As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Here is the 2003-04 Saturday Morning Schedule

ABC (Nick on ABC)

Preview show hosted by The Brothers Garcia
8:00 Rugrats (Klasky-Csupo)
8:30 The Wild Thornberrys (Klasky-Csupo)
9:00 Hey Arnold! (Hanna-Barbera; Snee-Oosh)
9:30 Ed, Edd n Eddy (AKA Cartoon)
10:00 The Brothers Garcia [Live action]
10:30 Grim and Evil (Hanna-Barbera)
11:00 Codename: Kids Next Door (Hanna-Barbera)
11:30 What's New Scooby Doo? (Hanna-Barbera)
12:00 Samurai Jack (Hanna-Barbera)
12:30 As Told by Ginger (Klasky-Csupo)

CBS
8:00 Pokemon (Nelvana)
8:30 Sagwa: The Chinese Siamese Cat (Nelvana)
9:00 The Magic School Bus (Nelvana)
9:30 Teen Titans (Screen Gems)
10:00 Kirby: Right Back at Ya! (Nelvana)
10:30 The Justice League (Screen Gems)
11:00 Yu-Gi-Oh! (Nelvana)
Yu-Gi-Oh! dubbed by who now?.......
11:30 Harold and the Purple Crayon (Nelvana)
12:00 Stuart Little (Screen Gems)
12:30 Pelswick (Nelvana)

NBC
8:00 Kenzo (MWS; RKO) [Reruns]
8:30 Braceface (MWS; RKO)
9:00 The Cramp Twins (MWS; RKO)
9:30 Shaman King (Lionsgate)
10:00 Martin Mystery (Lionsgate)

10:30 Sheep in the Big City (MWS; RKO)
11:00 What About Mimi? (MWS; RKO)
11:30 Godzilla: The Series (MWS; RKO) [Reruns]
12:00 Kong: The Series (MWS; RKO) [Reruns]

SBC
8:00 What's with Andy? (CineGroupe; New Line Cinema)
8:30 Galidor: Defenders of the Outer Dimension (CineGroupe; New Line Cinema) [Live Action]
9:00 Power Rangers: Dino Thunder (New Line Cinema) [Live Action]
9:30 Ultraman Tiga (New Line Cinema) [Live Action]
10:00 Jackie Chan Adventures (DiC; Golden Harvest/New Line Cinema)
10:30 Sailor Moon (New Line Cinema) [Reruns]
11:00 Winx Club (DiC; New Line Cinema)
11:30 Tootuff (known in Switzerland as Titeuf) (English dub produced by New Line Cinema)

12:00 Samurai Pizza Cats (New Line Cinema) [Reruns]
12:30 Local programming
Thank god someone listened to one of my suggestions!

And why is Sailor Moon still rerunning instead of something new? I got a idea to fill up that slot in 2004 if you want it!
Fox
(Most Fox programming produced by Grantray-Lawrence or Walt Disney Television Animation)
8:00 Lilo and Stitch: The Series

8:30 Kim Possible
9:00 Fillmore!
9:30 AstroBoy (2003 Revival)
10:00 That's So Raven [Live Action]

10:30 Spider-Man: The New Animated Series
11:00 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2002 Series)
11:30 Casper and Molly McGee
12:00 The Proud Family
12:30 House of Mouse
Cool! Would Spider-Man:TNAS last longer ITTL?
UPN
8:00 Maisy (Universal)
8:30 Arthur (Paramount)
9:00 Sabrina: The Animated Series (Universal) [Reruns]
9:30 Cardcaptors (English dub produced by Universal)
10:00 Sonic X (Paramount)
10:30 Alex Kidd: The Series (Paramount)

11:00 Archie's Weird Mysteries (Universal) [Reruns]
11:30 The Mummy (Universal)
12:00 The Scorpion King (Universal)
12:30 The Zeta Project (Paramount)
Cool. Is Alex Kidd coming back?
MyNetworkTV (KidsWB!)
8:00 Baby Looney Tunes (Warner Bros.)
8:30 Tiny Toon Adventures (Warner Bros.) [Reruns]
9:00 Taz-Mania (Warner Bros.) [Reruns]
9:30 Animaniacs (Warner Bros.) [Reruns]
10:00 Men in Black: The Series (Carolco) [Reruns]
10:30 Xiaolin Showdown (Warner Bros.)

11:00 Freakazoid (Warner Bros.) [Reruns]
11:30 Static Shock (Carolco) [Reruns]
12:00 Shezow (Hollywood Pictures Television) [Reruns]
Ok.....

99.99% of the lineup is reruns...

