Status
Not open for further replies.
So some more stuff for Monster Detectives. First of all, I decided that separating monsters and humans into two different worlds, even if they're connected, was silly. So instead, they're going to share the same world, with monsters just using illusions and the like to hide amongst humans when they have to, and living in abandoned districts/homes. Secondly, here's some more stuff for the plot.

• Alex and the Detectives set out from the Mansion to begin the investigation, starting off at the scene of the crime. Naturally, Alex's parents are ecstatic to see him with kids his own age, and quickly recognise what the Detectives really are. This is the first time Alex realises that this parents and the stories they told might be true after all, though he does not admit it out loud. After a brief investigation, the group leaves and starts looking around the city, asking other monsters questions, if they recognise the tracks left by the thieves. The gang is quickly identified, and coincidentally the group runs into them soon after.
  • While they are outmatched in a direct fight, the Detectives quickly use their smaller size and wits to against the larger gang. Kiyoko however is paralysed with fear when she sees the symbol of the Phantom King, a burning trident, which allows one of the thugs to grab her. The one holding her mentions how the Phantom King will be delighted to see her, causing her to panic further. The other Detectives are blocked off, and when Alex tries to help her, he is easily overpowered. In a state of panic and desperation, he accidentally casts a spell that knocks the thief away, causing him to let go of Kiyoko, who quickly runs over to the group. They are soon surrounded by the gang, who having seen what Alex had done, decide to grab him and take him back to Belial. Before they can, however, Abraham intervenes, and easily defeats them, much to the awe of the Detectives and Alex. The thieves flee, and the young heroes quickly run over to Abraham, shouting about how awesome that was. And while Abraham smiles at them and says he's glad they're all safe, he also states that they'll be having a talk, about why they were fighting with minions of the Phantom King, causing them all to look like scolded children. As he begins leading them back to the mansion, his eyes turn towards one of the nearby buildings, where he sees a figure watching him in the shadows before it quickly disappears.
  • Cut to Belial's base, the thieves quickly inform him of how they've discovered a magic user, one who could use the Jewel. The Phantom King is at first delighted, before Huài Niǎo appears and informs him of HOW they found this out. Not only were they discovered by a group of children, who managed to run circles around them for quite a while, but much to Belial's horror, Abraham is also on the case. He explodes with fury at this, enraged that not only did a group of children manage to track down the monster gang, but Abraham himself has arrived to once gain prevent his schemes from being completed. The Phantom King decides that drastic measures must be taken, and soon...
  • The next scene has a sheepish Kieran trying to explain his actions to Abraham, while Alex goes to talk to Kiyoko. He asks her why she froze up, and why the Phantom King is so interested in her. She explains the background about that, about how her parents came to America to set up a new life, only for the Phantom King to ruin it when he tried to force them to join his army. She explains that her family lives in constant fear, trying to avoid his gaze, while his minions slowly swarm this town as well. She apologises for letting this get to her, only for Roxanne and Abel, who were listening in, to barge in, startling both Kiyoko and Alex. The two tell the young ghost that she has nothing to apologise for, and that they won't let the Phantom King or his goons mess with her. Alex agrees, and offers to help as well. Touched by this, Kiyoko decides to be brave and not let Belial get to her. Abraham decides that at this point he and should talk to the group, and brings Kieran with him so he can talk to all of them at once.
That's about what I've got so far, since I'm still deciding what I like and don't like. As usual, comments and suggestions are appreciated. If something doesn't look good or could be improved, please let me know.

I wonder is america's Youngest ambassador Samatha Smith lives longer then she did otl in thist timeline. In my different channel timeline her plane dosn't chrash, she has an acting carrer in her teens , guaratues form columbia univerity, goes in poltics , takes Hillary clintons place as secuatry of state because a big allie of Bernie Sanders and defeats donold trump in the 2016 ecletion. I am think of using eith Russ Finegold Denis Kunish or Elizebeth Warren as her vp. Any one have any other suggestions.

So some more stuff for Monster Detectives. <snip>
That's about what I've got so far, since I'm still deciding what I like and don't like. As usual, comments and suggestions are appreciated. If something doesn't look good or could be improved, please let me know.
Looks great so far Pun; I look forward to more!

