Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60's and Beyond

Good update.

Sounds like the Troubles are gonna be worse, @President_Lincoln...

Can't say I blame Churchill for falling off the wagon; he'll probably lose in the next election...

BTW, "Roundabout" was a song released by Yes in November of 1971, so congrats for continuing the pattern, @President_Lincoln, and waiting for more...

Speak his name and the devil shall appear...

Seems like Ireland's still going to hell, and it seems to be getting worse. Churchill might get himself into an even bloodier mess. Plus, with the US already refusing to enter Rhodesia, it'll be a miracle if the Tories wins the next election, even more, if Churchill still leads it.

Nice reference to Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I'm guessing the campaign trail will be just as crazy as the book.

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
Damn, thought it was an update!

One minute later...

This perspective drew mixed support and [Eire] as well, though it was backed by Paul McCartney of all people. Of Irish descent himself, McCartney quickly wrote, recorded, and released a solo song which summed up his feelings on the matter. Entitled “Give Ireland Back to the Irish”, the tune would be one of the few songs banned by the BBC by any of the Fab Four.

Strangely enough, for those unaware, this is also very much an OTL occurrence, up to and including the BBC banning it for obvious reasons.
As always, wonderful update! I hope things don't get too messy over on the Emerald Isle. I'll just have to wait and see, won't I? I also noticed two things I mentioned earlier became the subject of this update, and now I'm hyped for more, as always!

Maybe I should try that again...

As awesome and badass as that would be I have a feeling the Cleveland Indians are more likely to win the World Series than this is to happen again. But it's worth a shot.

Speak his name and the devil shall appear...

Seems like Ireland's still going to hell, and it seems to be getting worse. Churchill might get himself into an even bloodier mess. Plus, with the US already refusing to enter Rhodesia, it'll be a miracle if the Tories wins the next election, even more, if Churchill still leads it.

Nice reference to Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I'm guessing the campaign trail will be just as crazy as the book.

It'll be difficult for anyone to tailor a peace in Northern Ireland. The region is simply a pressure cooker waiting to explode and has been for a long time. True peace will eventually come for the Irish ITTL, but it will definitely be hard won when it does...

Because Churchill's hold on the Tories and their razor thin majority is so slight, Wilson and Labour could likely call for a vote of no confidence sometime soon.

Sorta seems appropriate Churchill the Elder sends the Black and Tans to Ireland which causes all sorts of hell and Churchill the Younger is in charge when the Troubles get worse. If nothing else this will scupper Thatcher as PM as she'll be tarred with the brush of Churchill's failures unless she can extract herself from it.

All of the updates have been excellent lately!

Sort of going back to pop culture, it really seems like Apple Records will be a force to be reckoned with going forward. I’m especially excited to see whether Zappa gets a bit more recognition here. Also, that alt-Beatles record! I bet it would have sounded fantastic! Will Lennon still be writing “Imagine”?

One silly butterfly from this is that Steve Jobs may not name his hypothetical future company Apple...

On one more Beatles-related note, what happened to Yoko Ono ITTL? She wasn’t a complete nobody outside of the Beatles—she was one of the more prominent members of the Fluxus movement, which should still be going on now. They got up to all sorts of crazy, fringe art experimentation that had a major impact on later art movements. And of course, Lennon was actually interested in the avant-grade outside of Ono—he had hoped to meet the composer Stockhausen in New York in 1969 before a snowstorm ruined their meeting. That might change ITTL...

Looks like the troubles will be worse, with Bloody Sunday having twice the amount of casualties. I wonder, Gaddafi is the leader of Libya correct?

Zwinglian

Banned
Just got finished reading through this. That was probably a dumb move for Wilson, if he comes to power Northern Ireland would issue a UDI (In 1973 at the very least 58% of people in Northern Ireland opposed unification) and there would be a major crisis.

BP Booker

Banned
You know, I was expecting Romney to tell Churchill to fuck off with that Rhodesia business but I wasn’t expecting it to drive him into alcoholism.

I didn’t catch last time Sargent Shriver was the ambassador to Britain, that’s a nice touch.

You know, it makes me kinda curious what jokes will be made ITTL if and when the BBC greenlights Yes, Minister. Because last time I remembered, OTL Rhodesia and Northern Ireland were used as prominent punchlines.

You know, it makes me kinda curious what jokes will be made ITTL if and when the BBC greenlights Yes, Minister. Because last time I remembered, OTL Rhodesia and Northern Ireland were used as prominent punchlines.

The Rhodesia Solution is going to mean a whole different thing in this timeline I think.