I have some ideas for filling up some time for 2004 so this block can get some fresh ratings

Overall, good lineup!
I like this lineup. From the outside looking in, it looks like equal parts Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, despite that not being the case.

Three anime dubs, four kid-friendly cartoons, and three more cartoons for the 6-11 crowd. Sweet!

I see that Lionsgate is supplying the new shows this year on NBC, if we don't count the new season pickups at MWS. I completely understand.

Now this is interesting! Reruns of Sailor Moon instead of a live-action series, likely to stave off any horny college kids, plus the newest season of Power Rangers, a new English dub from New Line, and even associating Winx Club with DIC Entertainment. I love this!

I would expect to see Lilo and Stitch and That's So Raven on here, but seeing a new anime from Disney, and seeing that anime as Astro Boy, is the real selling point to me.

I'm quite surprised that Alex Kidd has an animated series in 2003, but being paired up with Sonic X makes it more fitting.

Xiaolin Showdown, Carolco's animated outputs moving back home, and even Hollywood Pictures lending their biggest new hit for kids to WB.

With all this in mind, could I suggest a potential schedule for next year in a PM?
This is all really good! And I could agree with you about the horny college kids part.........

Oh, and has anyone seen my potential list of shows that could air ITTL and my action block for TAN?
Perfect timing for that idea!
Yeah! I think a new Alex Kidd game would be cool! Especially paired up with Sonic.
I take it this show still has this theme ITTL:

And if so, which record company has Puffy AmiYumi signed a deal with to distribute the band's albums in the US ITTL? IOTL, Warner Music Group got the US distribution rights.

I really hope that this is the case!

Very good!

Entertainment News for Early September 2003
Entertainment News for Early September 2003

Disney confirms that Rachel Stone-Abbott will direct Carmen Sandiego Strikes Again. The sequel to last year's billion-dollar box office hit is slated for a 2005 release.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Paramount talks with Jonathan Frakes about directing a possible Thundercats movie. Bruce Willis is attached to the project with the studio hoping he'll play Lion-O.
- Variety

What's with Raja?
Unable to convince Rachel Stone-Abbott to revitalize the Sailor Moon franchise, New Line Cinema has pivoted towards a live action adaptation of its Saturday morning cartoon What's with Andy. Raja Gosnell, the man behind Big Momma's House and the live action Scooby Doo flick, will helm the proposed project slated for a Christmas 2005 or Summer 2006 release.
- Access Hollywood

What we're seeing in Hollywood right now is a trend towards the studios dusting off all the dormant children's properties they own. Because of that, I feel that now is the time for us to bring the Muppets back to the big screen after Muppets from Space proved disappointing four years ago.
- Brian Henson on Charlie Rose

After a brief hiatus, the Backstreet Boys plan to reunite and release a new album by late 2004. Legendary Records has signed on after the group's four album deal with 20th Century-Fox had expired.
- MTV News

The second season of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles revival kicks off with Weird Al Yankovic debuting an exclusive new song, "TMNT," a parody of 50 Cent's "PIMP."
- Entertainment Tonight

The Sports Page
The Philadelphia Eagles christen Lincoln Financial Field with a Monday Night matchup against the Washington Heroes.
- ESPN

Disney confirms that Rachel Stone-Abbott will direct Carmen Sandiego Strikes Again. The sequel to last year's billion-dollar box office hit is slated for a 2005 release.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Paramount talks with Jonathan Frakes about directing a possible Thundercats movie. Bruce Willis is attached to the project with the studio hoping he'll play Lion-O.
- Variety

What's with Raja?
Unable to convince Rachel Stone-Abbott to revitalize the Sailor Moon franchise, New Line Cinema has pivoted towards a live action adaptation of its Saturday morning cartoon What's with Andy. Raja Gosnell, the man behind Big Momma's House and the live action Scooby Doo flick, will helm the proposed project slated for a Christmas 2005 or Summer 2006 release.
- Access Hollywood

What we're seeing in Hollywood right now is a trend towards the studios dusting off all the dormant children's properties they own. Because of that, I feel that now is the time for us to bring the Muppets back to the big screen after Muppets from Space proved disappointing four years ago.
- Brian Henson on Charlie Rose

After a brief hiatus, the Backstreet Boys plan to reunite and release a new album by late 2004. Legendary Records has signed on after the group's four album deal with 20th Century-Fox had expired.
- MTV News

The second season of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles revival kicks off with Weird Al Yankovic debuting an exclusive new song, "TMNT," a parody of 50 Cent's "PIMP."
- Entertainment Tonight
1: Love it.
2: Thank you for using my ideas for Thundercats and Andy movies. On the latter's release, I could see it being released in Christmas 2005, because you know New Line would want to compete against a billion-dollar movie's sequel.
3: I agree with Brian, and I also think we could get a live-action Space Ghost movie at some point.
4: YES! And since Legendary is a new Disney division, as far as I know, the Backstreet Boys are still on their payroll.
5: Ha! I love that!

