As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

What are your plans for SBC. Wil they be broadcasting some otl early fox tv network like married with chilldern and the smiposn or will they find success in a different way. I hope somebody will come up with an idea for oringal hit show for SBS

What are your plans for SBC. Wil they be broadcasting some otl early fox tv network like married with chilldern and the smiposn or will they find success in a different way. I hope somebody will come up with an idea for oringal hit show for SBS
It's still to early for either show. Both the Tracey Ullman Show (where the Simpsons first appear and Married with Children don't appear until 1987 while were still in 1974.

In the Night Kitchen (1974 Film)
In the Night Kitchen
IntheNightKitchen.jpg

Released on Thanksgiving Weekend 1974 by Warner Bros.

Directed by
Chuck Jones

Based on the book by

Maurice Sendak

Production Company
CMJ

Musical score by
Dean Elliott

Songs by
Carole King

Voices
Jackie Earle Haley as Mickey
Mel Blanc, Hal Smith and Stan Freberg as the Bakers

The film follows the graphic style of the book for the most part. However, in order for the film to receive a G rating, there were many alterations made to remove the controversial nudity from the source material. Such alterations were made without Sendak's consent and he was not made aware until the film was released.​

Island at the Top of the World
Island at the Top of the World
maxresdefault.jpg

Released by Walt Disney, Sr. on December 20, 1974

Island at the Top of the World is still pretty much the same as OTL. While Island was a more modest hit ITTL, it was unable to unseat Night Kitchen from the #1 spot at the box office.

Trivia
Just like IOTL, Island at the Top of the World was originally released in a roadshow package with Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too.

The Hyperion blimp lives on as the official Hyperion Pictures logo. The Art Deco H, which was introduced at the beginning of American Graffiti, was criticized for being too bland and dull.​

Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too (1974 Short)
Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too
MV5BMmNhMDVhMWQtZjFjMi00ZjhjLTllZjUtNjRlMDRhYzZmN2Y4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjI4MjU4MTY@._V1_.jpg

Directed by
Ray Patterson
John Lounsbery

Production Companies
Walt Disney Productions
Grantray-Lawrence

Music
Buddy Baker

Voices
Sebastian Cabot as the Narrator
Sterling Holloway as Pooh
Paul Winchell as Tigger
John Fiedler as Piglet
Hal Smith as Owl
Junius Matthews as Rabbit
Ralph Wright as Eeyore

Trivia
Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too was the first assignment for animator Ron Clements, who would go on to co-direct many Disney animated films with John Musker.​

Not gonna lie, I kind of agree that the Art Deco H feels a little bit bland. Speaking of changes from the original source, the update about In the Night Kitchen makes me want to watch the animated short by Weston Woods Studios IOTL, if only to see how adult it is.

Not gonna lie, I kind of agree that the Art Deco H feels a little bit bland. Speaking of changes from the original source, the update about In the Night Kitchen makes me want to watch the animated short by Weston Woods Studios IOTL, if only to see how adult it is.

Here you go. Starts at 21:55 of the YouTube clip below:

I'm just curious when the next theme park-related post will come up. I'm definitely looking forward to brainstorming TTL-original theme parks like in the last thread.

I'm just curious when the next theme park-related post will come up. I'm definitely looking forward to brainstorming TTL-original theme parks like in the last thread.

Right now, the oil crisis has slowed the growth of the park business across the board. Also, I wanna make sure not to oversaturate the parks like we did in the original.

Right now, the oil crisis has slowed the growth of the park business across the board. Also, I wanna make sure not to oversaturate the parks like we did in the original.

One of the flaws of the last thread was that overdid the original theme parks quite a bit. Hopefully, we'll at least be able to keep them from clustering too much this time.

We should keep track of where the major theme parks are to keep from oversaturating the market.

Last edited: