An Unexpected Prince

A question for you all, Francesco d’este duke of Modena and Mary of Modena brother isn’t dying unlike orl, therefore his uncle rinaldo is not leaving the church. This leaves me with a quandary, who should rinaldos wife Charlotte of Brunswick marry?
Agree with Charles Philip match (Imperial is also not bad, but is a bit of a stretch).
Another candidate (the one used by us in Panthers) is Charlotte's first cousin Louis Otto, Prince of Salm. Charles Theodore would likely champion youngest niece for Archduke Joseph (as OTL), but marry his son to older one. Though Charles Philip can also be used, if not being repetitive (and with changes in House Sobieski, Charles is not in running for Polish crown TTL, so no need to marry yet another Polish heiress).

VVD0D95

Banned
Agree with Charles Philip match (Imperial is also not bad, but is a bit of a stretch).
Another candidate (the one used by us in Panthers) is Charlotte's first cousin Louis Otto, Prince of Salm. Charles Theodore would likely champion youngest niece for Archduke Joseph (as OTL), but marry his son to older one. Though Charles Philip can also be used, if not being repetitive (and with changes in House Sobieski, Charles is not in running for Polish crown TTL, so no need to marry yet another Polish heiress).

This is very true, so re Charles Philip would it be better for him not to marry Ludwiga then and instead be married off the bat to Charlotte?

This is very true, so re Charles Philip would it be better for him not to marry Ludwiga then and instead be married off the bat to Charlotte?
Ludwika is an excellent source of income to any prince (5 duchies are > whatever comes with Brunswick girl), and the marriage already has happened, I'm afraid (it was being negotiated right during the PoD).
It's just that after her death her husband wouldn't be remarrying to yet another Pole.

VVD0D95

Banned
Ludwika is an excellent source of income to any prince (5 duchies are > whatever comes with Brunswick girl), and the marriage already has happened, I'm afraid (it was being negotiated right during the PoD).
It's just that after her death her husband wouldn't be remarrying to yet another Pole.

This is very true. I had considered ensuring that Ludwiga and Karl had surviving kids, but not sure if that's too similar to Panthers or not

This is very true. I had considered ensuring that Ludwiga and Karl had surviving kids, but not sure if that's too similar to Panthers or not
Surviving kids as is surviving sons (because her daugher was Karl's only surviving child OTL)?

I think, that her death in childbirth can be butterflied away, giving her living son and letting her live to circa 1712-1717.
Meanwhile, Charlotte of Brunswick may be considered as second wife of Johann Wilhelm, Elector Palatine, if only for the fact that she has Palatinate-Simmern mother (if the first Electress dies as OTL).
Or she may even be in the running for Duke of Modena (for the same reasons of her Welf blood Rinaldo married her OTL).

VVD0D95

Banned
I think, that her death in childbirth can be butterflied away, giving her living son and letting her live to circa 1712-1717.
Meanwhile, Charlotte of Brunswick may be considered as second wife of Johann Wilhelm, Elector Palatine, if only for the fact that she has Palatinate-Simmern mother (if the first Electress dies as OTL).
Or she may even be in the running for Duke of Modena (for the same reasons of her Welf blood Rinaldo married her OTL).

Interesting, I'd not considered her as a second wife for Johann Wilhelm, I'll be sure to make a note of that :)

Her husband was there, watching over the King and their son and daughter.
First, let me say I'm enjoying the TL. Your writing is unique for this board, with most of the action happening through dialogue, and most of the emphasis being on the intrigue/reaction/thought flow rather than on events themselves. I'm glad you are including quick introductions of whom the characters are - I'm finding it much easier to follow. Kudos all around on a nice story.
That said, with the slow pacing of the updates, and with a personal issue I have with memory, I find I lose track of details if I don't make a deliberate effort to lock them into the storage vault, so forgive me for asking about something that may have addressed...

I read this sentence as saying Queen Anne has a son and a daughter. OTL, Prince William, Duke of Gloucester, lived from 1689 to 1700. He was a sickly child, likely to die roughly around the time he did. Other than that, all her many, many pregnancies (it would appear she liked the boom-boom enough to get pregnant quite often) ended in miscarriage or offspring dying very young, so no sign of a daughter in 1691, OTL.

Anne was pregnant at the beginning of this TL (I presume her OTL miscarriage of April 1688 is an unseen POD, or she got knocked up very rapidly afterward, also a POD), but I don't recall the outcome (I skimmed through the first year of the TL, but didn't see it addressed). Did she deliver a boy or a girl, and is he/she healthy here? Where did the other offspring come from? I recall that Anne had a disorder/condition that made it very difficult to carry to full term, can't remember if her condition prevented healthy offspring (only William lived past infancy, although infant death was rampant during that era).

