As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Can we butterfly the terbalie 1977 Billy Jack Goes to Washington goes in favor of an ealirer start of the return of billy. The return of bily jack was an unfhished 1985 billy jack. The only know details was that Billy jack was fighting child prographers in new york city. The movie was unfhished because tom laughling got injured so bad that by the time he got of the hositple the money was all gone

Is there a chance Disney will help create G.I. Joe and Transformers ITTL? I remember inadvertently suggesting the idea at one point due to Marvel's involvement in the toylines and cartoons.

Hmmm....how much did Marvel really contribute to the mythos of those toylines IOTL? It's pretty tempting actually.
Oh they contributed quite a lot to the mythos.

Wikipedia said:
"A Real American Hero" was brought about as a revival of the original 12 in (30 cm) G.I. Joe brand of the 1960s and 1970s. After the 12" figure had been absent from toy shelves for a few years, G.I. Joe was re-introduced in a 3 3⁄4 in (9.52 cm) action figure format following the success of the Star Wars and Micronauts 33⁄4" scale toylines.

The genesis of the toy line came about from a chance meeting in a men's room. According to Jim Shooter, then editor-in-chief of Marvel Comics:

The President or CEO of Hasbro was at a charity event that Marvel’s President was also at. They ended up in the men’s room, standing next to each other peeing, and I think that’s how they met. They were talking about each other’s respective businesses, and it came up that Hasbro wanted to reactivate the trademark on G.I. Joe, but they were trying to come up with a new approach. [Marvel’s guy] was like ‘We have the best creative people in the world! Let me bring in this Editor-in-Chief of mine and we’ll fix it for you!
Wikipeida said:
Hasbro had a business relationship with Marvel Comics, which had successfully produced the Hasbro tie-in comic book G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, based on the Hasbro action figure. Marvel was approached once again to provide a backstory for the new toy line. Marvel editor-in-chief Jim Shooter and writer Dennis O'Neil created an overall story, and editor Bob Budiansky was brought in to create names and profiles for the characters.

Oh they contributed quite a lot to the mythos.

Ok. But if Marvel does partner with Hasbro ITTL, you'll likely see this logo at the end of each episode.
ndgSRkp.png

But that's only the first of two logos that'll close each episode of GI Joe, Transformers, etc. The second will be either one of these, which will be determined by user vote.
maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Ok. But if Marvel does partner with Hasbro ITTL, you'll likely see this logo at the end of each episode.
ndgSRkp.png

But that's only the first of two logos that'll close each episode of GI Joe, Transformers, etc. The second will be either one of these, which will be determined by user vote.
maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
I vote marvel then 20th television Fox then Walt Disney television

maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
Call me crazy, but I actually want to see Walt Disney Television become the logo of choice. I mean, can you see Transformers become a staple of The Disney Afternoon?

Entertainment News for January 1977
Disney Communications' film unit closes out 1976 on a Freak Streak!
- The Hollywood Reporter's headline concerning the sleeper success of Freaky Friday and Silver Streak.

Raiders triumph over Vikings in the first of what AFL co-founder Lamar Hunt calls the "Super Bowl."
- Sports Illustrated

One sticking point in William Gaines's struggle to attract buyers for Entertaining Quality Comics had been the condition that Gaines would continue to oversee MAD Magazine without corporate interference. That may finally change as a sale to either Gulf+Western or Warner Communications is imminent.
- The New York Times

Just a couple of years ago, Desilu CEO Lucille Ball bought the intellectual property rights to the name and trademark of RKO Radio Pictures, the once-major studio for which she was a contract player before finding greater success on television. All that is still missing is a leader to actually run the newly reborn RKO studio. On Lucy's short list are Barry Diller (Paramount), Frank Price (Universal), Peter Guber (Columbia), Alan Ladd, Jr. (Fox), Daniel Melnick (MGM), David Picker (Paramount), Frank Mancuso (Paramount), and Frank Wells (Warner Bros).
- Variety

Nelvana acquires the screen rights to the Catfish Bend series written by Ben Lucien Burman. Wolfgang Reitherman, head of feature production for Nelvana had previously attempted to option the book series during the later years of his tenure at Disney.
- The Toronto Star

United Artists, Columbia and Paramount express interest in North American distribution for a proposed Richard Williams adaptation of The Chronicles of Narnia. The first installment is slated for a Christmas 1980 release.
- The Hollywood Reporter

And now, for your general amusement, the best (or worst) of Mad Magazine's spoofs of TTL.

The Misadventures of Dim-Dim
June 1960
A spoof of Famous Studios' 1959 import of Belvision's Tin-Tin series.
Artist: Al Jaffee
Writer: Larry Siegel

Asterisk
June 1969
A spoof of the 1967 film Asterix the Gaul, which was imported to North America by AVCO Embassy and Bob Clampett
Artist: Jack Davis
Writer: Dick DeBartolo

Malice in Blunderland
April 1970
A spoof of Walt Disney's 1969 version of Alice in Wonderland. Features panels commenting on the excessive pantyshots and cameos by "moral police" critics questioning the use of psychedelic imagery in a supposedly "kids" movie.
Writer: Stan Hart

Errant Epiphany
March 1970
A spoof of Jay Ward's Karen Sympathy series.
Writer: Lou Silverstone

Rancid and Dreadful
April 1972
A spoof of Disney's Hansel and Gretel.
Artist: Mort Drucker
Writer: Dick DeBartolo

Raunchy Dreck
July 1975
A spoof of the "Infamous" Studios' Nancy Drew series. Featured in the splash page are "Falter Dunce" and "Wolf Blacksheep" talking directly to the reader in the opening blurb.
Artist: Angelo Torres
Writer: Arnie Kogen

I almost forgot, Nessie is coming up.

