As Dreamers Do Part Deux

On lighter news James Roberts is presenting an art show on Citv called In a frame. Where in each episode he talks about what a piece of art means to him and then does his best to replicate the art he talks about.

Last edited:
Freaky Friday (2003 Remake)
B003QSLDTA_FreakyFriday_UXDY1._V142676592_SX1440_.jpg

Freaky Friday
Released by Walt Disney Pictures on August 6, 2003

Produced by
Legendary Pictures

Cast and Crew
Same as OTL

"I'd Like to be You for a Day" written by
Joel Hirschhorn
Al Kasha

Performed by
Avril Lavigne​

Entertainment News for Mid-August 2003
Entertainment News for Mid-August 2003

Excerpts from the Empire Magazine's cover story Carmen Sandiego's Billion Dollar Heist: One Year Later

@WB18
Theatre Employee:
"I had just started a new job at the Harkins that opened at the Prescott Valley Town Center. One day I was getting ready to clean the auditorium I was assigned to, and it happened to be playing Carmen Sandiego in Fantasound. I opened the door, and it was right when the picture was about to end. Greg Lee and Zack and Ivy did the 'Do it, Rockapella' line I remember fondly from watching the game show with my daughter when she was little. The amazing thing was that not one person, not even the little kids in attendance, left the auditorium during the end credits. Instead, they were dancing, snapping their fingers and singing along to theme song while waiting for the post-credits' scene with Lynne Thigpen. Later that summer, I was assigned to the auditorium that played Dana Carvey's film Master of Disguise, but the blooper reel during the end credits of that film fell way short of the energy I felt from observing the audience that came to see Carmen."

Rachel Stone-Abbott
"My son Devon was a huge fan of the game show since kindergarten. I remember watching a few episodes with him and observing how much fun he was having watching the show while learning about geography. When I heard Disney got the rights to the property when Broderbund was going out of business, I was still busy with postproduction on X-Men. There were a few other directors that were considered. Steven Spielberg was seen as the 'obvious' choice, but he was busy with the Star Wars prequels. Raja Gosnell was another name that came up, but I think he said no. Ivan Reitman, Jonathan Frakes, Joe Johnston and even Tim Burton wanted to be involved too. I didn't get the job until after X-Men came out and proved to be a huge hit. Disney had already greenlit Carmen the moment they announced they were buying the property. Because the studio wanted to get the picture out for the 2002 release, Linda Woolverton and I had to write the script at a faster pace than we'd normally work when we collaborate. Devon was extremely helpful to me and Linda during the scriptwriting process because he kept a binder of drawings he did of Carmen and her henchmen which he drew while he watched the original show. That helped us balance the amount of screen time for each of the characters."

"I offered the role of Patty Larceny to Christina Ricci early on, but she felt too old for the part. Because of that, we were able to get Scarlett Johansson for the role. Angelina Jolie was the initial choice the studio wanted for Carmen, but because of her prior commitment with the Tomb Raider project, we gave the part to Salma Hayek, who was spectacular in the Dusk till Dawn franchise. Our talent scout in Canada recommended Avril Lavigne to us for the role of Sarah Nade, but Avril turned us down. Instead, Devon suggested Rachael Leigh Cook after he saw her in Josie and the Pussycats. I initially wanted to cast Quentin Tarantino to play Vic the Slick, but he went off to do his version of Star Trek at RKO, so we settled with Alec Baldwin. Kid n' Play as Double Trouble was a no-brainer, as was getting Kevin Smith to be Wonder Rat. While we're at it, there was no way was I gonna miss the chance to get Randy Savage to be Top Grunge."

"Lynne Thigpen told me at the premiere that she would be open to returning for a sequel, but of course, she passed away unexpectedly. I've talked with the studio about maybe using the Max Headroom chief from the animated series, but that might hinge on Roger Bumpass's schedule because I'm sure he's got a pretty good gig right now doing Squidward on Spongebob."

