Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60's and Beyond

Yes, they were both nice flags and either one would have been better than the red ensign.

I am interested to see how Pearson ends up doing. He got more done in his 4 years leading 2 minority governments than most politicians would in 8 years with majorities. Obviously this is an American focused TL but I hope we hear about him again in the future.

As a Pearson fan myself, I will make sure that we do. :)

Another great chapter. Very fascinating changes for the year 1964.

By the way, one cool change which I think would be interesting, is if EuroDisneyland (Disneyland Paris) ends up more successful than in our timeline. Maybe they built in in Spain like they considered or Germany (I could be wrong, but it was never built because planning for the park began before the collapse of the USSR and reunion of Germany) where it likely would have been more successful.

That could change many things for Disney in the later 1990s as Disney execs and Eisner might not panic and cut various projects and reduce budgets to other, meaning Disney might projects like (assuming these are still developed) make Westcot in California as the second park there like they planned, a much more complete Disney’s Animal Kingdom with a Dinosaur rollarcoaster and Beastly Kingdom land, or Tomorrowland 2055, the unmade World Showcase pavilions in Epcot or additions to them like the Mount Fuji rollarcoaster in the Japan pavilion, etc.

That I feel would be nice to see happen, as I am a huge Disney fan.

Another great chapter. Very fascinating changes for the year 1964.

By the way, one cool change which I think would be interesting, is if EuroDisneyland (Disneyland Paris) ends up more successful than in our timeline. Maybe they built in in Spain like they considered or Germany (I could be wrong, but it was never built because planning for the park began before the collapse of the USSR and reunion of Germany) where it likely would have been more successful.

That could change many things for Disney in the later 1990s as Disney execs and Eisner might not panic and cut various projects and reduce budgets to other, meaning Disney might projects like (assuming these are still developed) make Westcot in California as the second park there like they planned, a much more complete Disney’s Animal Kingdom with a Dinosaur rollarcoaster and Beastly Kingdom land, or Tomorrowland 2055, the unmade World Showcase pavilions in Epcot or additions to them like the Mount Fuji rollarcoaster in the Japan pavilion, etc.

That I feel would be nice to see happen, as I am a huge Disney fan.
That's almost thirty years in TTL's future. We'll discuss that if/when we get to the late 80s/early 90s.

That's almost thirty years in TTL's future. We'll discuss that if/when we get to the late 80s/early 90s.
Well part of why I mentioned it now that part of how EuroDisneyland can successed could likely be possibility dependent on its location (or if the French are receptive to it at first which I doubt), and Disney didn’t start looking at where to put the park until 1984.

That is something that I think has to be set up early, but ultimately I see your point.

Well part of why I mentioned it now that part of how EuroDisneyland can successed could likely be possibility dependent on its location (or if the French are receptive to it at first which I doubt), and Disney didn’t start looking at where to put the park until 1984.

That is something that I think has to be set up early, but ultimately I see your point.

Even if it is toward the future, thank you for the suggestion! :) I'll definitely keep it in mind.

The second major summit between Khrushchev and Kennedy lasted four days and covered a wide variety of topics. Chief among the discussions however were the possibility of continued arms reduction treaties, the tenets of Kosygin’s economic reforms, which were being drawn up for the new year, as well as a very special proposal of Kennedy’s creation: a joint Soviet-American mission to the Moon.

Though the space race had been a major tenet of Kennedy’s campaign in 1960, and his recent promise to reach the Moon before 1970 had upped the ante on the Soviets, the American saw the potential such a mission could hold for relations between the two nations. “Reaching for the stars is the ultimate destiny of the human race,” the President said to the First Secretary over dinner on the final night of the summit. “Join me and together, we can teach the world that despite our differences, mankind can achieve stupendous feats when we combine our efforts.” Khrushchev was initially lukewarm on the idea, but his personal liking of Kennedy, as well as the resources which would be saved if the two superpowers joined forces to reach the Moon eventually convinced him. The First Secretary would bring the idea before the Supreme Soviet before the end of the year for their approval.

Please, can Yuri Gagarin come to the US to handle this? Anything to keep him out of that junky MiG-15!

Thank you all for the Christmas wishes! :D Bandwagon or not, they are definitely appreciated. I send them all back your way! When we return on Wednesday, we'll be on to Chapter 13.

So I got bored (I know, weird since it's Christmas and all), and decided to do a little bit of Photoshop after rereading this timeline, and I ended up creating a book cover for Blue Skies in Camelot. I suppose now if you ever want to turn this into a book you now have one. So here you go @President_Lincoln!
Blue_Skies_Camelot.png

Oh, yeah, Vaughn Meader (the JFK impersonator) is likely to still have a career ITTL (IOTL, his career ended, obviously, on November 22nd, 1963; Lenny Bruce famously (or infamously) opened his first show after the JFK assassination with the words "Whew! Vaughn Meader is screwed!")...

So I got bored (I know, weird since it's Christmas and all), and decided to do a little bit of Photoshop after rereading this timeline, and I ended up creating a book cover for Blue Skies in Camelot. I suppose now if you ever want to turn this into a book you now have one. So here you go @President_Lincoln!
Blue_Skies_Camelot.png

Wow! I don't know what to say other than thank you very much! :D This looks amazing! :)

Cheers and a Very Merry Christmas, @Nerdman3000!

Cool. Say, for music, maybe you could have Nat King Cole live past 1965?

Possibly! I believe IOTL Cole died of lung cancer which developed as a result of years of smoking, so a recent POD and butterflies might not have time to change that. Maybe if he gave up smoking shortly after our POD? Perhaps when the Surgeon General declared that smoking presented numerous health risks?