As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

V-J Day
August 15, 1945

The Japanese surrender, bringing World War II to an end.​

Entertainment News for Fall 1945
Jack Mercer returns to Fleischer-Terry after a brief stint serving in Europe. Harry Foster Welch had been providing Popeye's voice in Mr. Mercer's absence.
- The Miami Herald

Richard Fleischer, son of Max Fleischer, joins family business after returning from the frontlines.
- The Miami Herald

After opening his studio to our armed forces three years ago, Walt Disney will resume production on films and cartoons for civilian audiences.
- The Los Angeles Times

After the war put a stop to a proposed Aladdin film that was supposed to star Abbott and Costello, Walter Lantz sets to work on a cartoon feature based on Joel Chandler Harris's Brer Rabbit stories.
- The Los Angeles Herald-Express

Fleischer-Terry to relocate all remaining New Rochelle personnel to Miami beginning in Fall '46.
- The New York Times

RUMOR: Lillian Bounds-Disney pregnant with second child.
- The Los Angeles Examiner

RUMOR: Clampett seeking greener pastures as feud with fellow Warner staffer Jones escalates.
- The Los Angeles Examiner

Last edited:
The Friendly Ghost (1945 Cartoon)
The Friendly Ghost
Group%2Bfamily.jpg

Released on November 16, 1945

Distributor
20th Century-Fox

Production Company
Harman-Ising

Executive Producers
Hugh Harman
Rudolf Ising

Director
Otto Messmer

Music
Winston Sharples
Alfred Newman (20th Century Fox fanfare)

Story
Seymour Reit
Joe Oriolo

Animation
Ira Finkle*
Fred Jacobson*
Elmer Durham*
Theo Parrish*
Milt Andrews*

Layout
Merle Wyatt*
Ernie Holcomb*

Backgrounds
Willis Hobbs*
Irving Brooks*

Voices
Frank Gallop as the Narrator
Keith Sharpe* as Casper
June Foray as Johnny and Bonnie
Pinto Colvig as The Landlord

*Fictional artists​

Last edited:
Walt Jr is born
THE NEW ARRIVAL
Vintage-Baby-Boy-Portrait-Studio-Photograph-Black-White-_1.jpg

Walter Elias Disney, Jr.
Born June 14, 1946

Relatives
Walter Elias Disney (father; Age 44)
Lillian Bounds-Disney (mother; Age 47)
Diane Marie Disney (sister; Age 12)
Sharon Mae Disney (sister; Age 9)
Roy Oliver Disney (uncle; Turns 53 on June 24)
Edna Francis Disney (aunt)
Roy Edward Disney (cousin; Age 16)​

Clampett's Last Stand at Termite Terrace
Bob Clampett made sure to go out with a bang in his last cartoons with Warner Bros., each more zanier than the last.

Book Revue
20.jpg

Who could forget Daffy's hilarious sendup of Danny Kaye?

Baby Bottleneck
Baby_Bottleneck_1946_67_shock2.jpg

A well-timed satire of the baby boom.

The Great Piggy Bank Robbery
MV5BNjJjNjQ0MzctNzcwMi00NmMwLTg5MzUtOTUxOTY4ZmI0MWEwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDIzNDExOQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1366,1000_AL_.jpg

The classic Dick Tracy spoof starring Daffy Duck.

And last, but not least...

The Big Snooze
bigsnooze.jpg

In my opinion, Clampett saved his best for last in this one.

After Leon Schlesinger announced his retirement, Bob Clampett sensed the zaniness would soon fizzle out. After completing The Big Snooze, Clampett left Termite Terrace to pursue greener pastures.

A month or so after Big Snooze's release, Clampett resumed his cartoon career at Universal Pictures. Walter Lantz hopes Clampett can get Woody Woodpecker back on track after audiences complained of the character already starting to be toned down.​

Professional Sports as of 1946
Major League Baseball
American League

Boston Red Sox
Chicago White Sox
Cleveland Indians
Detroit Tigers
New York Yankees
Philadelphia Athletics
St. Louis Browns
Washington Senators

National League
Boston Braves
Brooklyn Dodgers
Chicago Cubs
Cincinnati Reds
New York Giants
Philadelphia Phillies
Pittsburgh Pirates
St. Louis Cardinals

National Football League
Eastern Division

Boston Shamrocks
New York Giants
Philadelphia Eagles
Pittsburgh Steelers
Washington Redskins

Western Division
Chicago Bears
Chicago Cardinals
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
Los Angeles Rams

