As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Any thought before we move forward?

Next update will be the long-awaited launch of the Metromedia/Westinghouse network.
I feel that the network needs a better name the metromeda westinghous network. It is two long and award . I would sugest Zentith Broadcasting Network, Standard Broadcasting System Hollywood united Broadcasting. Consolidated TV Network Ace Broadcasting Network Primetime TV Network, Metronnet, Genalb Broadcasing Network, A+ Telvsion Progesive TV newortw. Federal Broadcasting sysytme almaget broading s Apex Broadcasitng sysmte and Ultra Broadcasting sytme

Any idea what years the following animated Disney films are being released up until '79?

One for sure is Beauty and the Beast for 1975. However, that project is starting to go off the rails a little bit. Some of the artists couldn't resist giving Belle such a large cup size just because Dolly Parton is voicing the character.

Some of the artists couldn't resist giving Belle such a large cup size just because Dolly Parton is voicing the character.

I suspect that when we get to Snow Queen that Elsa(or whoever her name will be for this version) will somehow have the same fate.

Probably since the scenes with Alice and the fanservice shots on panties as you mentioned for this version of AiW (unless the animators did other, um, things with Alice's character design you forgot to mention) then I can imagine this being something many internet videos will be awashed with top 10 lists of most blatant fanservice moments in Disney animated films which have some side effects with the family friendly image being more questioned in future, that is if we do get PG-13 rates animated films like in the old TL.

Quite interested to see where this goes.

One for sure is Beauty and the Beast for 1975. However, that project is starting to go off the rails a little bit. Some of the artists couldn't resist giving Belle such a large cup size just because Dolly Parton is voicing the character.
Though her final design will hopefully be the same as OTL.

(Yet another reason why I thought Sandy Duncan or connie Smith was a better choice)

Then, there is the case of Ian Ledbetter’s infamous recollection, of Daniel Abbott’s dysfunctional relationship with his own father. When interviewed with an unknown source, Ian compared both of Daniel’s parents to a “[perverted] lunatic.” What were the reasons for Ian’s use of hyperbole?

@Mitch!
Ian was not exaggerating in that interview.

Ian Ledbetter in an interview with The Southern Daily Echo [1].
"Most of the abuse Daniel suffered at the hands of BOTH of his parents was BOTH sexual AND physical. Daniel's father Doug was a manipulative and controlling bastard who was extremely paranoid about Daniel straying too far from what had been the gender norms when we were kids. Even if Doug had PTSD from his years in the Royal Air Force, that's no excuse for giving Daniel a bunch of Penthouse magazines at age ten just because you're scared he'll become a 'poof.' And while we're at it, PTSD is no excuse for bludgeoning Daniel's face just because you didn't want him to be an artist. Doug and Olivia [Daniel's mother] did a lot of other things to Daniel that would probably be too graphic for you to print, so I'll just leave it at that."

[1] The daily newspaper in Southampton, England.

The Fourth Network Launches!
Special thanks to @overoceans for the name suggestion.

y6B27ji.png

September 17, 1974

After several years of planning, the Westinghouse and Metromedia joint venture was finally launched. It was the first night of programming for the new Standard Broadcasting Company (SBC). The first images presented by the new network was President Gerald Ford [1] addressing viewers from the Oval Office with a speech welcoming the new network as if it were the birth of a foreign dignitary's child. The second program was SBC chairman John Kluge ushering viewers into a new era of television, with a promise to create and cultivate content to make the network distinguish itself from the competition.

The first actual program shown by SBC was Millie the Model, a primetime animated series co-produced by Walt Disney Productions and Grantray-Lawrence. Based on a comic book Marvel created during their Timely days, Millie the Model stars Ann Jillian as the voice of the titular character. Supervising the animation was Marc Davis, whose experience with female protagonists in the Disney animated films of the 1950's proved critical to Millie's translation into the small screen.

