Best case scenario for Nazi missiles

In a Nazi victory scenario or a TL that otherwise goes in favor of the Reich, what would be the best case scenario for their missile programme development? What could we get from the Aggregate designs?

hitler would cut the program off in a victory scenario

he had von braun arrested for saying he wanted the v2 to be able to go to the moon at a dinner party only the direct intervention of albert speer stopped him from going to a concentration camp. hitler is only interested in weapons of war and he personally thought anyone involved in rockets was a crackpot.

Anaxagoras

Banned
Assuming a Nazi Victory scenario, it should be pointed out that Germany is not really in a good geographic position for a space program. For a launch site that can put payloads into orbit, the two most important considerations are a) large empty spaces for a great distance eastwards and b) as close to the equator as possible.

America has this at Cape Canaveral. Europe has an even more ideal location (because it's much closer to the equator) at French Guyana. Russia's launch site in Kazakstan has a generally empty area eastwards, but it's pretty far from the equator.

Where would Germany establish a launch site? There don't look to be many areas in Continental Europe from which it would be easy to launch payloads into orbit.

Assuming a Nazi Victory scenario, it should be pointed out that Germany is not really in a good geographic position for a space program. For a launch site that can put payloads into orbit, the two most important considerations are a) large empty spaces for a great distance eastwards and b) as close to the equator as possible.

America has this at Cape Canaveral. Europe has an even more ideal location (because it's much closer to the equator) at French Guyana. Russia's launch site in Kazakstan has a generally empty area eastwards, but it's pretty far from the equator.

Where would Germany establish a launch site? There don't look to be many areas in Continental Europe from which it would be easy to launch payloads into orbit.

I'd assume they'd set it up in the Southern Ukraine/Crimea/Caucuses region (since we're assuming Nazi victory, why not assume wank/lebensraum?). Space to the east? Check: lots of farmland or even black sea (if anytrhing lands on a farmer or a rump Soviet, so what?). Close to equator? Well, not any farther than Soviet Kazakh space bases OTL.

Thande

Donor

Neither of which has stopped Israel doing it or Russia doing it from Plesetsk. Furthermore, there's talk of a Swedish space launch site now. Don't confuse "optimum" with "necessary".

Neither of which has stopped Israel doing it or Russia doing it from Plesetsk. Furthermore, there's talk of a Swedish space launch site now. Don't confuse "optimum" with "necessary".
Ja, although the Israelis have to launch WEST over the Med to avoid their Arab neighbours. Once you do that, you want NOT to be near the equator:)!

wormyguy

Banned
The best case scenario for the Nazi missile program is for it not to be funded at all, since it was a tremendous waste of funding and resources (I've heard it was on the scale of the American Manhattan Project, which I believe), that ultimately accomplished precious little for the German war effort.

By the end of the war the Germans had in the concept stage rockets that could put satellites and even a Space Station into orbit. Whilst these were pipe dreams during a war and the rest of the 40's the sky is literally the limit.

Anaxagoras

Banned

I don't. I'm just saying that a post-war Nazi space program would be at a geographic disadvantage compared to some other countries.

The best case scenario for the Nazi missile program is for it not to be funded at all, since it was a tremendous waste of funding and resources (I've heard it was on the scale of the American Manhattan Project, which I believe), that ultimately accomplished precious little for the German war effort.

I agree but this is meant to be about Nazi missles not how big a mistake they were.

San Marco Launch site?

"For a launch site that can put payloads into orbit, the two most important considerations are a) large empty spaces for a great distance eastwards and b) as close to the equator as possible."
China!? anyone, I never heard them having problems with launching rockets over populated territory. :p

Besides if Germany wins ww2 there wont be anything to the east.

Even a site in southern Italy would be on a lower latitude then Baikonur.

I don't see Germany having problems with finding a good place to launch their rockets from to be honest. If they win I am sure they can fetch a nice clean strip of land from someone.
Morocco, at the same distance from the equator as Cape Canaveral and plenty of empty room to the east. + west in case they want to fire against the rotation of earth. Maybe polar orbits are a bit more problematic from morocco, but they can launch those from another spot.

The Wasserfall sistem could have been very usefull, as Speer recalls in his memories. A ground-air missile against which there was no known defence (as it was the first one). If Germany could have eliminated or greatly reduce danger from the air in the first half of 1944, things could have been different.
The shoulder-fired weapon was not a missile. The Luftfist was a multiple-rocket launcher, with salvos of six to nine unguided rockets, but it would have been a very welcomed weapon for german ground forces in places like Falaise.