Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60's and Beyond

Call it ASB or whatever, for more reasons than one, especially since Patty Hearst was killed ITTL, but I just had this interesting idea, what if Patty Hearst survived, was kidnapped, and joined the SLA like in OTL, and she eventually converts the group into an radical left-wing, feminist militia devoted to protecting young women in both colleges and sororities, specifically on the West Coast, from perverted predators and serial killers such as, Ted Bundy. Kind of a crazy idea to have a terrorist group go after, and try to hunt down and kill various serial killers, but it’s strangely satisfying on one side, yet even more disturbing on the other! Tell me what you guys think of this idea!

Last edited:
No I think it's largely sensible. Remember Paul Volcker countered the stagflation through raising interest by decreasing the monetary supply, which worked. It cut inflation, then wages decreased and then finally a new market equilibrium was achieved. No more stagflation.

@President_Lincoln I'm a bit of an econ nerd so if you ever have a question hopefully I can answer it (with PM's of course).
Hm, i foresee a debate that could Detail the Thread, and Retreat.

Call it ASB or whatever, for more reasons than one, especially since Patty Hearst was killed ITTL, but I just had this interesting idea, what if Patty Hearst survived, was kidnapped, and joined the SLA like in OTL, and she eventually converts the group into an radical left-wing, feminist militia devoted to protecting young women in both colleges and sororities, specifically on the West Coast, from perverted predators and serial killers such as, Ted Bundy. Kind of a crazy idea to have a terrorist group go after, and try to hunt down and kill various serial killers, but it’s strangely satisfying on one side, yet even more disturbing on the other! Tell me what you guys think of this idea!
Neat idea. But then they’ll be vigilantes, not terrorists.

I wonder when you will address via update the situations in the Middle East, particularly the Arab-Israeli conflict, as well as East Asia, particularly Korea, China, Indochina, etc. I’m interested in how Kennedy and his successors handled both the 1967, USS Liberty incident, which was a deliberate (as the evidence and witness testimony overwhelmingly prove) attack by Israel on our forces that they still haven’t apologized for. Same with the 1968, USS Puebla Incident with North Korea, which still remains the only country in the world to still own one of ships after capture. Both are very interesting stories in real life, so I hope that they are discussed at some point in this timeline! In OTL, Johnson did NOTHING in response to either incident, most likely due to the primary focus of the War in Vietnam and the fact he didn’t want to risk raising tensions and going to war with either nation. Just wondering what Kennedy would’ve done ITTL instead, and how it would’ve impacted the actions of Romney and Bush late on!

I wonder when you will address via update the situations in the Middle East, particularly the Arab-Israeli conflict, as well as East Asia, particularly Korea, China, Indochina, etc. I’m interested in how Kennedy and his successors handled both the 1967, USS Liberty incident, which was a deliberate (as the evidence and witness testimony overwhelmingly prove) attack by Israel on our forces that they still haven’t apologized for. Same with the 1968, USS Puebla Incident with North Korea, which still remains the only country in the world to still own one of ships after capture. Both are very interesting stories in real life, so I hope that they are discussed at some point in this timeline! In OTL, Johnson did NOTHING in response to either incident, most likely due to the primary focus of the War in Vietnam and the fact he didn’t want to risk raising tensions and going to war with either nation. Just wondering what Kennedy would’ve done ITTL instead, and how it would’ve impacted the actions of Romney and Bush late on!

These have all been addressed in previous updates.

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts, comments, and thoughtful analysis of the last handful of updates! :D I apologize for my sporadic responses as of late. School as been ramping up the assignments lately and I'm just a bit swamped. But I'll be sure to get back on more frequently soon. :) Thank you for your patience.

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts, comments, and thoughtful analysis of the last handful of updates! :D I apologize for my sporadic responses as of late. School as been ramping up the assignments lately and I'm just a bit swamped. But I'll be sure to get back on more frequently soon. :) Thank you for your patience.
No problem Lincoln!

Even though we are still 8 years out from 1982 i want to see how OP deals with the Falklands war...if there even is to be a Falklands war. Looking forward to the next chapters :)