If any character deserves a Maleficent-style sympathetic retelling it's Skathi. I don't think it'd be that hard to recast Skathi as a misunderstood anti-hero fighting against the Devil himself. Plus you could include the stuff about her kiddnapping that guy to remove a mirror shard rather than implanting it. Not to mention the material regarding Bae being the transfigured form of the son Skathi unintentionally bargained away when she foolishly accepted Morningstar's offer to train her in her powers. Who'd be cast as Skathi in the retelling? I'm personally in favor of either Liam Neeson or Ralph Fiennes as Morningstar.

I wonder if America's Youngest ambassador(and star of short lived tv series lime street) Samatha Smith lives longer then she did otl in thist timeline. In my different channel timeline her plane dosn't chrash, she has an acting carrer in her teens , guaratues form columbia univerity, goes in poltics , takes Hillary clintons place as secuatry of state because a big allie of Bernie Sanders and defeats donold trump in the 2016 ecletion. I am think of using eith Russ Finegold Denis Kunish or Elizebeth Warren as her vp. Any one have any other suggestions.

Disney's first animated TV show will either be Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends or Richie Rich. Which one would you guys like to see debut first?

BTW, after Carl Icahn bought Hanna-Barbera, Hank Saperstein repurchased the American rights to Godzilla and will transfer them to Walt by early '83 at the latest.

Disney's first animated TV show will either be Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends or Richie Rich. Which one would you guys like to see debut first?

BTW, after Carl Icahn bought Hanna-Barbera, Hank Saperstein repurchased the American rights to Godzilla and will transfer them to Walt by early '83 at the latest.
Definitely Spider-Man.

Entertainment News ticker for January 1982

Walt Disney to gamble on Saturday morning Spider-Man show for Fall '82.

SEC launches inquiry on MGM executives Trump and Madoff after studio fails to resolve SAG, DGA, WGA strikes.

Hanna Barbera files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy...Icahn to sell to highest bidder.

Democrats ask Walt Disney to outline his plans for NBC should he purchase the network from RCA.

20th Century Fox agrees to deal with Chuck Jones amid success of Chipmunk Christmas special.

New Line Cinema announces plans for rumored Xenomorph sequel.

Is The Ladd Company having their films distributed by Warner as in OTL or are they independently distributing them?

If the latter, they'll be dead within two years thanks to the huge flops of Star 80 and The Right Stuff. (IOTL, those two's failures only led to Ladd splitting from Warner.)

Perhaps they could use their appearances on Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends to launch an X-Men spin-off. There was also an urban legend (debunked by Comic Book Resources IIRC) that Mary Jane was originally going to be Firestar, might be fun if that actually is true here and could lead to some butterflies for the comics.

With Marvel Owned by Disney who buys depatie-freleng enterprises. I think it should be bought out by ted turne so he he can have some cartoon charters for themeparks

If Ted doesn't buy Hanna Barbera, doesn't that mean Cartoon Network won't come to be or, at least, will be a lot sparser in its early years?

With Marvel Owned by Disney who buys depatie-freleng enterprises. I think it should be bought out by ted turne so he he can have some cartoon charters for themeparks

DePatie-Freleng was already sold to MCA a couple years back. Universal Pictures will handle the distribution of their material from that point forward.

@woweed

HB will likely end up being owned by whoever takes over the USA Network.

@Finn Morgendorffer

I think I'll wait on X-Men till the time period that the Kitty Pryde pilot was made IOTL.

Is The Ladd Company having their films distributed by Warner as in OTL or are they independently distributing them?

If the latter, they'll be dead within two years thanks to the huge flops of Star 80 and The Right Stuff. (IOTL, those two's failures only led to Ladd splitting from Warner.)

More likely at Grand Diamond, with Roger Corman giving Laddie a second chance after he was unable to churn out many hits at Fox.

More likely at Grand Diamond, with Roger Corman giving Laddie a second chance after he was unable to churn out many hits at Fox.
If you don't me asking, what's the feel of the country at the moment? By that, I mean how are people feeling and seeing the world? Is it an idealistic view, or are people in a more cynical mood?

If you don't me asking, what's the feel of the country at the moment? By that, I mean how are people feeling and seeing the world? Is it an idealistic view, or are people in a more cynical mood?

Right now, Reagan is POTUS and survived the OTL assassination attempt, but people are already growing cynical of his administration.

Status
Not open for further replies.