-Harrison Ford
-Alec Baldwin
-Burt Reynolds

Holly Masterson:
-Cyndi Lauper
-Madonna
-Kim Basinger
-Diane Lane
If the camerawork is advanced enough, I'd like to see both Gurzunov and Kurmovolvov be played by the same actor. With that in mind, I'd go with Arnold Schwarzenegger for both characters.

For Felix, I'd cast Alec Baldwin for the role.

And for Holly Masterson, the Bond Girl of the picture, I'm actually torn on whether I want Cyndi Lauper or Madonna more.

PNWKing

Banned
Anyway, how about casts.
Gurzunov:
-Peter Stromare
-Arnold Schwarzenegger
-Dolph Lundgren

Kurmuvolvov:
-Peter Stromare
-Arnold Schwarzenegger
-Dolph Lundgren

Felix Leitner:
-Jim Belushi
-Harrison Ford
-Alec Baldwin
-Burt Reynolds

Holly Masterson:
-Cyndi Lauper
-Madonna
-Kim Basinger
-Diane Lane

If you get around to a Ranma 1/2 dub, I was thinking about some similar changes that could be made to how I thought of Lum and Ten being siblings in Urusei Yatsura's dub.

Basically, we'd get inner dialogue from Mr Santome's Panda form which shows a side that legitimately care for Ranma's well-being.

If you get around to a Ranma 1/2 dub, I was thinking about some similar changes that could be made to how I thought of Lum and Ten being siblings in Urusei Yatsura's dub.

Basically, we'd get inner dialogue from Mr Santome's Panda form which shows a side that legitimately care for Ranma's well-being.
Honestly, I like the idea of Genma's Panda form talking through the Garfield method. In fact, could we have Ryoga's Piglet form, in addition to the other victims of the Springs of Drowned Animals and their respective forms, talk through inner monologues?

@Mitch!

For one thing, there is the contrasting difference between the popularity of Fox’s English dub of Urusei Yatsura, and the abject botch that A Dog of Flanders became for Universal. What was the reason that the latter didn’t impress critics and audiences, and the former did so almost instantly?

Diehard Anime aficionados pointed out that Nello was killed off in the original Japanese version and that Universal cobbled episodes together from recycled shots to keep Nello alive for a second season.

After that is the reveal that Lauren Tom made her television debut by voicing Lum, even though her actual debut was in two episodes of The Facts of Life that aired in 1982. Who replaced her as Miko Wakamatsu on that show, and if no one did, how did the cast respond to her work as Lum?

That was a mistake on my part.

There’s also the suggestion that Metromedia, the company that became Revolution Studios in the original American Magic, could buy, among other things, New Line Cinema. Based on how they ran DIC, Saban, and Goldwyn, is Metromedia capable of helping to improve New Line’s legacy?

IOTL, before New Line made the first Nightmare On Elm Street, they didn't have much of a legacy outside of the Jon Waters films they distributed. That should change later on ITTL.

Finally, on a lesser note, there’s the theatrical release of The Thief and the Cobbler by Paramount and Richard Williams Animation. Which scenes, from the Miramax and “Recobbled” cuts of the original movie, create this film reel, and how did critics and audiences respond to the “final cut?”

The songs written ITTL by Howard Ashman really came from the Miramax Cut. The rest of the film is closer to the Recobbled. For those most part, it was the songs and the relationship between Tack and Yum-Yum that drew people in. Plus Vincent Price's performance as ZigZag.

Honestly, I like the idea of Genma's Panda form talking through the Garfield method. In fact, could we have Ryoga's Piglet form, in addition to the other victims of the Springs of Drowned Animals and their respective forms, talk through inner monologues?
Yeah. Though in Genma's case, it was mostly to make him show concern for Ranma, and make him more likable.

June 1983 Movies
Red Sun Rising
PierceBrosnanRemingtonSteele.jpg

Released on June 17, 1983

Production Companies
United Artists
EON Productions

Distributor
Turner Pictures Worldwide

Executive Producer
Albert R. Broccoli

Directed by
Michael G. Wilson

Based on the characters created by
Ian Fleming

Music by
John Barry

Plot (special thanks to @PNWKing)
Bond does Bond things in East Berlin. While he's there, he gets into conflict with Soviet general Boris Gurzunov. Gurzunov reveals that his plan is to abduct the Soviet premier, Basil Kurmuvolov. So, Bond is Bonding it up. Then Bond meets with Felix Leitner. Felix introduces him to Holly Masterson. Masterson does the typical Bond girl act. Eventually, Bond alerts the Soviet premier of Gurzunov's plan.

Notes:
With Bond now played by Pierce Brosnan (above), the titular role of Remington Steele is instead played by Liam Neeson.