"As soon as Carmen came out and the film crossed the billion-dollar mark, my phone blew up. Paramount offered me Thundercats, with the intent of casting Bruce Willis to be Lion-O. But I said no because I felt they should give someone younger a chance. Columbia-TriStar, where I did Catwoman, offered me Strange Magic, which is supposed to be a reimagining of their 80's cartoon Theo and Gretchen. I turned that down because I wouldn't do the project without George Lucas, with whom CT still had some bad blood over the show getting hammered in the ratings by the original Ninja Turtles. Rick McCallum at RKO came up to me at the San Diego Comic Con and offered me a chance to reboot Star Trek, which was strange because it was right after Quentin Tarantino did his version, which was still fairly new to the Trekkie crowd. Then, New Line Cinema came to me for the chance to reboot Sailor Moon. They also offered me a live action adaptation of their cartoon What's with Andy?. Both sounded intriguing, but I was conflicted. The Sailor Moon films they did before got a lot of criticism over the short skirts and panty shots, so I wasn't too sure. Finally, I settled on returning to Disney to direct the Carmen sequel."

Theatre Employee:
"I had just started a new job at the Harkins that opened at the Prescott Valley Town Center. One day I was getting ready to clean the auditorium I was assigned to, and it happened to be playing Carmen Sandiego in Fantasound. I opened the door, and it was right when the picture was about to end. Greg Lee and Zack and Ivy did the 'Do it, Rockapella' line I remember fondly from watching the game show with my daughter when she was little. The amazing thing was that not one person, not even the little kids in attendance, left the auditorium during the end credits. Instead, they were dancing, snapping their fingers and singing along to theme song while waiting for the post-credits' scene with Lynne Thigpen. Later that summer, I was assigned to the auditorium that played Dana Carvey's film Master of Disguise, but the blooper reel during the end credits of that film fell way short of the energy I felt from observing the audience that came to see Carmen."

Rachel Stone-Abbott
"My son Devon was a huge fan of the game show since kindergarten. I remember watching a few episodes with him and observing how much fun he was having watching the show while learning about geography. When I heard Disney got the rights to the property when Broderbund was going out of business, I was still busy with postproduction on X-Men. There were a few other directors that were considered. Steven Spielberg was seen as the 'obvious' choice, but he was busy with the Star Wars prequels. Raja Gosnell was another name that came up, but I think he said no. Ivan Reitman, Jonathan Frakes, Joe Johnston and even Tim Burton wanted to be involved too. I didn't get the job until after X-Men came out and proved to be a huge hit. Disney had already greenlit Carmen the moment they announced they were buying the property. Because the studio wanted to get the picture out for the 2002 release, Linda Woolverton and I had to write the script at a faster pace than we'd normally work when we collaborate. Devon was extremely helpful to me and Linda during the scriptwriting process because he kept a binder of drawings he did of Carmen and her henchmen which he drew while he watched the original show. That helped us balance the amount of screen time for each of the characters."

"I offered the role of Patty Larceny to Christina Ricci early on, but she felt too old for the part. Because of that, we were able to get Scarlett Johansson for the role. Angelina Jolie was the initial choice the studio wanted for Carmen, but because of her prior commitment with the Tomb Raider project, we gave the part to Salma Hayek, who was spectacular in the Dusk till Dawn franchise. Our talent scout in Canada recommended Avril Lavigne to us for the role of Sarah Nade, but Avril turned us down. Instead, Devon suggested Rachael Leigh Cook after he saw her in Josie and the Pussycats. I initially wanted to cast Quentin Tarantino to play Vic the Slick, but he went off to do his version of Star Trek at RKO, so we settled with Alec Baldwin. Kid n' Play as Double Trouble was a no-brainer, as was getting Kevin Smith to be Wonder Rat. While we're at it, there was no way was I gonna miss the chance to get Randy Savage to be Top Grunge."

"Lynne Thigpen told me at the premiere that she would be open to returning for a sequel, but of course, she passed away unexpectedly. I've talked with the studio about maybe using the Max Headroom chief from the animated series, but that might hinge on Roger Bumpass's schedule because I'm sure he's got a pretty good gig right now doing Squidward on Spongebob."

