As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

OK. So, since Disney built its theme park nearly an hour away from its studio, if Fleischer-Terry decides to copy, would it be a stretch to see them building somewhere like, say,
Fort Lauderdale? With that in mind, I see this park, which I shall affectionately refer to as ''Startoon Beach'', being more of an earlier version of Universal's Toon Lagoon mixed with a dash of Marvel Super Hero Island with the National/All-American Heroes. Whereas Early Disneyland was more about general fantasy, the Romanticized past mixed with the Romanticized vision of the future of the time with hints of Disney properties splashed here and there, this park would be at the opposite end of the spectrum. A sort of ''Animated Hollywood of Adventure'' where Kids and Kids at heart could walk into the worlds of their favorite Fleischer-Terry Toon friends and even meet and greet with them around the park. You could have a couple of classic cars from the 20s/30s driving around slowly like, maybe a Model T and a circus clown car from the 30s, maybe an old-timey Nickelodeon style theater where they showcased classic toons and coming attractions, etc, some street clowns here and there, etc.

Last edited:
OK. So, since Disney built its theme park nearly an hour away from its studio, if Fleischer-Terry decides to copy, would it be a stretch to see them building somewhere like, say,
Fort Lauderdale?

Right now the Mickey Mouse Park concept has been put on hold with the war still raging on.

How about if Max Gaines still sells All American to DC?

Then Max can turn around and use the money he gets from DC to join Timely and pay off the debts Goodman owes for his distribution arm?
That sounds like a fun idea. Hey, maybe you could have Julie Schwartz leave DC for Timely and then have Stan Lee do the reverse? Change the fate of both companies?
It's quite possible that Gaines could poach Schwartz from DC/All-American and hand him Timely's dormant superhero franchises (Captain America, Human Torch, Sub-Mariner) to reimagine. Meanwhile, Stan leaves Timely/Atlas after a falling out with Martin Goodman and Gaines to work at DC to revive the Flash/Green Lantern/etc. with a OTL Marvel flair?.
Another idea I just thought of would be for Joe Simon and Jack Kirby to team up with Walt Disney sometime in the early fifties when Walt starts investing in television.
Considering that WB may gain control of Marvel, I think Jope and Jack would be better suited to helping Warner with any TV projects. Disney could have a partnership with Quality Comics, so that could A:Stop the Latter from going under and B: Give Disney the chance to work with the underrated talent there.
Would Walt be interested in getting his company into television animation a good thirty years earlier than OTL? I could easily envision a Plastic Man animated series that could keep the character in the public consciousness longer. Similarly, if he wants to capitalize on the popularity to the George Reeves Adventures of Superman, there could be an Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters series.
The big heroes at quality comics were uncle sam, the ray, plastic man, phatom lady, doll man and the human bomb
I wouldn't mind seeing the Golden Age Wildfire becoming more prominent.

It's quite possible that Gaines could poach Schwartz from DC/All-American and hand him Timely's dormant superhero franchises (Captain America, Human Torch, Sub-Mariner) to reimagine. Meanwhile, Stan leaves Timely/Atlas after a falling out with Martin Goodman and Gaines to work at DC to revive the Flash/Green Lantern/etc. with a OTL Marvel flair?.

Those three plus the Whizzer and Miss America. Also, I was thinking of Stan Lee Coming up with the ideas for the Marvel characters with another artist on DC's payroll rather than doing them with Jack Kirby/Steve Ditko. They'd be different, of course, but they'd still exist. Guys like Flash and Green Lantern would remain mostly in the past, giving DC the sliding timescale and giving Marvel all those crises and the Multiverse and what not.

Those three plus the Whizzer and Miss America. Also, I was thinking of Stan Lee Coming up with the ideas for the Marvel characters with another artist on DC's payroll rather than doing them with Jack Kirby/Steve Ditko.
Most likely Carmine Infantino or Gil Kane.
Stan Lee was related to Martin Goodman somehow., so there's no way Stan would leave Timely/Atlas.
He was considering quitting Atlas prior to creating Fantastic Four OTL.

The Three Caballeros (1945 Film)
The Three Caballeros
ThreeCaballeros.jpg

Released by Walt Disney thru United Artists on February 3, 1945

Supervising Director
Norman Ferguson

Sequence Directors
Clyde Geronimi
Bill Roberts
Jack Kinney
Harold Young

Live Action Cast
Carmen Molina
Dora Luz
Aurora Miranda
Trio Calaveras
Frank Mayorga
Nestor Amaral
Trio Ascendo del Rio
Padua Hills Players
Carlos Ramirez

Cartoon Voices
Clarence Nash as Donald Duck
Joaquin Garay as Panchito Pistoles
Jose Oliviera as Jose Carioca
Pinto Colvig as the Aracuan Bird
Sterling Holloway as the Narrator of the Pablo the Cold Blooded Penguin segment
Fred Shields as the Narrator of the Flying Gauchito segment​

The Very First Fox Movietoon
Scrappily Married
herman_henry.jpg

Released on March 3, 1945

Distributor
20th Century-Fox

Production Company
Harman-Ising

Director
Leslie Alston*

Executive Producers
Hugh Harman
Rudolf Ising

Music
Winston Sharples

Voices
Arnold Stang as Herman the Mouse
Mel Blanc as Henry the Rooster
Bea Benaderet as Chicken Pie

Animators
Claude Smith
Ira Finkle*
Arnie Jacobson*
Horace Lyons*
Tommy Hodge*

Story
Benny Leonard*
Herbert Wolfe*
Leon Copeland*

Layout
Arthur Pratt*
Fred Kirkland*

Background
Douglas Melton*
Bernie Vaughn*

*Fictional artists

In case anyone's wondering, the cartoon does begin with the Fox fanfare:

May 8, 1945
image.jpg

The Nazis surrender and the Allies declare Victory in Europe.​
That's V-E day done for us. After V-J day, things will really start to get back to normal for the world, Minus the whole Cold War/Atomic Age thing. I can't wait to see the post-war animation here.

That's V-E day done for us. After V-J day, things will really start to get back to normal for the world, Minus the whole Cold War/Atomic Age thing. I can't wait to see the post-war animation here.

How long did it take for normalcy to return in the UK after the Nazis surrendered?

How long did it take for normalcy to return in the UK after the Nazis surrendered?

Considering how our culture in the 1950s differed from American culture, I'd say it took until at least 1958/60 for us to get out of our funk. Keep in mind, your country wasn't being blitzed from all angles so you kind of massive had a head start when it came to a return to a peacetime status quo. We, on the other hand, were still sweeping rubble and fixing buildings by 1953.

I know they didn’t in the original version of this but I wonder if Disney will buy a certain Japanese card playing company eventually ITTL’s reboot.