As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

PNWKing

Banned
If Roger Corman is interested in expanding into television, I know exactly the people to hire: Marcy Carsey and Tom Werner. IOTL, they founded Carsey-Werner Productions, which produced such shows as The Cosby Show, 3rd Rock from The Sun, Roseanne, and That Seventies Show.

I wonder though if a more "polished" variant of the prototype TriStar logo I made a few pages back will be used as the opening logo for at least Catfish Bend.

I think by the time Catfish is in post-production, TriStar would already have the Pegasus ready.

It will be

Still stumped on who should actually play Cap. Gotta be someone than can pull off the weakling Steve Rogers at the beginning since the story is basically the origins of the character.

Does anyone like the idea of buckaroo banzai getting a sequel

If we can find a way to make the first one better....

Oldnavy got any plans for Racheal Stone beside making steve univese before Rebbeca Sugar. I like the idea of creating 12 forever instead of that pedophile Julia Vickerman.

I think by the time Catfish is in post-production, TriStar would already have the Pegasus ready.

Still stumped on who should actually play Cap. Gotta be someone than can pull off the weakling Steve Rogers at the beginning since the story is basically the origins of the character.

If we can find a way to make the first one better....
Buckaroo banzi had it fans. However I most confess i neaver saw the film

Oldnavy got any plans for Racheal Stone beside making steve univese before Rebbeca Sugar. I like the idea of creating 12 forever instead of that pedophile Julia Vickerman.

Buckaroo banzi had it fans. However I most confess i neaver saw the film

Rachel will still be part of this TL. Right now, she's transferring from the University of Maryland to Evergreen State College.

I haven't seen Buckaroo Banzai either, I must confess.

Rachel will still be part of this TL. Right now, she's transferring from the University of Maryland to Evergreen State College.

I haven't seen Buckaroo Banzai either, I must confess.i
I have ony watch two episodes of the show but it seamed like it was a good show. It is unforanate that the show's creator was a female john K. That why I am suggesting that racheal stone take Julia vickerman place as creator of 12 forever like she took rebbeca sugars place as creator of Steven Universe . Hopely with racheal stone 12 forever will last longer then one season like it did otl. Racheal stone verison of 12 forever probably won't come out untill 2007 at the earliers. The only way I can see racheal stone wokring on 12 forever earlier is if you butterfly her inventing steven universe in 1999.

Very quickly, here is the prototype Fox Video logo seen on-screen in a few of the 1980-Early 1981 Fox tapes such as the M*A*S*H movie and The World's Greatest Lover.
It would basically have the words "Home Video" zoom out and plaster onto the Fox structure in the same manner as the 20th Television logo of this time period.
DMr5ywW.png

20th Century-Fox Home Video Prototype Logo
Seen on Fox tapes printed by the Walt Disney Telecommunications and Non Theatrical Company​

The Great Muppet Caper (1981 Film)
The Great Muppet Caper
thegreatmuppetcJPEG.jpg

Released on June 26, 1981

Production Company
Henson Associates

Distributor
Touchstone Pictures

Directed by
Jim Henson

Music by
Joe Raposo

Live Action Cast
Diana Rigg as Lady Holiday, a famous British fashion designer who has been the victim of a jewel heist.
Charles Grodin as Nicky Holiday, Lady Holiday's brother. Although he falls in love with Miss Piggy, he commits jewel heists on his sister assisted by three of her fashion models, Carla, Darla, and Marla.
Erica Creer as Marla
Kate Howard as Carla
Della Finch as Darla

Muppet Performers
Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Rowlf the Dog, Dr. Teeth, Waldorf, the Swedish Chef, The Muppet Newsman
Frank Oz as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Animal, Sam Eagle
Jerry Nelson as Floyd Pepper, Pops, Lew Zealand, Louis Kazagger
Richard Hunt as Scooter, Statler, Sweetums, Janice, Beaker
Dave Goelz as The Great Gonzo, Beauregard, Zoot, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew
Steve Whitmire as Rizzo the Rat, Lips
Louise Gold as Annie Sue and Lou
Kathryn Mullen as Gaffer the Cat
Caroll Spinney as Oscar the Grouch