"As soon as Carmen came out and the film crossed the billion-dollar mark, my phone blew up. Paramount offered me Thundercats, with the intent of casting Bruce Willis to be Lion-O. But I said no because I felt they should give someone younger a chance. Columbia-TriStar, where I did Catwoman, offered me Strange Magic, which is supposed to be a reimagining of their 80's cartoon Theo and Gretchen. I turned that down because I wouldn't do the project without George Lucas, with whom CT still had some bad blood over the show getting hammered in the ratings by the original Ninja Turtles. Rick McCallum at RKO came up to me at the San Diego Comic Con and offered me a chance to reboot Star Trek, which was strange because it was right after Quentin Tarantino did his version, which was still fairly new to the Trekkie crowd. Then, New Line Cinema came to me for the chance to reboot Sailor Moon. They also offered me a live action adaptation of their cartoon What's with Andy?. Both sounded intriguing, but I was conflicted. The Sailor Moon films they did before got a lot of criticism over the short skirts and panty shots, so I wasn't too sure. Finally, I settled on returning to Disney to direct the Carmen sequel."
All of this is really good, but I have to give particular mention at the end to Bruce Willis as Lion-O, the Strange Magic re-adaptation, and the What's with Andy live-action film. I think that, despite all the red tape and bad blood, those three ideas should happen eventually.

Perhaps we can get Jonathan Frakes to direct the Thundercats movie, while Raja Gosnell directs the What's with Andy? movie. After all, if they could have directed a billion-dollar movie like Carmen Sandiego, imagine what could go with those two properties.

I've talked with the studio about maybe using the Max Headroom chief from the animated series, but that might hinge on Roger Bumpass's schedule because I'm sure he's got a pretty good gig right now doing Squidward on Spongebob.
I mean...you could always double-down on the Max Headroom comparison and just get Matt Frewer....
Or have Gregg be promoted to chief but stay in touch as a holographic head, and have him slowly start to take more of the cartoon's style as the movie goes on...

Amazing! But to @OldNavy1988, we have next in the list, New Line's Freddy vs. Ghostface (TTL's equivalent to Freddy vs. Jason), Touchstone Pictures' Grind (OTL Warner Bros. made the film), 20th Century-Fox's Uptown Girls (OTL MGM made the film) (produced TTL by Legendary Pictures), Gramercy Pictures' Thirteen (OTL Fox Searchlight made the film) and RKO Radio Pictures' Marci X (OTL Paramount Pictures made the film).

Amazing! But to @OldNavy1988, we have next in the list, New Line's Freddy vs. Ghostface (TTL's equivalent to Freddy vs. Jason), Touchstone Pictures' Grind (OTL Warner Bros. made the film), 20th Century-Fox's Uptown Girls (OTL MGM made the film) (produced TTL by Legendary Pictures), Gramercy Pictures' Thirteen (OTL Fox Searchlight made the film) and RKO Radio Pictures' Marci X (OTL Paramount Pictures made the film).
I’d rather just have a better Freddy vs Jason then Freddy vs Ghostface. Maybe with the planned and scripted Freddy vs Jason vs Ash as a sequel

I would do Dyna next, then do Gaia to form a trilogy. With either Cosmos afterwards or do Ultraman Max instead?
I don't agree with it but it is up to whoever thinks it best.

The Sailor Moon films they did before got a lot of criticism over the short skirts and panty shots, so I wasn't too sure. Finally, I settled on returning to Disney to direct the Carmen sequel."
So I think Sailor Moon got screwed now ITTL... Great... Feel bad for the creator of the manga. Hope other magical girl shows like Precure avoid what happened to Sailor Moon with the films.

At least Carmen getting a sequel. Which is good.

Also any new sports league updates as of late here?

So I think Sailor Moon got screwed now ITTL... Great... Feel bad for the creator of the manga. Hope other magical girl shows like Precure avoid what happened to Sailor Moon with the films.

I have a layout of what WCW's brand extension would look like, I'll send you and Navy a pm for it later today.

Ronnaldo joined Man u

2003-04 Saturday Morning Schedule
Here is the 2003-04 Saturday Morning Schedule

ABC (Nick on ABC)

Preview show hosted by The Brothers Garcia
8:00 Rugrats (Klasky-Csupo)
8:30 The Wild Thornberrys (Klasky-Csupo)
9:00 Hey Arnold! (Hanna-Barbera; Snee-Oosh)
9:30 Ed, Edd n Eddy (AKA Cartoon)
10:00 The Brothers Garcia [Live action]
10:30 Grim and Evil (Hanna-Barbera)
11:00 Codename: Kids Next Door (Hanna-Barbera)
11:30 What's New Scooby Doo? (Hanna-Barbera)
12:00 Samurai Jack (Hanna-Barbera)
12:30 As Told by Ginger (Klasky-Csupo)