VVD0D95

Banned
First, let me say I'm enjoying the TL. Your writing is unique for this board, with most of the action happening through dialogue, and most of the emphasis being on the intrigue/reaction/thought flow rather than on events themselves. I'm glad you are including quick introductions of whom the characters are - I'm finding it much easier to follow. Kudos all around on a nice story.
That said, with the slow pacing of the updates, and with a personal issue I have with memory, I find I lose track of details if I don't make a deliberate effort to lock them into the storage vault, so forgive me for asking about something that may have addressed...

I read this sentence as saying Queen Anne has a son and a daughter. OTL, Prince William, Duke of Gloucester, lived from 1689 to 1700. He was a sickly child, likely to die roughly around the time he did. Other than that, all her many, many pregnancies (it would appear she liked the boom-boom enough to get pregnant quite often) ended in miscarriage or offspring dying very young, so no sign of a daughter in 1691, OTL.

Anne was pregnant at the beginning of this TL (I presume her OTL miscarriage of April 1688 is an unseen POD, or she got knocked up very rapidly afterward, also a POD), but I don't recall the outcome (I skimmed through the first year of the TL, but didn't see it addressed). Did she deliver a boy or a girl, and is he/she healthy here? Where did the other offspring come from? I recall that Anne had a disorder/condition that made it very difficult to carry to full term, can't remember if her condition prevented healthy offspring (only William lived past infancy, although infant death was rampant during that era).

Glad you're enjoying it mate.

And no worries on that front. Anne's pregnancy at the start of this timeline was my accidental fudge of her pregnancy with William Duke of Gloucester. So, the son she has here is James of Cumberland, born in April,1689. The girl also mentioned is a pregnancy born in 1690, who was otl named Mary.
Hope that helps :)

Glad you're enjoying it mate.

And no worries on that front. Anne's pregnancy at the start of this timeline was my accidental fudge of her pregnancy with William Duke of Gloucester. So, the son she has here is James of Cumberland, born in April,1689. The girl also mentioned is a pregnancy born in 1690, who was otl named Mary.
Hope that helps :)
health status of the young'uns?

James of Cumberland got some issues which will lead to problems later on in life. Such as asthma etc. The girl is decently healthy. But I'm not sure whether Anne should have any more kisd or not
my opinion is that you should be careful with too many surviving kids. She regularly miscarried due to her medical condition. It's not ASB to have more kids, but it does deviate from OTL.

Two, presuming they live, is more than enough for scheming/plot purposes should the need arise.

VVD0D95

Banned
my opinion is that you should be careful with too many surviving kids. She regularly miscarried due to her medical condition. It's not ASB to have more kids, but it does deviate from OTL.

Two, presuming they live, is more than enough for scheming/plot purposes should the need arise.

Agreed there, plus keeping the limit down to three kids of the new generation of the Stuart line, makes it ever more crucial that they marry well and sire kids themselves as soon as they are able, and it does allow for them to grow up close to one another.

Mary and Anne Sophia (1685 and 1686 births) in OTL were pretty much healthy (at least without the congenital defects), so if not for smallpox they would have lived.
I think 1689 and 1690 pregnancies being full term and resulting in children without major congenital defects are realistic. 1692 may be 50/50.
These are the ones that may end in living children. Other than this, there will be a string of miscarriages, though not to OTL desperate level, I figure Anne will stop trying circa 1697.

VVD0D95

Banned
Mary and Anne Sophia (1685 and 1686 births) in OTL were pretty much healthy (at least without the congenital defects), so if not for smallpox they would have lived.
I think 1689 and 1690 pregnancies being full term and resulting in children without major congenital defects are realistic. 1692 may be 50/50.
These are the ones that may end in living children. Other than this, there will be a string of miscarriages, though not to OTL desperate level, I figure Anne will stop trying circa 1697.

Seems reasonable to me. I do also think she'd be more focused on raising her existing kids as well, no?

Seems reasonable to me. I do also think she'd be more focused on raising her existing kids as well, no?
You're right. That and raising young Queen. James of Cumberland, Earl (Duke?) of Kendal, being healthier than OTL Duke of Gloucester, would also take some mental strain off her.

VVD0D95

Banned
You're right. That and raising young Queen. James of Cumberland, Earl (Duke?) of Kendal, being healthier than OTL Duke of Gloucester, would also take some mental strain off her.

Think he'd be Earl of Kendal no? Unless the whole heir to the Dukedom taking the subsidary title was only for non royals?