If it does well, would be quite good to put Toho to do more collaborations that might help them move away from the cheap Godzilla B-movies of the 70's especially with the large budget they have with this film, they'll likely give Star Wars a run for their money visual effects wise.

Hopefully a Nessie series afterwards :)

Does anyone like idea of a failed movie otl doing better otl. I know a movie 1979 bomb with a great premise and soundtrack but it suffered form a low budget mostly poor casting choices (Harvey koreman was a good choice for the rule of a drug addicted wash-outed celebrity turned telethon host) and first time director. The movie was called Americathon. It was about a bankrupt future America trying use a telethon to raise money to prevent a major corporation form foreclosing on the country. . If you are intrigued Old navy follow this link for more details. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americathon.

Disney Communications' film unit closes out 1976 on a Freak Streak!
- The Hollywood Reporter's headline concerning the sleeper success of Freaky Friday and Silver Streak.

Raiders triumph over Vikings in the first of what AFL co-founder Lamar Hunt calls the "Super Bowl."
- Sports Illustrated

One sticking point in William Gaines's struggle to attract buyers for Entertaining Quality Comics had been the condition that Gaines would continue to oversee MAD Magazine without corporate interference. That may finally change as a sale to either Gulf+Western or Warner Communications is imminent.
- The New York Times

Just a couple of years ago, Desilu CEO Lucille Ball bought the intellectual property rights to the name and trademark of RKO Radio Pictures, the once-major studio for which she was a contract player before finding greater success on television. All that is still missing is a leader to actually run the newly reborn RKO studio. On Lucy's short list are Barry Diller (Paramount), Frank Price (Universal), Peter Guber (Columbia), Alan Ladd, Jr. (Fox), Daniel Melnick (MGM), David Picker (Paramount), Frank Mancuso (Paramount), and Frank Wells (Warner Bros).
- Variety

Nelvana acquires the screen rights to the Catfish Bend series written by Ben Lucien Burman. Wolfgang Reitherman, head of feature production for Nelvana had previously attempted to option the book series during the later years of his tenure at Disney.
- The Toronto Star

United Artists, Columbia and Paramount express interest in North American distribution for a proposed Richard Williams adaptation of The Chronicles of Narnia. The first installment is slated for a Christmas 1980 release.
- The Hollywood Reporter
And if Disney wants to pair the two for drive-ins, calling it a "Freak Streak" would be the best name for it.

It honestly depends on who owns DC Comics, because if you ask me, pairing MAD with DC is such a natural fit that it would be crazy to be with any other publisher.

I'd pick Ladd Jr. to run RKO. I mean, now that Fox is a division of Disney, we have a Jr. in the high ranks already, making his tenure at Fox seem useless.

I have no idea what Catfish Bend is, but if it's a series, it could make a lot of money for an upstart like Nelvana.

I would go with Columbia for Narnia. The rhyme was not intentional.

Does anyone like idea of a failed movie otl doing better otl. I know a movie 1979 bomb with a great premise and soundtrack but it suffered form a low budget mostly poor casting choices (Harvey koreman was a good choice for the rule of a drug addicted wash-outed celebrity turned telethon host) and first time director. The movie was called Americathon. It was about a bankrupt future America trying use a telethon to raise money to prevent a major corporation form foreclosing on the country. . If you are intrigued Old navy follow this link for more details. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americathon.
Well maybe some box office bombs can be more Successful in places like England and Australia and Canada.

CBS
Columbia Pictures
DC Comics

Desilu
RKO Radio Pictures

Disney Communications
Walt Disney Pictures
20th Century-Fox
Marvel Comics
Harvey Comics (Previously sold to Fox in 1970-71; Likely to be spun off or absorbed into Marvel)

Gulf+Western
Paramount Pictures
Sega
Simon and Schuster

Helmsley Leisure
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
MGM Records

Metromedia
Standard Broadcasting Company (50%; Co-owned with Westinghouse)

MCA
Universal Pictures
Famous Studios
Decca Records (American branch)

RCA
National Broadcasting Company

Taft Broadcasting
Hanna-Barbera
Kings Entertainment Company
- Kings Island
- Kings Dominion

Time-Life, Inc.
Home Box Office (HBO)

Turner Broadcasting
United Artists
Superstation WTBS
Pre-1948 Warner Bros. library
Atlanta Braves (MLB team)

Viacom
Showtime (Launching in 1976)

Warner Communications
Warner Bros.
Motown Records

Independent
American International Pictures (AIP)
Atari, Inc.
Avery-Clampett
Bagdasarian Productions
Broadway Video
Charlton Comics
Clokey Productions
DePatie-Freleng Enterprises
Entertaining Quality Comics
Filmways
Fawcett Publications
Heatter-Quigley
Hemdale Film Corporation
Henson Associates
Jay Ward Productions
Lorimar
Merv Griffin Enterprises
Nelvana
New Line Cinema
New World Pictures
Ruby-Spears
Murakami-Wolf-Swenson
I should have mentionthis but There are a few frims that I feel that should be mentioned. For starter we should mention Embassy pictures. We should also mention rankin bass , and newline cinema. We may or may not add mongram/allied artist to the list but they are going go out of business in 1979 unless butterfly chage it