CBS
8:00 Pokemon (Nelvana)
8:30 Sagwa: The Chinese Siamese Cat (Nelvana)
9:00 The Magic School Bus (Nelvana)
9:30 Teen Titans (Screen Gems)
10:00 Kirby: Right Back at Ya! (Nelvana)
10:30 The Justice League (Screen Gems)
11:00 Yu-Gi-Oh! (Nelvana)
11:30 Harold and the Purple Crayon (Nelvana)
12:00 Stuart Little (Screen Gems)
12:30 Pelswick (Nelvana)

NBC
8:00 Kenzo (MWS; RKO) [Reruns]
8:30 Braceface (MWS; RKO)
9:00 The Cramp Twins (MWS; RKO)
9:30 Shaman King (Lionsgate)
10:00 Martin Mystery (Lionsgate)

10:30 Sheep in the Big City (MWS; RKO)
11:00 What About Mimi? (MWS; RKO)
11:30 Godzilla: The Series (MWS; RKO) [Reruns]
12:00 Kong: The Series (MWS; RKO) [Reruns]

SBC
8:00 What's with Andy? (CineGroupe; New Line Cinema)
8:30 Galidor: Defenders of the Outer Dimension (CineGroupe; New Line Cinema) [Live Action]
9:00 Power Rangers: Dino Thunder (New Line Cinema) [Live Action]
9:30 Ultraman Tiga (New Line Cinema) [Live Action]
10:00 Jackie Chan Adventures (DiC; Golden Harvest/New Line Cinema)
10:30 Sailor Moon (New Line Cinema) [Reruns]
11:00 Winx Club (DiC; New Line Cinema)
11:30 Tootuff (known in Switzerland as Titeuf) (English dub produced by New Line Cinema)

12:00 Samurai Pizza Cats (New Line Cinema) [Reruns]
12:30 Local programming

Fox
(Most Fox programming produced by Grantray-Lawrence or Walt Disney Television Animation)
8:00 Lilo and Stitch: The Series

8:30 Kim Possible
9:00 Fillmore!
9:30 AstroBoy (2003 Revival)
10:00 That's So Raven [Live Action]

10:30 Spider-Man: The New Animated Series
11:00 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2002 Series)
11:30 Casper and Molly McGee
12:00 The Proud Family
12:30 House of Mouse

UPN
8:00 Maisy (Universal)
8:30 Arthur (Paramount)
9:00 Sabrina: The Animated Series (Universal) [Reruns]
9:30 Cardcaptors (English dub produced by Universal)
10:00 Sonic X (Paramount)
10:30 Alex Kidd: The Series (Paramount)

11:00 Archie's Weird Mysteries (Universal) [Reruns]
11:30 The Mummy (Universal)
12:00 The Scorpion King (Universal)
12:30 The Zeta Project (Paramount)

MyNetworkTV (KidsWB!)
8:00 Baby Looney Tunes (Warner Bros.)
8:30 Tiny Toon Adventures (Warner Bros.) [Reruns]
9:00 Taz-Mania (Warner Bros.) [Reruns]
9:30 Animaniacs (Warner Bros.) [Reruns]
10:00 Men in Black: The Series (Carolco) [Reruns]
10:30 Xiaolin Showdown (Warner Bros.)

11:00 Freakazoid (Warner Bros.) [Reruns]
11:30 Static Shock (Carolco) [Reruns]
12:00 Shezow (Hollywood Pictures Television) [Reruns]