Yu-Gi-Oh! dubbed by who now?.......

Thank god someone listened to one of my suggestions!

And why is Sailor Moon still rerunning instead of something new? I got a idea to fill up that slot in 2004 if you want it!

Cool! Would Spider-Man:TNAS last longer ITTL?

Cool. Is Alex Kidd coming back?

Ok.....

99.99% of the lineup is reruns...

I have some ideas for filling up some time for 2004 so this block can get some fresh ratings

Overall, good lineup!

This is all really good! And I could agree with you about the horny college kids part.........

Oh, and has anyone seen my potential list of shows that could air ITTL and my action block for TAN?

Yeah! I think a new Alex Kidd game would be cool! Especially paired up with Sonic.

I really hope that this is the case!

Very good!
Hey TheFaultsOfAlts, how do you think of this?

Hey TheFaultsOfAlts, how do you think of this?
1: Yu-Gi-Oh! is dubbed by Nelvana, because Pokemon and Kirby were dubbed by Nelvana, because Nelvana and Hasbro have connected ties to Nintendo since the NES days.
2: Sailor Moon is in reruns because there were plans to remake the show in live-action, which were eventually cancelled due to the film's director saying no to being involved, as well as past issues with the Nancy Drew cartoon and 1975 Beauty and the Beast movie coming back to bite them.
3: I would hope that Spider-Man: TNAS lasts longer ITTL, but maybe those further seasons move to Disney Channel or Toon Disney instead of the Fox Network.
4: Hopefully, Alex Kidd does come back, because in my eyes, he'll always be Sega's first mascot.
5: I also have some ideas for MyNetworkTV's SatAM schedule, but they mainly involve cutting the block in half and investing in a lot more new animation. If the latter doesn't happen, it'll have to be the former.
6: Note that the "horny college kids" comment worked in Disney's favor in the 80s, but that was because Lum was an animated character, not a real person playing a fictional woman.
7: You're not the only one who thought an Alex Kidd/Sonic the Hedgehog crossover game could work. After all, it spawned a potential game idea from this timeline's resident game expert, @eldandythedoubter.
8: I also hope the Teen Titans theme stays intact, to be honest.
9: Personally, I'd want Warner Bros. Records to sign a music deal with Puffy AmiYumi, mainly so that their cartoon series actually provides something new on MNTV.

Well everyone, the main cast for Wildbrain's Sonic Prime has been announced and we have come full circle from Sonic Underground with the dub once again being produced in Canada.

Deven Mack (Johnny Test 2021) as Sonic the Hedgehog .
Ashleigh Bell (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) as Unknown Character #1 (Possibly Tails).
Shannon-Chan Kent (Death Note, Gundam 00) as Unknown Character #2 (Possibly Amy or Cream).
Brian Drummond (Death Note, Dragon Ball, Mega Man: Powered Up) as Unknown Character #3 (Either Knuckles, who he played in Sonic Underground, Shadow, or Eggman).
Vincent Tong (Ninjago, Mega Man: Fully Charged, Iron Man: Armored Adventures) as Unknown Character #4 (Definitely Shadow based off performance as the Mandarin but potentially Silver based off his performance as Matsuda in Death Note)
Ian Hanlin (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) as Unknown Character #6 (If by some chance they have someone like Rotor, then I can see him playing that character).
Kazumi Evans (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) as Unknown Character #7 (Possibly Rouge or if they have a SATAM equivalent, Sally)
Adam Nurada (Dragalia Lost) as Unknown Character # (Can't really put a character to this guy due to him being a relative new actor).

Like what I saw for the news. Hopefully we get a Cubs vs Red Sox World Series here like we should have IRL in 2003.

We'll great! To @OldNavy1988, ABC (OTL it was The WB) is premiering a new teen drama One Tree Hill, from Tollin/Robbins and Touchstone Television (OTL Warner Bros. produces the show). Also in the coverage for this month, we have New Line Cinema's (OTL DreamWorks made the film) Anything Else, United Artists' (OTL Paramount made the film) The Fighting Temptations, and Destination Films' (OTL Screen Gems made the film) Underworld. Rod Roddy (instead of dying OTL, staying TTL) left The Price is Right to join the announcing gig for a new CBS primetime show Deal or No Deal, set to start in early 2004 (OTL it was started in 2005 and it was on NBC).

