As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day (1991 Film)
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day
hqdefault.jpg

Released on March 8, 1991.

Produced by
Klasky-Csupo

Released by
Hollywood Pictures

Based on the book by
Judith Viorst

Music and Songs by
Joe Raposo

Directed by
Arlene Klasky
Gabor Csupo

Main Voices
Jonathan Taylor Thomas as Alexander
Seth Green as Anthony
Rick Galloway as Nick
Christine Ebersole as Mom
Richard White as Dad
Cloris Leachman as Mrs. Dickens (the teacher)
Freddie Starr as Dr. Fields (the dentist)
Skip Hinnant as the Shoe Salesman​

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day
hqdefault.jpg

Released on March 8, 1991.

Produced by
Klasky-Csupo

Released by
Hollywood Pictures

Based on the book by
Judith Viorst

Music and Songs by
Joe Raposo

Directed by
Arlene Klasky
Gabor Csupo

Main Voices
Jonathan Taylor Thomas as Alexander
Seth Green as Anthony
Rick Galloway as Nick
Christine Ebersole as Mom
Richard White as Dad
Cloris Leachman as Mrs. Dickens (the teacher)
Freddie Starr as Dr. Fields (the dentist)
Skip Hinnant as the Shoe Salesman​
Considering that it was an HBO special IOTL, it makes sense that their TTL parent company would distribute the film. Plus, I knew it was too good for television.

You like the voice cast ITTL?
Yes. I especially appreciate casting Jonathan Taylor Thomas as the lead, as Klasky-Csupo did the animation for the first three seasons of The Simpsons while tackling this. And since The Simpsons is a Disney production since the Tracey Ullman days, and with Disney not needing a Renaissance period yet still churning out hit after hit...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze (1991 Film)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze
tmn2-feature.jpg

Released Walt Disney Pictures and 20th Century-Fox on March 22, 1991.

Production Companies
Golden Harvest
Mirage Studios

Distributor
Buena Vista Pictures Distribution

Directed by
Steve Barron

Screenplay by
Todd W. Langen
Daniel Abbott

Based upon characters created by
Kevin Eastman
Peter Laird

Music
John Du Prez

Main Cast
James Saito as Oroku Saki/Shredder
Judith Hoag as April O'Neil
Helena Bonham Carter as Irma Langinstein
Phil Hartman as Vernon Fenwick
Giancarlo Esposito as Baxter Stockman
Ernie Reyes, Jr. as Keno
David Warner as Professor Jordan Perry
Kevin Peter Hall as Krang's android body
Vanilla Ice as himself

Voices
George Takei as Splinter
Robbie Rist as Michelangelo
Greg Rhodes as Leonardo
Josh Pais as Raphael
Corey Feldman as Donatello
Pat Fraley as Krang
Cam Clarke as Rocksteady
Barry Gordon as Bebop

After his embarrassing defeat at the hands of the Turtles in part one, the Shredder (James Saito), with help from alien overlord Krang, returns to New York for revenge. This time, Shredder has enlisted mutants of his own to help him on his quest. Their names; Bebop and Rocksteady. When Shredder learns of how the Turtles and their mentor Splinter came to be, he becomes more sinister than in the first film. Tonally, the film is similar in tone to the first film, with the Turtles being allowed to use their weapons more often on screen than they did in the OTL version. On top of all that, the Turtles must confront the Mousers which were introduced in the second issue of the original Mirage comics.

tmnt-vanilla-ice.jpg

Go Ninja, Go Ninja, Go!

Notes
- According to a USA Today survey, the Super Bowl trailer for Secret of the Ooze was the most popular commercial during ABC's telecast of Super Bowl XV. Other Super Bowl trailers from the Hollywood studios include The Rocketeer (Warner Bros.), Star Trek III: The Voyage Home (RKO Radio Pictures), The Justice League (Columbia) and Terminator 2: Judgement Day (New Line).​

Considering that it was an HBO special IOTL, it makes sense that their TTL parent company would distribute the film. Plus, I knew it was too good for television.

Yes. I especially appreciate casting Jonathan Taylor Thomas as the lead, as Klasky-Csupo did the animation for the first three seasons of The Simpsons while tackling this. And since The Simpsons is a Disney production since the Tracey Ullman days, and with Disney not needing a Renaissance period yet still churning out hit after hit...
It's kind of a shame that the animated version has pretty much disappeared IOTL.

Also, I cast JTT because IOTL, I thought Danny Tamberelli was too weepy in his voice acting.

It's kind of a shame that the animated version has pretty much disappeared IOTL.