New shows in BOLD

ABC (Nick on ABC)
Preview show hosted by The Brothers Garcia
8:00 Rugrats (Klasky-Csupo)
8:30 The Wild Thornberrys (Klasky-Csupo)
9:00 Hey Arnold! (Hanna-Barbera; Snee-Oosh)
9:30 Ed, Edd n Eddy (AKA Cartoon)
10:00 The Brothers Garcia [Live action]
10:30 Grim and Evil (Hanna-Barbera)
11:00 Codename: Kids Next Door (Hanna-Barbera)
11:30 What's New Scooby Doo? (Hanna-Barbera)
12:00 Samurai Jack (Hanna-Barbera)
12:30 As Told by Ginger (Klasky-Csupo)
I like this lineup. From the outside looking in, it looks like equal parts Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, despite that not being the case.
CBS
8:00 Pokemon (Nelvana)
8:30 Sagwa: The Chinese Siamese Cat (Nelvana)
9:00 The Magic School Bus (Nelvana)
9:30 Teen Titans (Screen Gems)
10:00 Kirby: Right Back at Ya! (Nelvana)
10:30 Justice League (Screen Gems)
11:00 Yu-Gi-Oh! (Nelvana)
11:30 Harold and the Purple Crayon (Nelvana)
12:00 Stuart Little (Screen Gems)
12:30 Pelswick (Nelvana)
Three anime dubs, four kid-friendly cartoons, and three more cartoons for the 6-11 crowd. Sweet!
NBC
8:00 Kenzo (MWS; RKO) [Reruns]
8:30 Braceface (MWS; RKO)
9:00 The Cramp Twins (MWS; RKO)
9:30 Shaman King (Lionsgate)
10:00 Martin Mystery (Lionsgate)

10:30 Sheep in the Big City (MWS; RKO)
11:00 What About Mimi? (MWS; RKO)
11:30 Godzilla: The Series (MWS; RKO) [Reruns]
12:00 Kong: The Series (MWS; RKO) [Reruns]
I see that Lionsgate is supplying the new shows this year on NBC, if we don't count the new season pickups at MWS. I completely understand.
SBC
8:00 What's with Andy? (CineGroupe; New Line Cinema)
8:30 Galidor: Defenders of the Outer Dimension (CineGroupe; New Line Cinema) [Live Action]
9:00 Power Rangers: Dino Thunder (New Line Cinema) [Live Action]
9:30 Ultraman Tiga (New Line Cinema) [Live Action]
10:00 Jackie Chan Adventures (DiC; Golden Harvest/New Line Cinema)
10:30 Sailor Moon (New Line Cinema) [Reruns]
11:00 Winx Club (DiC; New Line Cinema)
11:30 Tootuff (known in Switzerland as Titeuf) (English dub produced by New Line Cinema)

12:00 Samurai Pizza Cats (New Line Cinema) [Reruns]
12:30 Local programming
Now this is interesting! Reruns of Sailor Moon instead of a live-action series, likely to stave off any horny college kids, plus the newest season of Power Rangers, a new English dub from New Line, and even associating Winx Club with DIC Entertainment. I love this!
Fox
(Most Fox programming produced by Grantray-Lawrence or Walt Disney Television Animation)
8:00 Lilo and Stitch: The Series

8:30 Kim Possible
9:00 Fillmore!
9:30 AstroBoy (2003 Revival)
10:00 That's So Raven [Live Action]

10:30 Spider-Man: The New Animated Series
11:00 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2002 Series)
11:30 Casper and Molly McGee
12:00 The Proud Family
12:30 House of Mouse
I would expect to see Lilo and Stitch and That's So Raven on here, but seeing a new anime from Disney, and seeing that anime as Astro Boy, is the real selling point to me.
UPN
8:00 Maisy (Universal)
8:30 Arthur (Paramount)
9:00 Sabrina: The Animated Series (Universal) [Reruns]
9:30 Cardcaptors (English dub produced by Universal)
10:00 Sonic X (Paramount)
10:30 Alex Kidd: The Series (Paramount)

11:00 Archie's Weird Mysteries (Universal) [Reruns]
11:30 The Mummy (Universal)
12:00 The Scorpion King (Universal)
12:30 The Zeta Project (Paramount)
I'm quite surprised that Alex Kidd has an animated series in 2003, but being paired up with Sonic X makes it more fitting.
MyNetworkTV (KidsWB!)
8:00 Baby Looney Tunes (Warner Bros.)
8:30 Tiny Toon Adventures (Warner Bros.) [Reruns]
9:00 Taz-Mania (Warner Bros.) [Reruns]
9:30 Animaniacs (Warner Bros.) [Reruns]
10:00 Men in Black: The Series (Carolco) [Reruns]
10:30 Xiaolin Showdown (Warner Bros.)

11:00 Freakazoid (Warner Bros.) [Reruns]
11:30 Static Shock (Carolco) [Reruns]
12:00 Shezow (Hollywood Pictures Television) [Reruns]
Xiaolin Showdown, Carolco's animated outputs moving back home, and even Hollywood Pictures lending their biggest new hit for kids to WB.

With all this in mind, could I suggest a potential schedule for next year in a PM?