Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if fictional animals, cryptids, fearsome critters and other similar animals were real? Well, I decided for my new series of infoboxes, I would do just that.

For the first animal in the series, it's the little hare with deer antlers. Introducing, the Jackalope!

View attachment 585453

The Jackalope (Lepus tempermentalus) (also known as the warrior rabbit and the horny rabbit) is a species of hare native to the Western United States. Its most distinctive feature is its antlers, which are similar to that or a deer or an antelope, a trait in hares that is only shared with other similar members of its family including the Wolperdinger of Germany and the Skvader of Sweden.

Bio
While Jackalope sightings have been recorded for centuries by Native Americans, they were too fast for them to catch and were not recorded properly. Other sighting were deemed as hoaxes or were rabbit or hares suffering from Shope papilloma virus. Eventually in 1932, 12 year old Douglas Herrick and his brother shot and killed one, proving the Jackalope as a real animal. Jackalopes have since become very common in the West and have became one of the official state mammals of Wyoming (alongside the American Bison) as well as one of the state mammals of Texas.

Jackalopes have usually either brown or white fur. Males usually weigh between 3 and 5 pounds (1.36 to 2.27 kilograms) with females being smaller. They are herbivores, with them only eating plant matter such as grass and fruit.

While Jackalopes are usually harmless to humans, they have known to become aggressive towards them if either improperly handled or provoked, and with their antlers, they have lead to injuries and even deaths.

Much like the antlers on a deer, the antlers on a Jackalope will shed and regrown every year.

Cryptids, fictional animals and fearsome critters as real animals series
Jackalope (Lepus tempermentalus) (you are here)
As I mentioned yesterday, my next animal infobox would be about the unicorn.

View attachment 585649
The Unicorn (Equus monoceros) is an odd toed ungulate closely related to horses and asses. Wild unicorns have since gone extinct due to habitat loss, being hunted for both as a cheap food source and for its horn. However, some were domesticated and were able to save the species from total extinction. Unicorns have also been bred with horses, ponies and donkeys.

Jackalope (Lepus tempermentalus)
Unicorn (Equus monoceros) (you are here)

I did the Jackalope and Unicorn first since their infoboxes were the easiest ones to create. I only had to modify the infoboxes of a species of hare and the horse. I don't know what fictional creature I'll make an infobox for next, but it'll be added here tomorrow.

Welcome to "Giving Failed TV Series Slightly Better Outcomes": Heat Vision and Jack

Althistory - Heat Vision and Jack 1.png
Althistory - Heat Vision and Jack 2.png

Tune in next time when I give Firefly a second season that gets shifted to summer halfway through.

Lemme know if you want me to stop posting these...

It's Summer 2005 in New York City and our superheroine finds herself trying to cope with all of her friends leaving for college and rocking some cool new threads. But those might be more than just threads...

kickbackinblackbox.png

Starring:
  • Sarah-Nicole Robles as Kathryn Buckley / Spider-Woman
  • AJ Michalka as Erin Buckley / Venom
  • Elton John as S.A.T.U.R.D.A.Y.
  • Matt Bomer as Richard Buckley / Anti-Venom / Spider-Man
  • Ron Perlman as Donald Buckley
  • Lauren Vélez as Judy Buckley

THE LAND OF TRICKY DICK

08Widmer-superJumbo.jpg
5ef23aa1c8b15.image.jpg
gary-hart-in-may-1987.jpg

Sir Richard Nixon was a notorious politician who was a prominent politician for over 40 years. Nixon's legacy is considered to have considerably influenced America and the world. The Land of Tricky Dick tells the story of his political career.

Chapter I: The Freshman

Richard Milhous Nixon was born on 9 January 1913 in Yorba Linda, a Los Angeles suburb. Richard was the second of five sons of Francis Anthony Nixon. Richard grew up in poverty, as his father struggled to earn a living running a grocery store and gas station. Mr and Ms Nixon were Quakers. Richard's mother was a descendant of Thomas Cornell, one of the earliest settlers of New England and a friend of Roger Williams, the founder of the colony of Rhode Island. During his upbringing, Dick refrained from alcohol, dancing, and swearing, as most Quakers did. Richard was twelve years old when a spot was found on his lung. With a family history of tubercolusis, he was forbidden to play sports. Eventually, the spot was found to be scar tissue from an early bout of pneumonia.

Dick Nixon's boyhood was marked by hardship and poverty, and he later quoted a saying of Eisenhower to describe it : "We were poor, but the glory of it was we didn't know it". Richard absorbed his parents’ discontent with their working-class circumstances and developed a strong sense of ambition.

Dick attended Whittier College in the town of Whittier, another Los Angeles suburb, where he excelled as a debater and was elected president of the student body before graduating in 1934.After graduating summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree in history from Whittier in 1934, Nixon received a full scholarship to attend Duke University School of Law in Durham, North Carolina. Three years later, he earned a law degree from Duke, where he was head of the student bar association and graduated near the top of his class. After Duke, he returned to Whittier, California, and began working as an attorney. In 1940, Nixon married Pat Ryan whom he met while participating in a local theater group. The couple had two daughters, Patricia and Julie. When America entered World War II, Nixon joined the U.S. Navy and served as an operations officer in the Pacific.