Also, I cast JTT because IOTL, I thought Danny Tamberelli was too weepy in his voice acting.
As did the rest of HBO's kid-friendly programs, with the possible exception of Crashbox.

Well, isn't that the point of Alexander in the OTL special to be whiny and weepy? I mean, he's a kid.

Bit late catching up on the TL however regarding the Orlando Universal Park opening and likely being successful, are we going to see the European Universal Studios project E.G Milton Keynes as you considered, going ahead soon? Interesting what differences this park would have to it's sister parks should it go ahead and expect theme parks in Europe during the rest of the decade to have some crazy butterflies all over the place.

PNWKing

Banned
So, with Hollywood Pictures distributing Klasky-Csupso's first animated project, I wonder if that means that HBO might air Rugrats ITTL.

As did the rest of HBO's kid-friendly programs, with the possible exception of Crashbox.

Well, isn't that the point of Alexander in the OTL special to be whiny and weepy? I mean, he's a kid.
You know, I think you're right.

Bit late catching up on the TL however regarding the Orlando Universal Park opening and likely being successful, are we going to see the European Universal Studios project E.G Milton Keynes as you considered, going ahead soon? Interesting what differences this park would have to it's sister parks should it go ahead and expect theme parks in Europe during the rest of the decade to have some crazy butterflies all over the place.
How do you like Billy Connolly as Groundskeeper Willie and Captain Haddock?

So, with Hollywood Pictures distributing Klasky-Csupso's first animated project, I wonder if that means that HBO might air Rugrats ITTL.
Not quite. I think Rugrats might end up still being one of Nick's first Nicktoons.

Also, Klasky-Csupo will likely continue producing stuff for multiple networks. Duckman, for instance, might be more likely for HBO or Encore if USA Network doesn't pick it up.

You know, I think you're right.

Also, Klasky-Csupo will likely continue producing stuff for multiple networks. Duckman, for instance, might be more likely for HBO or Encore if USA Network doesn't pick it up.
Thanks!
At least something from Klasky-Csupo would appear on HBO. Not only that, but considering they were the ones that first aired the Urusei Yatsura dub from Disney and Fox, you'd think they would get as much unique adult animation as possible to satisfy those cravings.

Hanbara was the presosor of cartoon network studios and this timeline this timeline hanaba owns nickoldeon. So i assume some cartoon cartons like jhonny bravo and ed edd and eddy will air on neicoldeon and some nicktons may end up cartoon neteork or the warner freeform/warner family chan. However some otll carton carton may end up on networks other then nickoleon r becasue thier creator may end up working for companies other then habara. ALs

The Justice League (1991 Film)
The Justice League
fan-made-retro-style-1990s-justice-league-trailer-social.jpg

Released by Columbia Pictures on May 3, 1991.
NOTE: The above image is taken from a fan trailer that was showcased IOTL by Nerdist.

Directed by
Tim Burton

Screenplay by
Sam Hamm
Warren Skaaren
Trina Robbins

Executive Producers
George Lucas
Benjamin Melniker
Michael E. Uslan

Music by
Danny Elfman

Main Cast
Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne/Batman
Billy Zane as Superman/Clark Kent
Lynda Carter as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman
John Wesley Shipp as Barry Allen/The Flash
Cary Elwes as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow
LeVar Burton as John Stewart/Green Lantern
Demi Moore as Lois Lane
Ilan Mitchell-Smith as Jimmy Olsen
Lane Smith as Perry White
Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor
Michael Gough as Alfred Pennyworth

Notes
Supes was recast as the previous actor Christopher Reeve had quietly retired from the role.​

The Justice League
fan-made-retro-style-1990s-justice-league-trailer-social.jpg

Released by Columbia Pictures on May 3, 1991.
NOTE: The above image is taken from a fan trailer that was showcased IOTL by Nerdist.

Directed by
Tim Burton

Screenplay by
Sam Hamm
Warren Skaaren
Trina Robbins

Executive Producers
George Lucas
Benjamin Melniker
Michael E. Uslan

Music by
Danny Elfman

Main Cast
Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne/Batman
Billy Zane as Superman/Clark Kent
Lynda Carter as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman
John Wesley Shipp as Barry Allen/The Flash
Cary Elwes as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow
LeVar Burton as John Stewart/Green Lantern
Demi Moore as Lois Lane
Ilan Mitchell-Smith as Jimmy Olsen
Lane Smith as Perry White
Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor
Michael Gough as Alfred Pennyworth

Notes
Supes was recast as the previous actor Christopher Reeve had quietly retired from the role.​
Coincidentally, tomorrow would be the 30th anniversary of this film ITTL.