In the coming months, SBC would present Jim Henson's television pilot Sex and Violence. To kick off its Saturday Morning offerings, SBC would present The Wacky World of Tex Avery, which would serve as an anthology series for characters like Kwicky Koala.

Also in the coming months, SBC would also take a chance on the American Basketball Association, the World Hockey Association and World Football League in hopes of using these rebel leagues as stepping stones towards one day acquiring the rights to bigger events.

As we speak, SBC is ordering a Star Trek: Phase Two pilot from Gene Roddenberry and Desilu.

Also, SBC hopes to open up a timeslot for Walt Disney's weekly anthology series, which is currently airing on NBC under the Wonderful World of Disney title.

SBC O&O stations
WNYW New York
KTTV Los Angeles
WFLD Chicago
KTVU San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose
WTTG Washington, DC

[1] Yes, Nixon still resigned.​

Last edited:
Special thanks to @overoceans for the name suggestion.

September 17, 1974

After several years of planning, the Westinghouse and Metromedia joint venture was finally launched. It was the first night of programming for the new Standard Broadcasting Company (SBC). The first images presented by the new network was President Gerald Ford [1] addressing viewers from the Oval Office with a speech welcoming the new network as if it were the birth of a foreign dignitary's child. The second program was SBC chairman John Kluge ushering viewers into a new era of television, with a promise to create and cultivate content to make the network distinguish itself from the competition.

The first actual program shown by SBC was Millie the Model, a primetime animated series co-produced by Walt Disney Productions and Grantray-Lawrence. Based on a comic book Marvel created during their Timely days, Millie the Model stars Ann Jillian as the voice of the titular character. Supervising the animation was Marc Davis, whose experience with female protagonists in the Disney animated films of the 1950's proved critical to Millie's translation into the small screen.

In the coming months, SBC would present Jim Henson's television pilot Sex and Violence. To kick off its Saturday Morning offerings, SBC would present The Wacky World of Tex Avery, which would serve as an anthology series for characters like Kwicky Koala.

Also in the coming months, SBC would also take a chance on the American Basketball Association, the World Hockey Association and World Football League in hopes of using these rebel leagues as stepping stones towards one day acquiring the rights to bigger events.

As we speak, SBC is ordering a Star Trek: Phase Two pilot from Gene Roddenberry and Desilu.

Also, SBC hopes to open up a timeslot for Walt Disney's weekly anthology series, which is currently airing on NBC under the Wonderful World of Disney title.

SBC O&O stations
WNYW New York
KTTV Los Angeles
WFLD Chicago
KTVU San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose
WTTG Washington, DC

[1] Yes, Nixon still resigned.​
Wait, hold on. Let me see if I've got this straight...

You're telling me that this network houses Disney's first original animated series, which is also their first collaboration with Marvel AND their first primetime program, the pilot to The Muppet Show, a fleet of sports, the return of Tex Avery, a sequel to Star Trek, and potentially one of the longest-running shows on television of all time? All in a year's time or less?

You know, they say that it's good to have ambitions, but this makes me want to see how 20th Century Fox is holding up as of now ITTL, because it doesn't look like their OTL network will top the SBC's launch window ITTL! Not by a long shot!

Wait, hold on. Let me see if I've got this straight...

You're telling me that this network houses Disney's first original animated series, which is also their first collaboration with Marvel AND their first primetime program, the pilot to The Muppet Show, a fleet of sports, the return of Tex Avery, a sequel to Star Trek, and potentially one of the longest-running shows on television of all time? All in a year's time or less?

You know, they say that it's good to have ambitions, but this makes me want to see how 20th Century Fox is holding up as of now ITTL, because it doesn't look like their OTL network will top the SBC's launch window ITTL! Not by a long shot!

Fox isn't doing too great moneywise. In fact they're in big trouble. With Star Wars being made elsewhere, it'll take a little longer for Fox to get back on its feet if at all.