implementing his reforms

The Polish-Lithuanians had prepared for several months, however after the Muscovites invaded them in 1515, they were forced to withdraw. Marcus, after hearing of this, claimed he could hear Sigismunds yells of rage all the way from Budapest.

However, just as one threat was headed off, the second came to boil.

John had mysteriously reappeared in Transylvania, and after several weeks, he openly claimed to be the rightful ruler of Hungary, and war began.

Marcus rallied his forces, Eleanor being convinced to remain at their palace. The Black Company met him at Debrecen, with the White and Silver Companies forming the flanks, and they marched towards Transylvania.

Marcus trotted forward on his horse, chatting with the men as they moved, now relatively fluent in Hungarian. They were confident of victory, and while they still saw him as an Italian, they were proud to fight for a man who cared so strongly for them.

They had reached Oredea, the final town before the Transylvanian province. No troops had defended it, no garrison on its walls. Not even a sign of battle trying to take the town.

There had been few signs of a revolt at all, only the locals and lost stores of supplies had given it away.

Marcus had decided to stop at this town before marching into the mountains… however, a small nagging sensation was in his mind… Where were they?

He ordered the men to set up camp. He was tired of waiting. They would be revealed to him once he threatened Zapolya’s homeland. He began to trot away to inspect the building...however before they could start, a cannon shot roared from the top of a small ridgeline, tearing through the sky only a dozen metres above Marcus’s men.

‘FORM RANKS!’ Marcus yelled, as he turned and saw men on the hillside emerge. It was John.

But it couldn’t be. Several of the men held horse tailed banners… some of which with crescents on… He knew where John had been.

Marcus’s commanders scrambled to put the men into place as the enemy army approached, the sound of enemy hooves and plate growing ever louder. The Hungarian guns were placed into position, barricades thrown up, and the men on the hill charged.

It became a brutal melee almost immediately, with Marcus having the slight upper hand due to his superior artillery and gunners. However, on the fields of battle…

Marcus had decided to get moderately involved in the melee, occasionally helping a soldier who was injured and moving in with his cavalry to push the enemy back.

He had just broke off from engagement, when a man in yellow slashed his horse’s leg from below him. He toppled forward, barely able to keep himself upright. He fell forwards off the horse, avoiding its weight, and struggled to his feet. The man was dressed in a yellow robe, with a strange, white layered hat. He drew his halberd and charged. Marcus, still stumbling, only barely blocked it, and only due to one of his fellow cavalrymen running him down did Marcus escape with his life.

After that, the momentum of John’s army faded, and soon they fell back, still under fire from the shot, powder and cannon balls of Marcus’s reserve line. The battle of Oredea was decisive, with Marcus’s rushed defence being victorious. However, it was clear from the Janissaries involvement, this was no minor conflict.

The Hungarian Wars had begun.

Cavalry engagements on the flanks:

0L35aPU.jpg

Marcus’s gunners:

RSCpymc.jpg

Holding the Line:

DPrqwA2.jpg

bT5hL4y.jpg

Fleeing Zapolya Forces:

zy8gqag.jpg

Hope everyone enjoyed! Had a tad bit of writer's block, but then everything made sense. Thanks for reading!

-Josh

Last edited:
josh why u violating the rules eeeeeee
Any idea why this guy keeps on messing around this thread?I remember this guy harassing you some time ago.Does he know you in real life?I fear he will probably try to be back in the form of sock puppets if this is the case.