Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a list of governors of an alternate Confederate States of America.

zdcZgg3.png
Question: Why in the blue hell would Delaware be part of the Confederacy?

IA4QxEc.png

From my Elvis timeline, Pieces of My Life.
Nice map Hulkster, but I'm pretty sure that both Maine and Vermont would still vote for Nixon against Humphrey in 1964.

With both Strickland and Thatherton being from Texas, I bet the Lone Star State is going to be super close.

Oh by the way Guy712, I think you messed up on the popular vote section. It says 56.12% is Strickland's popular vote while 51.3% is his popular vote percentage. Also, Thatherton won 16 states, not 15, I counted the blue states out.

A dumb little ASB thing. FDR picks the outspokenly left-liberal Reagan as his running mate in 1944, and Reagan assumes office upon his death. Governing strongly to the left of Truman (conceding to the post-war strikes, pushing for international nuclear control, vocally backing civil rights), Reagan wins a landslide at the helm of a shining new Democratic Party expunged of Southern Democrats. His re-election is derailed by the revelation of his association with the Communist Party in the 30s, and the election is a mess. By 1956 the South is seemingly permanently lost, and Dirksen sweeps with the promise of rolling back the radicalism of the past eight years.
reagan48.PNG

reagan52.PNG

dirksen56.PNG

Very minor quibble: given that electors can't cast both their ballots for president and vice-president for candidates from the same state as themselves, shouldn't the Texas electoral slate technically be unable to cast their votes for the Strickland/Hill ticket? It wouldn't really matter this time around, but in a closer election it'd probably be worth getting Hill to take up temporary residency in a different state (like Cheney in 2000). New York's probably his best bet, given that he was born under the bleachers in Yankee Stadium IIRC

Very minor quibble: given that electors can't cast both their ballots for president and vice-president for candidates from the same state as themselves, shouldn't the Texas electoral slate technically be unable to cast their votes for the Strickland/Hill ticket? It wouldn't really matter this time around, but in a closer election it'd probably be worth getting Hill to take up temporary residency in a different state (like Cheney in 2000). New York's probably his best bet, given that he was born under the bleachers in Yankee Stadium IIRC

I came here to say this, but knew in my heart it had already been said.

I hope I'm not too late for St. Patrick's Day. Here's a creature that is often associated with the holiday. It is short in stature, often wears green clothes, usually has red hair, lives in Ireland and likes gold. Introducing, the Leprechaun!

Cryptids, fictional animals and fearsome critters as real animals series
Jackalope (Lepus tempermentalus)
Unicorn (Equus monoceros)
Chupacabra (Canis vampyrus)
Hodag (Canis hodag)
Hugag (Alces hugag)
Vampire (Homo vampyrus)
Agropelter (Pongo craniofractens)
Elf (Homo eldar)
Drop bear (Phascolarctos kindynos)
Bunyip (Hippopotamus australis)
Leprechaun (Homo luchorpản) (you are here)

Leprechaun part 1.png

Leprechaun part 2.png

The Leprechaun (Homo luchorpản) is a rare species of primate that is closely related to humans and elves that can only be found in Ireland.

They resemble human beings greatly, but difference include a smaller stature (the largest leprechauns being about as tall as a 5 year old human boy) and their pointy triangular ears. Unlike humans, where their hair color varies, leprechauns usually have only red colored hair, although older ones tend to have grey or white-colored hair do to aging. Like humans, most can speak human languages, wear clothes (usually green in color) and have an omnivorous diet. Unlike humans though, but like their close cousin the elf, they are amongst the longest living mammals, with the oldest living for several centuries.

As of 2021, leprechauns are listed as critically endangered due to their rarity. It is currently unknown how many exist in the wilds of Ireland.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everybody! :biggrin:🇮🇪

Last edited:
I hope I'm not too late for St. Patrick's Day. Here's a creature that is often associated with the holiday. It is short in stature, often wears green clothes, usually has red hair, lives in Ireland and likes gold. Introducing, the Leprechaun!

Cryptids, fictional animals and fearsome critters as real animals series
Jackalope (Lepus tempermentalus)
Unicorn (Equus monoceros)
Chupacabra (Canis vampyrus)
Hodag (Canis hodag)
Hugag (Alces hugag)
Vampire (Homo vampyrus)
Agropelter (Pongo craniofractens)
Elf (Homo eldar)
Drop bear (Phascolarctos kindynos)
Bunyip (Hippopotamus australis)
Leprechaun (Homo luchorpản) (you are here)

View attachment 633970
View attachment 633971
The Leprechaun (Homo luchorpản) is a rare species of primate that is closely related to humans and elves that can only be found in Ireland.

They resemble human beings greatly, but difference include a smaller stature (the largest leprechauns being about as tall as a 5 year old human boy) and their pointy triangular ears. Unlike humans, where their hair color varies, leprechauns usually have only red colored hair, although older ones tend to have grey or white-colored hair do to aging. Like humans, most can speak human languages, wear clothes (usually green in color) and have an omnivorous diet. Unlike humans though, but like their close cousin the elf, they are amongst the longest living mammals, with the oldest living for several centuries.

As of 2021, leprechauns are listed as critically endangered due to their rarity. It is currently unknown how many exist in the wilds of Ireland.

One thing I don't understand about the leprechaun and elf posts is how you list them as endangered despite them being sentient and able to speak human languages and practice human customs. Wouldn't leprechauns and elves live in human societies and work alongside them as relative equals? Why would they be in the wild and not form their own civilizations or settlements since they can clearly use modern technology. Why are they treated like animals and not people?

One thing I don't understand about the leprechaun and elf posts is how you list them as endangered despite them being sentient and able to speak human languages and practice human customs. Wouldn't leprechauns and elves live in human societies and work alongside them as relative equals? Why would they be in the wild and not form their own civilizations or settlements since they can clearly use modern technology. Why are they treated like animals and not people?

To be fair this is what the human page looks like:
B643C2D4-D992-4F8F-BF84-E9E30CD31062.jpeg

EDIT: As for why they live in the wild, maybe they prefer a more reclusive lifestyle than can be got in the cities.

Last edited:

To be fair this is what the human page looks like:
View attachment 633980
EDIT: As for why they live in the wild, maybe they prefer a more reclusive lifestyle than can be got in the cities.
Hmm, you guys do have a point. While I do this both the elf and the leprechaun could assimilate into human culture (though they might face segregation due to their smaller size), I think that they would probably prefer living in their own societies.

Also, they are endangered due to being killed or anything, they're endangered due to their rarity and unknown numbers.

Cool!! What were the first 2 CW's like?
The first one (946-952) was various Outer Rim systems and gangs feuding with each other until the Republic stepped in. This is where Palpatine first became famous after his victories. The second one (958-963) was the cloning syndicates trying to carve out their own sector of the galaxy and overthrow the Republic. They lost and cloning was outlawed.

Follow up on my previous post about confederate state governors with some Californian governor's races. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

aMDaFfn.png

Status
Not open for further replies.