9: Personally, I'd want Warner Bros. Records to sign a music deal with Puffy AmiYumi, mainly so that their cartoon series actually provides something new on MNTV.
I was thinking that idea as well, though if Columbia Records signs a music deal with Puffy AmiYumi ITTL (Due to CBS owning both Columbia and DC ITTL), It'd probably be either Screen Gems or Nelvana (My money would be on the latter, as Nelvana has a long history with music cartoons (The Devil and Daniel Mouse, Rock & Rule, that "Jefferson Starship: The Definitive Concert" video they did live-action wraparound segments for, My Dad the Rock Star, and to a lesser extent The Backyardigans and Fresh Beat Band of Spies... Why do I smell possible crossovers between Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi and The Devil and Daniel Mouse/Rock & Rule/My Dad the Rock Star?) who would possibly produce Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi ITTL. Your idea is good too.

Speaking of Nelvana, has CBS succeeded in buying out Nelvana ITTL without the far right Canadian parliament getting in the way?

1: Yu-Gi-Oh! is dubbed by Nelvana, because Pokemon and Kirby were dubbed by Nelvana, because Nelvana and Hasbro have connected ties to Nintendo since the NES days.
Oh....

I would have it dubbed by Konami, but that's just me.

Is the dub better tho? Because the first thing that popped up in my mind was whether this was gonna be worse than the 4Kids dub...
2: Sailor Moon is in reruns because there were plans to remake the show in live-action, which were eventually cancelled due to the film's director saying no to being involved, as well as past issues with the Nancy Drew cartoon and 1975 Beauty and the Beast movie coming back to bite them.
Ouch....
3: I would hope that Spider-Man: TNAS lasts longer ITTL, but maybe those further seasons move to Disney Channel or Toon Disney instead of the Fox Network.
Would they have a action brand ITTL?
4: Hopefully, Alex Kidd does come back, because in my eyes, he'll always be Sega's first mascot.
5: I also have some ideas for MyNetworkTV's SatAM schedule, but they mainly involve cutting the block in half and investing in a lot more new animation. If the latter doesn't happen, it'll have to be the former.
Yeah.....

They don't even have to make new shows, I'd just pick up some acquired shows, but a few originals wouldn't hurt and would actually be better.
6: Note that the "horny college kids" comment worked in Disney's favor in the 80s, but that was because Lum was an animated character, not a real person playing a fictional woman.
7: You're not the only one who thought an Alex Kidd/Sonic the Hedgehog crossover game could work. After all, it spawned a potential game idea from this timeline's resident game expert, @eldandythedoubter.
Well, I guess you are right.
8: I also hope the Teen Titans theme stays intact, to be honest.
Yeah! Me too.

I was thinking that idea as well, though if Columbia Records signs a music deal with Puffy AmiYumi ITTL (Due to CBS owning both Columbia and DC ITTL), It'd probably be either Screen Gems or Nelvana (My money would be on the latter, as Nelvana has a long history with music cartoons (The Devil and Daniel Mouse, Rock & Rule, that "Jefferson Starship: The Definitive Concert" video they did live-action wraparound segments for, My Dad the Rock Star, and to a lesser extent The Backyardigans and Fresh Beat Band of Spies... Why do I smell possible crossovers between Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi and The Devil and Daniel Mouse/Rock & Rule/My Dad the Rock Star?) who would possibly produce Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi ITTL. Your idea is good too.
As good as the crossovers would be, I think Nelvana and Screen Gems would have too much on their plates in 2004, between new shows like Justice League Unlimited, Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends, 6teen, and Being Ian, along with the continuing shows like Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and Teen Titans.
Speaking of Nelvana, has CBS succeeded in buying out Nelvana ITTL without the far right Canadian parliament getting in the way?
Now, that is worth considering, since CBS and Nelvana have been collaborating on Saturday Mornings since 1998 with no way to stop.

Rod Roddy (instead of dying OTL, staying TTL) left The Price is Right to join the announcing gig for a new CBS primetime show Deal or No Deal, set to start in early 2004 (OTL it was started in 2005 and it was on NBC).
Well, when CBS gets Deal or No Deal the show will hosted by Howie Mandel like IOTL, but the modeling roster is the same as the 2004 Pilot that was supposed to be sold for ABC IOTL as well.

However we can see Claudia Jordan leaving as a Model on The Price is Right (on ABC) during Season 32 to model on Deal or No Deal (on CBS Primetime) or Do Both by Going Double Duty, But We'll Never Know.