Select Cast
Pierce Brosnan as James Bond 007
Arnold Schwarzenegger as Gurzunov
Miles O'Keeffe as Kurmovolvov
Cyndi Lauper as Holly Masterson
Dennis Hopper as Felix Leiter

Monty Python's the Meaning of Life
maxresdefault.jpg

Released on June 24, 1983

Production Companies
Python (Monty) Pictures, Ltd.
Hyperion Pictures

Distributor
Buena Vista Distribution Co., Inc. (North America)
United International Pictures (UK and EU)
Village Roadshow Pictures (Australia and New Zealand)
Golden Harvest (Hong Kong)

Directed by
Terry Jones

Written and performed by
Terry Jones
Graham Chapman
John Cleese
Eric Idle
Michael Palin
Terry Gilliam
Carole Cleveland
Neil Innes​

Last edited:
Red Sun Rising
PierceBrosnanRemingtonSteele.jpg

Released on June 17, 1983

Production Companies
United Artists
EON Productions

Distributor
Turner Pictures Worldwide

Executive Producer
Albert R. Broccoli

Directed by
Michael G. Wilson

Based on the characters created by
Ian Fleming

Music by
John Barry

Plot (special thanks to @PNWKing)
Bond does Bond things in East Berlin. While he's there, he gets into conflict with Soviet general Boris Gurzunov. Gurzunov reveals that his plan is to abduct the Soviet premier, Basil Kurmuvolov. So, Bond is Bonding it up. Then Bond meets with Felix Leitner. Felix introduces him to Holly Masterson. Masterson does the typical Bond girl act. Eventually, Bond alerts the Soviet premier of Gurzunov's plan.

Notes:
With Bond now played by Pierce Brosnan (above), the titular role of Remington Steele is instead played by Liam Neeson.

Select Cast
Pierce Brosnan as James Bond 007
Arnold Schwarzenegger as Gurzunov
Miles O'Keeffe as Kurmovolvov
Cyndi Lauper as Holly Masterson

Monty Python's the Meaning of Life
maxresdefault.jpg

Released on June 24, 1983

Production Companies
Python (Monty) Pictures, Ltd.
Hyperion Pictures

Distributor
Buena Vista Distribution Co., Inc. (North America)
United International Pictures (UK and EU)
Village Roadshow Pictures (Australia and New Zealand)
Golden Harvest (Hong Kong)

Directed by
Terry Jones

Written and performed by
Terry Jones
Graham Chapman
John Cleese
Eric Idle
Michael Palin
Terry Gilliam
Carole Cleveland
Neil Innes​
Which one of these two performed better at the box office? And for that matter, by how much?

Red Sun Rising performed better at the Box office.

Meaning of Life was seen by critics and audiences as a weaker film compared to Life of Brian.
The better performance at the Box Office, I can understand. I mean, this IS a new James Bond picture that we're talking about!

However, being considered weaker than the predecessor? THAT is a problem that needs to be fixed!

The better performance at the Box Office, I can understand. I mean, this IS a new James Bond picture that we're talking about!

However, being considered weaker than the predecessor? THAT is a problem that needs to be fixed!

The thing is, the Pythons are pretty much moving on to solo projects.

Rock and Rule (1983 Film)
Rock and Rule
(Known as Ring of Power outside of North America)
rockrule4.jpg

Released on August 12, 1983

Production Company
Nelvana

Distributor
TriStar Pictures

Directed by
Clive A. Smith

Produced by
Patrick Loubert
Michael Hirsh

Original Music by
Patricia Cullen

Artists featured on the soundtrack album
Iggy Pop
Cheap Trick
Lou Reed
Harry and Robin Zander
Debbie Harry
Earth, Wind & Fire
Melleny Brown

The initial theatrical run for Rock and Rule was a disappointment for TriStar. However, the film would earn its cult status on both home video and premium cable.​

PNWKing

Banned
1.) Is the Nelvana/TriStar relationship on the rocks?
2.) You said that any sibling Walt, Jr. has will likely be on the autistic spectrum. I know that the systems for such a diagnosis aren't in place yet in 1983, yet I just want to know: Is Tiffany Disney on the spectrum or not?
3.) Have any other movie studios made offers to Nelvana?
4.) How did Dennis Hopper do as Felix Leitner?
5.) Has Ted Turner considered buying an animation studio yet?

1.) Is the Nelvana/TriStar relationship on the rocks?
2.) You said that any sibling Walt, Jr. has will likely be on the autistic spectrum. I know that the systems for such a diagnosis aren't in place yet in 1983, yet I just want to know: Is Tiffany Disney on the spectrum or not?
3.) Have any other movie studios made offers to Nelvana?
4.) How did Dennis Hopper do as Felix Leitner?
5.) Has Ted Turner considered buying an animation studio yet?

1) No. The failure of Rock and Rule is just a speed bump.
2) Tiffany, now 6 months old, has not yet been diagnosed.
3) Not yet. The deal Nelvana has with TriStar doesn't expire till 1988.
4) He did surprisingly well.
5) Not yet.