Celebrity Cameos
John Cleese as Neville, a somewhat indifferent but kind mannered middle-aged rich British homeowner.
Joan Sanderson as Dorcas, Neville's apathetic and somewhat dull mannered wife.
Jack Warden as Mike Tarkenian, the editor-in-chief of The Daily Chronicle.
Peter Falk as Tramp (uncredited).
Robert Morley as a British Gentleman by Pond.
Peter Ustinov as a truck driver, who has his truck stolen by Miss Piggy.
Jim Henson as a guest in a restaurant.
Frank Oz as a Chronicle reporter.
Michael Robbins as Henderson, the Mallory Gallery's security guard.
Peter Hughes as Stanley, a Maitre D' at the Dubonnet Club.
Peggy Aitchison as a guard at the prison where Miss Piggy is detained.
Tommy Godfrey as a bus conductor.
Richard Hunt as a cab driver.
Jerry Nelson as a man in a park.​

The Great Muppet Caper
thegreatmuppetcJPEG.jpg

Released on June 26, 1981

Production Company
Henson Associates

Distributor
Touchstone Pictures

Directed by
Jim Henson

Music by
Joe Raposo

Live Action Cast
Diana Rigg as Lady Holiday, a famous British fashion designer who has been the victim of a jewel heist.
Charles Grodin as Nicky Holiday, Lady Holiday's brother. Although he falls in love with Miss Piggy, he commits jewel heists on his sister assisted by three of her fashion models, Carla, Darla, and Marla.
Erica Creer as Marla
Kate Howard as Carla
Della Finch as Darla

Muppet Performers
Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Rowlf the Dog, Dr. Teeth, Waldorf, the Swedish Chef, The Muppet Newsman
Frank Oz as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Animal, Sam Eagle
Jerry Nelson as Floyd Pepper, Pops, Lew Zealand, Louis Kazagger
Richard Hunt as Scooter, Statler, Sweetums, Janice, Beaker
Dave Goelz as The Great Gonzo, Beauregard, Zoot, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew
Steve Whitmire as Rizzo the Rat, Lips
Louise Gold as Annie Sue and Lou
Kathryn Mullen as Gaffer the Cat
Caroll Spinney as Oscar the Grouch

Celebrity Cameos
John Cleese as Neville, a somewhat indifferent but kind mannered middle-aged rich British homeowner.
Joan Sanderson as Dorcas, Neville's apathetic and somewhat dull mannered wife.
Jack Warden as Mike Tarkenian, the editor-in-chief of The Daily Chronicle.
Peter Falk as Tramp (uncredited).
Robert Morley as a British Gentleman by Pond.
Peter Ustinov as a truck driver, who has his truck stolen by Miss Piggy.
Jim Henson as a guest in a restaurant.
Frank Oz as a Chronicle reporter.
Michael Robbins as Henderson, the Mallory Gallery's security guard.
Peter Hughes as Stanley, a Maitre D' at the Dubonnet Club.
Peggy Aitchison as a guard at the prison where Miss Piggy is detained.
Tommy Godfrey as a bus conductor.
Richard Hunt as a cab driver.
Jerry Nelson as a man in a park.​
Looking good so far.

Also, wanna take notes from this?: https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...etely-different-super-mario-franchise.497123/

PNWKing

Banned
Could John DeLorean buy the General Motors Youngstown factory in Youngstown, Ohio. That would be a chance for DeLorean to have a factory with real build quality, which would help DeLorean as a company.

Enter Orion
July 1, 1981

A new challenger enters the royal rumble of Hollywood.

Berkshire-Hathaway chairman Warren Buffett oversees the leveraged buyout of 80% of the assets of Filmation Associates and DePatie-Freleng Enterprises, merging the two struggling animation studios together to form the Orion Pictures studio.

Turner Broadcasting System purchased the Pink Panther shorts produced by DePatie-Freleng. And in turn, the money paid by Turner for that transaction helped Buffett cover the costs of rebranding the newly merged Orion company.

It is unclear if the Filmation triumvirate of Lou Scheimer, Norm Prescott and Hal Sutherland would stay on to head Orion, or if they would instead be succeeded by the toy advertising duo of Joe Bacal and Tom Griffin.

robocop-orion.png

@PNWKing

Current North American automakers and marques as of 1981...

American Motors
AMC
Jeep
Eagle

Chrylser Corporation
Chrylser
Plymouth
Dodge

Ford Motor Company
Ford
Lincoln
Mercury