Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60's and Beyond

Interestisng GOP ticket here. Missed some parts of this, how did JFK survive, d what became of Oswald?an

Thanks for the read! Kennedy survived as it was rainy in Dallas on the day of the motorcade. The weather caused Oswald's scope to fog up and visibility to be unfavorable. Thus, he was able to injure the President, hitting him in the shoulder, and kill Governor Connally, but unable to succeed in his goal of killing the President. He was caught shortly thereafter at his family house in Irving, where he attempted to kill a Federal agent as they arrested him. He was brought to trial during the push for the Civil Rights Act in the Spring of '64 and convicted. Sentenced to death, he was executed by electric chair. Though an investigation was launched into the attempt on Kennedy's life, Attorney General Robert Kennedy kept it brief, as he did not want compromising details of the President's personal life being drudged up so close to the '64 election.

Conspiracy theorists are disappointed, as the FBI conclude that Oswald acted alone.

Wonder if JFK wins, if he'll re-do some of his cabinet posts at any point, many Presidents do that for one reason or another.

Indeed they do. One change from OTL will be that Bobby Kennedy isn't running for the U.S. Senate Seat in New York in '64. Instead, Congressman and former Mayor of Schenectady, Samuel S. Stratton will be the Democratic nominee for that seat.

Wonder if you'll cover events in some other countries, like say, the USSR, if Khrushchev will .survive

I usually write a couple of chapters in advance of each update, for planning purposes. I can confirm that a future update (probably chapter 12 or so) will cover events from 1963 - 1964 in several other countries. :)

I'm always happy to entertain suggestions! I can't promise they'll wind up in the TL, but I like to hear any ideas you all may have. Feel free to post 'em here for everyone to discuss or PM them to me if you feel more comfortable doing that.

I can't thank you all enough for the wonderful compliments! :D I'm so happy to hear that you folks are enjoying the TL, and I'm having a lot of fun sharing it with you. Having just come back from seeing The Last Jedi, I can confirm that I loved it and definitely have some plans of working Star Wars into the TL as we come around to it ;)
Cool, though at the same time, I hope its not a drastic change. Most alt history timelines tend to try to go with stuff like Star Wars being a fantasy setting or the main characters being recasted, and that tends to get old. Something like a more minor character like the aforementioned Mon Mothma being played by Marilyn Monroe or a surviving Sharon Tate, as an example, or something more behind the scenes, like Lucas not being kinda hamfisted into quiting the screen directors guild and being able to hire Steven Spielberg like he wanted.

Cool, though at the same time, I hope its not a drastic change. Most alt history timelines tend to try to go with stuff like Star Wars being a fantasy setting or the main characters being recasted, and that tends to get old. Something like a more minor character like the aforementioned Mon Mothma being played by Marilyn Monroe or a surviving Sharon Tate, as an example.

I can see where you're coming from there. In general, I tend to like subtle changes to pop culture, rather than monumental ones, unless they are warranted. I hope I do the various topics this TL will cover justice. :)

Have one idea for JFK's running mate, Governor Sanford of North Carolina.

An excellent idea! Sanford would be a great pick, given his status as a pro-civil rights Southerner. Though I can't confirm if he will be the one that Kennedy ends up going with.