As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Home Alone (1990 Film)
Thanks to everyone who voted in the poll.

Home Alone
home-alone-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg

Released by Walt Disney Pictures on December 7, 1990.

Directed by
Chris Columbus

Written and Produced by
John Hughes

Music
John Williams

Edited by
Raja Gosnell

Cast
Same as OTL

Notes
- ITTL, Home Alone was released a month later than OTL to avoid this film and The Rescuers Down Under cannibalizing each other.
- ITTL, at the request of director Chris Columbus, the TV spots and trailers use Leopold Stokowski's recording of The Russian Dance from the Nutcracker segment of Fantasia. John Williams had yet to record the Holiday Flight cue when the trailers and commercials were being produced. That came last during the scoring session.​

Notes
- ITTL, Home Alone was released a month later than OTL to avoid this film and The Rescuers Down Under cannibalizing each other.
- ITTL, at the request of director Chris Columbus, the TV spots and trailers use Leopold Stokowski's recording of The Russian Dance from the Nutcracker segment of Fantasia. John Williams had yet to record the Holiday Flight cue when the trailers and commercials were being produced. That came last during the scoring session.​
1: To be honest, I would have preferred a December premiere for this movie, given how unapologetically Christmas the film is.
2: That would have actually got me to watch the film when it was out in theaters. I mean, that's one of my favorite classical tunes in history.

Thanks to everyone who voted in the poll.

Home Alone
home-alone-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg

Released by Walt Disney Pictures on December 7, 1990.

Directed by
Chris Columbus

Written and Produced by
John Hughes

Music
John Williams

Edited by
Raja Gosnell

Cast
Same as OTL

Notes
Is ghostbusters III going well development wise

The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn (1990 Film)
The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn
tintinunicorn.jpg

Released by Universal Pictures on December 21, 1990.

Produced by
Famous Studios

Based upon characters created by
Herge

An adaptation of
The Crab with the Golden Claws
The Secret of the Unicorn
Red Rackham's Treasure

Originally published by
Casterman

English version published in the USA and Canada by
Fantagraphics
(Since 1988 ITTL)

Directed by
Richard Purdum

Notable Crew
Lachlan Cunningham
Steve Melendez
Tim Dillinger
Sean Dunlop
Neal Allison
Linda Fleming
Alonzo Del Rio

Music
Danny Elfman

Main Voices
Christian Bale as Tintin
Billy Connolly as Captain Haddock
Terry Jones as Thomson
Eric Idle as Thompson
Vincent Price as Ivan Ivanovich Sakharine
Freddie Starr as Aristides Silk
John Rhys-Davies as Omar ben Salaad
Edie McClurg as Mrs. Finch
Jerry Orbach as Nestor
Rowan Atkinson as Barnaby Dawes
Jo Anne Worley as Bianca Castafiore
Pat Morita as Bunji Kuraki

Basically the plot structure for this movie is similar to the motion capture film released in 2011 IOTL.​

Last edited:
The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn
tintinunicorn.jpg

Released by Universal Pictures on December 21, 1990.

Produced by
Famous Studios

Based upon characters created by
Herge

An adaptation of
The Crab with the Golden Claws
The Secret of the Unicorn
Red Rackham's Treasure

Originally published by
Casterman

English version published in the USA and Canada by
Fantagraphics
(Since 1988 ITTL)

Directed by
Richard Purdum

Notable Crew
Lachlan Cunningham
Steve Melendez
Tim Dillinger
Sean Dunlop
Neal Allison
Linda Fleming
Alonzo Del Rio

Music
Danny Elfman

Main Voices
Christian Bale as Tintin
Billy Connolly as Captain Haddock
Terry Jones as Thomson
Eric Idle as Thompson
Vincent Price as Ivan Ivanovich Sakharine
Freddie Starr as Aristides Silk
John Rhys-Davies as Omar ben Salaad
Edie McClurg as Mrs. Finch
Jerry Orbach as Nestor
Rowan Atkinson as Barnaby Dawes
Jo Anne Worley as Bianca Castafiore
Pat Morita as Bunji Kuraki

Basically the plot structure for this movie is similar to the live action film released in 2011 IOTL.​
Don’t you mean motion capture

1. Nothing against Warners. In fact, I was contemplating that they'd pick up DiC, Merv Griffin Enterprises and a few more anime properties like DBZ and Sailor Moon pretty soon. Maybe Namco or Time Inc too.
2. Yup, hypocrisy to the max.
3. I'm afraid so.
I support Warner acquiring Merv Griffin enterprises , and anime such as DBZ and Sailor Moon and Namco. Warner has already has a decent animation/ children properties division and since dic has such a great children's programing library part of I feel that it should go to something with a smaller children's division like the Metromedia, Carolco, or Grand Diamond. On the over hand Warner bought the family channel and buying Dic/Saban would help Warner Family Commptin. Then again if Dic Saban buyout someone other then Warner Dic Saban can still put thier programs on Warner Family and I like the idea of atleast one major animation studio not being own by the same compan as a tv channel and putting all theier programing on that channel.