All America Football Conference
Eastern Division

Brooklyn Dodgers
Buffalo Bills
Miami Seahawks
New York Yankees

Western Division
Chicago Rockets
Cleveland Browns
Los Angeles Dons
San Francisco 49ers

National Hockey League
Boston Bruins
Chicago Blackhawks
Detroit Red Wings
Montreal Canadiens
New York Rangers
Toronto Maple Leafs

National Basketball League
Eastern Division

Fort Wayne Pistons
Rochester Royals
Syracuse Nationals
Toledo Jeeps
Tri-Cities Blackhawks
Youngstown Bears

Western Division
Anderson Packers
Chicago American Gears
Detroit Gems
Indianapolis Katuskys
Oshkosh All Stars
Sheboygan Redskins

Basketball Association of America
Eastern Division

Boston Celtics
New York Knicks
Philadelphia Warriors
Providence Steamrollers
Toronto Huskies
Washington Capitols

Western Division
Chicago Stags
Cleveland Rebels
Detroit Falcons
Pittsburgh Ironmen
St. Louis Bombers

If Walter Lanz is doing Brer Rabiit, does that mean that Fleisher-Terry can do something like, say, Peter Pan or the Snow Queen?

If Walter Lanz is doing Brer Rabiit, does that mean that Fleisher-Terry can do something like, say, Peter Pan or the Snow Queen?

I'd love to answer that for you, but first....

Lawyer: Mr. Fleischer, I represent Bill Finger, a comic book writer for National Periodicals. My client claims that you, Mr. Terry and Mr. Kane have each failed to give him adequate credit in the title sequence of your Batman film. Many elements of the character's costume design, including the mask and cape, were the product of my client's imagination when he and Mr. Kane dreamt up the comic book seven years ago. So any statement Mr. Kane may have made to you and Mr. Terry about being the sole creator of Batman is false.

Max Fleischer: Sir, I can arrange to meet with Mr. Finger whenever he is available. We can discuss any compensation he wants.

Lawyer: Mark my words, Max. Mark them well. You may be strong to the finish, but when I take you, Bob and Paul to court, I'll be eating YOUR spinach!

Lawyer: Mr. Fleischer, I represent Bill Finger, a comic book writer for National Periodicals. My client claims that you, Mr. Terry and Mr. Kane have each failed to give him adequate credit in the title sequence of your Batman film. Many elements of the character's costume design, including the mask and cape, were the product of my client's imagination when he and Mr. Kane dreamt up the comic book seven years ago. So any statement Mr. Kane may have made to you and Mr. Terry about being the sole creator of Batman is false.

Max Fleischer: Sir, I can arrange to meet with Mr. Finger whenever he is available. We can discuss any compensation he wants.

Lawyer: Mark my words, Max. Mark them well. You may be strong to the finish, but when I take you, Bob and Paul to court, I'll be eating YOUR spinach!

Good thing there's such a thing as those re-issues you talked about. All Max and Paul have to do is put him into a new credits sequence and they can end this without it turning into a shitstorm.

Last edited:
Good thing there's such a thing as those re-issues you talked about. All Max and Paul have to do is put him into a new credits sequence and they can end this without it turning into a shitstorm.

And those reissues will come in handy now that we're in the post-war period.

IOTL, Disney didn't turn a profit on Pinocchio, Fantasia or Bambi till reissues after the war. They brought Snow White back to theatres in 1944 to generate revenue while focusing on the propaganda and training films.

Warner Bros might still sell their pre 1950 catalog to AAP, and that pretty much includes Alice.

Besides, Fleischer-Terry can't go under now! Not after they've survived family feuds, Mergers, shooting pictures in the war-torn Caribbean and overdue debts to their distributor. Besides, they still have an Anti-Klan Superman movie to make that may very well make them one of the most prolific studios of all time and change the way people look at animation forever. Stepson Kennedy's findings and Sammy Fain's ''The Tale of Kal-El'' must be heard!

Bill Finger never worked for National, he work for Bob Kane which is how he got screwed out of getting credit for creating Batman.

I feel that , Fleischer-Terry, output should consist of Little Lulla, OTL Terry Toon Productions and addaption of National comics characters and addaptions of king featur comic strip charaer that neaver got made into cartoon by feishier otl like Blondie and Beetle Bailey. Besides little lulu i don't think that any of the otl famous studio fare should be made at fleischer terry. The rest of famous studios fare were characters ascoted with havery comics and I think that al work associted with havery comics should go to Fox animation