As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

True. But keep in mind that the AFRTV group is mainly made up of people with little to no knowledge of animation.

Basically idiots who don't care for any other people opinions and loves hearing themselves talk like morons.

That, and also the people that tried to get Married with Children and Beavis and Butthead cancelled IOTL.

They're also lazy morons who want to be able to have the television babysit their children.

Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981 Film)
Raiders of the Lost Ark
screenshot-103.jpg

Tom Selleck as Henry Jones, Jr. aka Indy

Released on
June 12, 1981

Production Companies
20th Century-Fox
Lucasfilm, Ltd.
Amblin Entertainment

Distributor
Buena Vista Distribution Co, Inc.

Directed by
Steven Spielberg

Executive Producers
George Lucas
Frank Marshall

Screenplay by
Lawrence Kasdan

Music by
John Williams

Select Cast
Tom Selleck as Indiana Jones
Karen Allen as Marion Ravenwood
Paul Freeman as Rene Belloq
John Rhys-Davies as Sallah
Denholm Elliott as Marcus Brody
Ronald Lacey as Major Arnold Toht
Wolf Kahler as Colonel Dietrich
Alfred Molina as Satipo​

Last edited:
Reaction to Raiders of the Lost Ark
Selleck excels as Indy.
- The Denver Post

A daredevil who hates snakes? That is definitely worth lining up nine hours to see.
- The St. Louis Post Dispatch

Would the role of Indy have been played the same had they cast Harrison Ford?
- The Chicago Tribune

Can't go wrong with the music of John Williams.
- The Minneapolis Star Tribune

I hope that Racheal Stone universe earlier then Rebbeca Sugar did otl. Do anyone like the steven universe permiier a few years earlier then in the orignall american magic say around 1995. Speaking of Rachea Stone there is another cartoon that I think would perfect project for create ealier then it was created otl, 12 Forever. The good thing about having Racheal stone create 12 forever is we don't have to worry about being canccelled after one season despite rave reviews because of the Julia Vickerman scanddle

PNWKing

Banned
Will Ruby-Spears get acquired and if so by who: Westinghouse, Metromedia, Time, Turner, Viacom, CBS, Gulf & Western, or Corman.

Will Ruby-Spears get acquired and if so by who: Westinghouse, Metromedia, Time, Turner, Viacom, CBS, Gulf & Western, or Corman.
I would go with corman,. Normally I believe in differentiating American magic 2.0 form the onrial american magic and otl but the corman ruby spears purchase is one thing i support carrying oer form otl. I also support having mighty the armadill as sega massot like he was in the orignal american magic. I

One question, will the Super Mario series be different if an actual Super Mario Bros. 2 (which wasn't the Lost Levels (the Japanese SMB2 IOTL) nor a reskinned Doki Doki Panic (the American SMB2 IOTL)) gets made?

PNWKing

Banned
There is an old comic book character called Modesty Blaise. I feel like Corman should buy the rights to Modesty Blaise.

PNWKing

Banned
Harrison Ford needs a breakout role, considering we've taken Han Solo and Indy away from him. Either Willie Gavin in Modesty Blaise (if that gets made) or Nick Fury in Captain America.

Harrison Ford needs a breakout role, considering we've taken Han Solo and Indy away from him. Either Willie Gavin in Modesty Blaise (if that gets made) or Nick Fury in Captain America.
We could retcon Alien and have his breakout role be Captain Dallas.

@PNWKing

Could be Michael Biehn unless there's someone younger or better for the part.

Questions submitted by @Mitch!

For one thing, there’s the planned creation of Orion Pictures Corporation as an animation house, following a merger of Filmation, DePatie-Freleng, and Murakami-Wolf-Swenson. What is the reason for this studio receiving the Orion name, and will it remain independent or be bought out?

At the last minute, MWS dropped out, leaving Filmation and DePatie-Freleng to be part of the Orion studio. Both will be merged together in a leveraged buyout by the Berkshire-Hathaway conglomerate.

Then, there’s the scheduling conflict regarding Magnum, P.I. and Raiders of the Lost Ark, which could determine the future careers of Tom Selleck and Harrison Ford. Depending on how this is resolved, will Ford be able to portray Thomas Magnum, should Selleck receive the role of Indy?

Selleck now plays both Indy and Magnum.

There’s also the rise of the Americans for Responsible Television in the public eye, after several members of ART demanded Fox censor scenes from their anime dubs. Does this confirm, with or without Ronald Reagan in the White House, that the “Religious Right” has come to America?

Reagan IS the head of ART, making the former actor the biggest thorn on the SCAA's side.

After that is the latest excerpt from Daniel Abbott’s biography, which covers his recent decision to leave Filmation, and all that surrounded it. As it turns out, the excerpt ended with a phone call between Abbott and Richard Williams. Is Abbott about to appear in The Thief and the Cobbler?

The Thief and the Cobbler was put on hold after the Danjaq/Williams partnership fizzled.

Abbott is currently working incognito at Hanna-Barbera to help the FBI's surveillance of John K.

Finally, on a lesser note, there’s the revelation that John Belushi has been “135 days sober and counting” as of his long-awaited return to Saturday Night Live on NBC. Which of Belushi’s post-rehab sketches have gone on to be highlights of his comedic repertoire since their debut?

Belushi played Zack Dillinger in a sketch spoofing the formation of the SCAA's Cartoon Czar office. Also in that same sketch, Mary Gross plays Margaret Loesch.

First Day at a New Job
hannaBarbera_JessicaH.jpg

June 15, 1981
Hanna-Barbera Headquarters
Los Angeles, California

Inside a van parked two blocks away...

AGENT HILL (FBI):
(Brooklyn accent)

"Now remember Danny, your new name is Trevor Strong, you're from Sydney and a newcomer in the cartoon business. You don't need to do anything else except act natural, talk natural and draw natural. BUT, you gotta get that dirty Canuck motherfucker to talk."

DANIEL ABBOTT (alias TREVOR STRONG)
(Faux-Australian voice)

"I'll get him to sing!"

AGENT HILL
"That's the spirit! Now let's kick some ass!"​

PNWKing

Banned
I wonder though if a more "polished" variant of the prototype TriStar logo I made a few pages back will be used as the opening logo for at least Catfish Bend.