Will you be covering the 1991 soviet august coup and the berlin wall taken. I hope Bundy will be out the door be the berlin wall so he can't take credit for ending the cold war. Wil
Bundy's victory in '88 is being investigated by Mueller.

Yeah. I've got something to say. How did people react to Hanna-Barbera collaborating with Ruby-Spears to bring Tom and Jerry Kids to life? I mean, didn't Ruby and Spears use to work for Bill and Joe?
Joe Ruby and Ken Spears did indeed work for HB before starting their own studio. Critics basically clamored for more collaborations.

Bundy's victory in '88 is being investigated by Mueller.

Joe Ruby and Ken Spears did indeed work for HB before starting their own studio. Critics basically clamored for more collaborations.
While you be covering the soviet 1991 augsut or will ingore it because things turn out like they did otl. If you cover it will the coup succesed lead to a few years of hardline communist rule that cause the soviet eccomny to take leading to bloodly soviet cival war that result in any even more ravaged and and balkanized sovite union. I like of modern russia being borken into at least 8 states includeing a commnist rump state a puntinst regine a russian orthodox theocary a new rusain tsar dom an indpent chensyna and several pro american indpenet states. Alternatly the august coup could be butterlied and gobhrove passes his new soviet consiton based on western style liberal democary and increased autunony for the federal states

Entertainment News for January 1991
SECOND CHANCE MIRACLE!
Scott Norwood missed a field goal wide right in the closing seconds of Super Bowl XV (at Tampa Stadium). However, a penalty was called against the New York Giants for having twelve men. That gave Norwood a second chance on which he capitalized to win the game and the championship for the Buffalo Bills by the score of 22-20.
- USA Today

FART makes another stink when Donnie Wahlberg of New Kids on the Block was seen wearing a "Bundy Sucks" T-shirt during the Super Bowl halftime show.
- The Boston Globe

Sales of the Atari Wildcat see the console finish 1990 in second place behind the Sega Genesis.
- GamePro

Jim Carrey receives rave reviews for his performance as a maniacal President Bundy freaking out over the Mueller Probe on In Living Color.
- TV Guide

FART makes another stink when Donnie Wahlberg of New Kids on the Block was seen wearing a "Bundy Sucks" T-shirt during the Super Bowl halftime show.
- The Boston Globe
Their hypocrisy continues.

I'm not surprised if their silence on John K.'s new cartoon while their criticisms of people against actual immoral people like Bundy and Gotti will immediately invalidate them even among conservatives.

- The Boston Globe

Sales of the Atari Wildcat see the console finish 1990 in second place behind the Sega Genesis.
- GamePro

Jim Carrey receives rave reviews for his performance as a maniacal President Bundy freaking out over the Mueller Probe on In Living Color.
- TV Guide
1: I'm afraid I'll have to piggyback off of @Denliner's response to this, because I can't add to that.
2: Well, chances are that the Wildcat's a newer system than the Genesis, so that feels more excusable. Heck, it gives Nintendo an even bigger need to push forward in graphical power, as even Disney is topping them in the sales.
3: For the record, I agree with the reviewers.

January/February 1991 Movies
White Fang
343994e8238700bdf109a81d421e2797.jpg

Released by Walt Disney Pictures

King Ralph
hHDhf8ACrGYDv-xpv73TBf08OlTp0kOBrz00KxQulys3YHFJS9V8M0Sbdu_WuGGvfhrnE7IodsFYkwSTqCVpgdA8-R-9jmHsMjAbHr96IOTFb5jxxQ=w720-h405-rw

Released by Universal Pictures

Meet the Applegates
Meet-the-Applegates-Michael-Lehmann-Talkhouse-Film.jpg

Released by Grand Diamond.
Applegates was produced in 1989, but the studio's financial difficulties held up the release till '91.

Nothing But Trouble
DTx84FHWsAEelJz.jpg

Released by Warner Bros.

Silence of the Lambs
silence-of-the-lambs.jpg

Released by New Line Cinema​