As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Entertainment News for Late July 2003
@OldNavy1988, nice for Die Hard 4. But I think Stephen Norrington would direct X-Men 3 TTL by 2006. We will get to Disney's Freaky Friday (TTL it was co-produced by Legendary Pictures) soon!

Have James Gunn direct it.

So far, I have Stephen Norrington and James Gunn in the running for X-Men 3. I might have Shane Black come back for the third if necessary.

Also, I still plan on having Columbia-TriStar bring in Chris Nolan for a new Batman continuity that'll be separate from the Raimi Verse. But if you guys prefer to see Darren Aronofsky's take on Bats instead, I might have Chris pitch a grimmer, grittier version of Shezow to Dark Horse Comics.

In case anyone's wondering how Marvel handled Spidey's 40th in 2002, there was an IMAX reissue of the 1992 Fred Dekker Spidey with Leo.

Entertainment News for Late July 2003

Gus St. Pierre and Reese Witherspoon welcome their first son, Elisha Archibald Manning St. Pierre, named after the former Saints quarterback. Gus, now a proud papa, plans to reprise his role as Gambit for X-Men 3 in 2006. Gus and Reese dated on and off since 1997 before tying the knot last year. Baby Archie was born at UCLA Medical Center on July 26 at 4 am.
- Entertainment Tonight

Disney and Legendary confirm that a Carmen Sandiego sequel is on track for a 2005 release.
- Variety

Tower Records founder Russ Solomon confirms he is putting the chain up for sale.
- The Sacramento Bee

As current studio chairman Frank Wells teases his retirement, 20th Century-Fox is in the hunt for a successor. Among the names rumored to be of interest are Amy Pascal (currently RKO's VP under Rick McCallum), Kathleen Kennedy, Jerry Bruckheimer, Robert Zemeckis or Joel Silver. Wells says he will stay at Fox until a successor is agreed upon by the Disney board of directors with a deadline of November 30 of this year.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Gus St. Pierre and Reese Witherspoon welcome their first son, Elisha Archibald Manning St. Pierre, named after the former Saints quarterback. Gus, now a proud papa, plans to reprise his role as Gambit for X-Men 3 in 2006. Gus and Reese dated on and off since 1997 before tying the knot last year. Baby Archie was born at UCLA Medical Center on July 26 at 4 am.
- Entertainment Tonight

Disney and Legendary confirm that a Carmen Sandiego sequel is on track for a 2005 release.
- Variety

Tower Records founder Russ Solomon confirms he is putting the chain up for sale.
- The Sacramento Bee

As current studio chairman Frank Wells teases his retirement, 20th Century-Fox is in the hunt for a successor. Among the names rumored to be of interest are Amy Pascal (currently RKO's VP under Rick McCallum), Kathleen Kennedy, Jerry Bruckheimer, Robert Zemeckis or Joel Silver. Wells says he will stay at Fox until a successor is agreed upon by the Disney board of directors with a deadline of November 30 of this year.
- The Hollywood Reporter
1: I could not be prouder to see Gus actually have a kid of his own.
2: YES!
3: That reminds me. Which major movie studio conglomerates own a record chain? Specifically, would Tower Records contradict some of WB's labels?
4: Among this list, I would go with either Bruckheimer, Zemeckis, or Kennedy. And of those hopeful finalists, I would choose Robert Zemeckis for his decades in the business, his reputation, and even his geek cred with being part of the BTTF franchise.

To @OldNavy1988, One Tree Hill made its debut on ABC (OTL it was on The WB), while MyNetworkTV will get its succeeding sitcom All About the Andersons. Regarding of Saturday morning content, SBC will show a live-action Sailor Moon.

Entertainment News for Early August 2003
Entertainment News for Early August 2003

After decades of evading justice, underground comix legend Robert Crumb, who turns 60 later this month, has been extradited from France to the United States to face trial for at least five sexual assaults that occurred from 1967 through '70.
- The San Francisco Chronicle

Rocky Lorenzo, former Disney and Hanna-Barbera animator, has died of natural causes at San Quentin State Prison. Lorenzo, 61, was serving six life sentences for the murders of multiple gay men and the physical abuse of his trans daughter Zoe (then known as Joseph Lorenzo). Lorenzo was infamous for having drawn panty shots in Disney's 1969 version of Alice in Wonderland. He was also notorious for his spat with supervising animator Ollie Johnston over Belle's cup size in the 1975 film Beauty and the Beast.
- USA Today

AEW signs Chris Benoit after his release from jail.
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated

Foo Fighter Dave Grohl expresses an interest in lining up investors to acquire Tower Records.
- Billboard

FX cancels Stan Lee's Stripperella after only one episode.
- TV Guide

After decades of evading justice, underground comix legend Robert Crumb, who turns 60 later this month, has been extradited from France to the United States to face trial for at least five sexual assaults that occurred from 1967 through '70.
- The San Francisco Chronicle

Rocky Lorenzo, former Disney and Hanna-Barbera animator, has died of natural causes at San Quentin State Prison. Lorenzo, 61, was serving six life sentences for the murders of multiple gay men and the physical abuse of his trans daughter Zoe (then known as Joseph Lorenzo). Lorenzo was infamous for having drawn panty shots in Disney's 1969 version of Alice in Wonderland. He was also notorious for his spat with supervising animator Ollie Johnston over Belle's cup size in the 1975 film Beauty and the Beast.
- USA Today

AEW signs Chris Benoit after his release from jail.
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated

Foo Fighter Dave Grohl expresses an interest in lining up investors to acquire Tower Records.
- Billboard

FX cancels Stan Lee's Stripperella after only one episode.
- TV Guide
1: Is this leading to him getting beheaded? If so, I'd buy that.
2: As much as I love that this guy is dead, I can't help but wonder if he was completely okay with Disney dubbing Urusei Yatsura back in the early 80s simply because of the sex appeal.
3: Oh no. That's probably not good on AEW's account.
4: I wonder who the purchase would go to.
5: When you consider Disney owning Marvel, 20th Century Fox, and a considerable grasp on the otaku way of life, I'm honestly surprised that show got aired at all. Still, I wonder if the rest of the series could go direct-to-video after that one episode proved unworthy of television?

