As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Or Hong Kong Disneyland. From what I can tell that theme park was a dud second only to EuroDisney. And it was immediately undercut by Shanghai Disneyland.

EuroDisney, Hong Kong Disneyland, and California. All three missed the mark to some extent. EuroDisney was so bad that so many projects were abandoned because of the financial burden it caused.
Well EuroDisneyland would have happened even before the POD I proposed. It opened in 1992.

Kimba the White Lion (1976 Dub)
Kimba the White Lion
8cfcdc279375b20335f3acb207784193.jpg

Produced by Eiichi Yamamoto.

Based on the characters created by Osamu Teszuka.

Production Companies
Mushi Productions
Grantray-Lawrence (English Dub)
20th Century-Fox Television (English Dub)

Distributor
Buena Vista Television

Originally aired in Japan in 1965 and 1966.

English version aired in the United States on the night of December 9, 1976 on SBC.

English Voices
Robbie Rist as Kimba
Don Messick as Pauley Cracker
Paul Winchell as Bucky
Helen Hunt as Kitty/Laiya
Jackson Beck as Mr. Pompous/Dr. Mustache
Paul Lynde as Viper Snakely

If there are any characters I am missing, please let me know.

Production Companies
Mushi Productions
Grantray-Lawrence (English Dub)
20th Century-Fox Television (English Dub)

Distributor
Buena Vista Television

English version aired in the United States on the night of December 9, 1976 on SBC.​
So, we have not one, but two divisions of Disney delving into Japanese anime dubs, the anime was both popular and available, and it aired on a network that would treat the stuff with respect.

I just have a multi-part question about this. How successful was it, and what timeslot did it get on SBC?

So, we have not one, but two divisions of Disney delving into Japanese anime dubs, the anime was both popular and available, and it aired on a network that would treat the stuff with respect.

I just have a multi-part question about this. How successful was it, and what timeslot did it get on SBC?

It was a modest success at best. SBC gave it an 8pm timeslot. ABC, CBS and NBC are not really anime friendly at the moment ITTL.

Grantray-Lawrence probably did the actual dubbing while 20th Century-Fox Television did the American distribution.

It was a modest success at best. SBC gave it an 8pm timeslot. ABC, CBS and NBC are not really anime friendly at the moment ITTL.
Well, for a first attempt, it's something. Let's go through the positives:
-8 P.M. is either when primetime television starts or when it gets more viewers.
-SBC actually allowed the show to be aired on broadcast television compared to the other three networks.
-It was a success. Sure, it wasn't groundbreaking, but it was a success nonetheless.