1: Is this leading to him getting beheaded? If so, I'd buy that.
2: As much as I love that this guy is dead, I can't help but wonder if he was completely okay with Disney dubbing Urusei Yatsura back in the early 80s simply because of the sex appeal.
3: Oh no. That's probably not good on AEW's account.
4: I wonder who the purchase would go to.
5: When you consider Disney owning Marvel, 20th Century Fox, and a considerable grasp on the otaku way of life, I'm honestly surprised that show got aired at all. Still, I wonder if the rest of the series could go direct-to-video after that one episode proved unworthy of television?
3) AEW is taking a chance hoping he'll knock off his old habits.
4) Likely someone who's proven themselves as both a musician and an entrepreneur.
5) Part of the cancellation came from negative pushback from advertisers.

For the record, I also hope he will.
4) Likely someone who's proven themselves as both a musician and an entrepreneur.
Sorry, I don't have suggestions on that. At least, none that involve The Beatles.
But merging Tower Records with this label would be all sorts of confusingly wrong.
Ah, I see. I guess people have started to expect the Disneyfication process to seep into Fox's assets at this point.

Sydney Disneyland
Sydney Disneyland
(Formerly Australia's Wonderland)

Grand Opening on August 11, 2003

Founding Partners
Disney Enterprises, Inc.
Amblin Entertainment
Legendary Multimedia
The Tee and Charles Addams Foundation
Mirage Studios
Tribune Media
The Britt Allcroft Company

Grand Opening special hosted by
Paul Hogan

Opening Day Lands
Main Street USA

Self-explanatory.

Adventureland
Patterned after Mugwomp Flats from The Rescuers Down Under.

Fantasyland
Clones many of the Fantasyland staples at other Castle parks.

Tomorrowland
Themed as a retro future-that-never-was.

AJAX Crime Land
The first official presence of the Carmen Sandiego franchise at the Disney parks.

Fox Studios Sydney
Pretty much similar to the old Hollywood Pictures backlot from the original OTL California Adventure.​

Sydney Disneyland

Founding Partners
Disney Enterprises, Inc.
Amblin Entertainment
Legendary Multimedia
Mirage Studios
Tribune Media

Paul Hogan

Opening Day Lands
Main Street USA

Self-explanatory.

Adventureland

Fantasyland

Tomorrowland

AJAX Crime Land
The first official presence of the Carmen Sandiego franchise at the Disney parks.

Fox Studios Sydney
Pretty much similar to the old Hollywood Pictures backlot from the original OTL California Adventure.​
Not a bad layout for the new age of this park. I especially love the nod to The Rescuers Down Under at Adventureland.

Sydney Disneyland

Founding Partners
Disney Enterprises, Inc.
Amblin Entertainment
Legendary Multimedia
Mirage Studios
Tribune Media

Paul Hogan

Opening Day Lands
Main Street USA

Self-explanatory.

Adventureland

Fantasyland

Tomorrowland

AJAX Crime Land

Fox Studios Sydney
Diseny land Hong kong opened in 2005 otl. I would pefer if disnye replace disneyland hong kong with disneyland Thialnad ( Mot likely in bankock or pattya) Disneyland Malysia (
Pontial loctions include Kuching Johor Bahru,MiriKota Kinabalu George Town Kuala Lumpur) Disney south korea (My perferd spot would be on the resort hot spot of jeju island. One of jeju resort had a small amusnet park and thier plans to build a second gate in partnership lionsgate but covid pulled the brakes on those plans) Disneyland Disney land Poland (It could be bulit in Warsaw Krackow Lodz Gandask or Worclaw) or Disneyland Chezch republic (Prague would probbly be the best place to build it). If the disneyland snydy push disneyland hong kong or pontial replacment I hope the park would open by 2009 at the latest

Does any body like the of jack of black buying out tower reccords. He defnitly has music expernice sorta has some bussiness expenice becasue he does own a flim prouction company called elctric dymaic proudctions otl although that open in 2006. ALso Jack black break out role was playing record store employe in high fildelity so he seams like a good fit buying. Altenaly Tower records could merge with virgin records

To @OldNavy1988, I'll take Stephen Norrington for the win as director of X-Men 3. But Carolco's Basic Instinct 2 (released three years earlier and directed TTL by Sam Mendes) will happen. BTW, Thomas Newman composed the film score TTL.

For Saturday mornings, FOX is offering Lilo & Stitch: The Series, CBS would offer Jacob Two-Two, and NBC will offer MWS' Kenny the Shark and Lionsgate's Funky Cops. ABC will have the new teen drama One Tree Hill this fall (OTL The WB, then The CW aired it), produced by Touchstone Television.