Nixon was considered a potential Conservative candidate in the electoral district of Pasadena, Pomona and Whittier during the 1946 federal election campaign. However, the local Conservative association selected Whittier College president Walter Dexter instead. Nixon then tried to become the Conservative candidate in Northwest California in the 1950 election. He was selected by the local Conservatives to seek election as their candidate. Nixon's opponent was Clair Engle, the popular Liberal incumbent. Many people assumed that Engle would defeat the no-name Nixon. However, the latter ran an energetic campaign, maintaining a a heavy speaking schedule, addressing civic groups across the district. After Nixon spoke to a meeting of local residence on April 1, a worried Engle supporter wrote to the congressman, "He carried the group by storm. He is dangerous. You will have the fight of your life to beat him."

No polls had been taken during the campaign. On election night, Engle took an early lead in the vote count, but was soon overtaken by his challenger, whose margin increased as the night went on. Nixon defeated Engle by over 6,592 votes. Time magazine's post-election issue came out in mid-April, and it praised Richard Nixon for avoiding personal attacks on his opponent.

NWC.png

During his first term in the House of Representatives, Nixon joined Wisconsin Representative Joseph McCarthy in attacking "Communists". Although Nixon’s attacks on alleged Communists and political opponents alarmed some people, they increased his popularity among blue Tories. Richard Nixon joined the shadow cabinet of Joseph Martin in 1954. The rising star of Richard Milhous Nixon shined ever brighter...

Things like these drive me to support mad billionaires attempting to punch a hole in the multiverse.
Well Timmy, that's why you should vote for the Alien Space Bat Party, as one of our ambitions is to punch a hole through space and time and see what happens, Drakka be damned.

56e71048dd0895ed158b4688-750-711 copy 2.png

I’m Just Wild About Lyndon
1944 DNC
The More Things Change...
1948 Election
1952 Election

tocIgQJ.jpg

The Finale to the “I’m Just Wild About Lyndon.”

Johnson really wanted to run for a third term. Sure he’d expanded Healthcare to the majority of Americans. Sure he’d made college more affordable. Sure he’d successfully passed the first major civil rights bill since reconstruction. But there was so much more, and he’d been grandfathered into the 22nd Amendment. But a massive, and unfortunately public, heart attack in 1955 made the party doubt his ability to continue to run things. He was forced to announce he would not be running for re-election. He would campaign vigorously for Stuart Symington, but would instead spend Inauguration Day with Henry Lodge. Johnson would retire to Texas, occasionally sticking his nose back into politics. He would die, as Johnson men always do, aged 60 from a heart attack in Texas.

Johnson is consistently ranked as among the best Presidents in American history. His expansion and retrenchment of the New Deal helped protect millions of Americans from the hardships he experienced as a child. His advancement of Civil Rights was a watershed moment for the nation, and helped secure the Democrats as the party of choice for African Americans. However, his lack of a Voting Rights Bill remained an open wound for years to come. Most praise his tough, but not suicidal, stance against Communism. However critics note his tendency to back coups that installed dictatorial regimes. Had it not been for his fear of Taft, the War in China could have been a disaster. And it was only his failure to run for re-election that spared him entering the Congolese Quagmire that ensnared Lodge.

Johnson’s son, Luther, would serve as a Democratic Senator from Texas from 1980 to 2007.

Crazy Boris

Banned
I did the Jackalope and Unicorn first since their infoboxes were the easiest ones to create. I only had to modify the infoboxes of a species of hare and the horse. I don't know what fictional creature I'll make an infobox for next, but it'll be added here tomorrow.

If I may make a suggestion, one of my favourite mythical creatures is the Grootslang, a monstrous snake-like creature said to live in South African caves, I think that would make for a good one.

29C7E8E6-4626-4EDB-B458-F0D1F34886BE.jpeg

The guy in charge of killing Andrew Johnson does his job. Acting President Foster’s Reconstruction is heavily guided by Congress, and the Confederacy sees state Governments dissolved in favor of military ones. No state that Seceded would cast votes in the 1865 Special election. However there are fierce internal fights among Republicans....err National Unionists about to extent to which they advance the cause of blacks in the South. These disputes are papered over at the Convention with the nomination of Ulysses S. Grant, whom both the moderates and the radicals see as their man. To preserve the “National Union” credentials and provide regional balance, the convention selects Navy Secretary Gideon P. Welles, a Connecticut Democrat at heart.

The Democrats, meanwhile have a truly nasty convention battle. A bunch of Southern ex-confederates show up and demand they be seated. The old war Democrats fight a running battle with the Copperheads about credentials. It ends with yet another walkout of the pro-South bloc. The remaining Democrats nominate Reverdy Johnson of Maryland, as a Senator he supported the 13th Amendment, which marks him as a moderate by the standards of the party. The splinters rebrand themselves as the “Opposition Party.” They manage to refrain from nominating any literal Confederate generals, but still managed to nominate a man who was expelled from the Senate for his pro-Confederate views. In a coup they secure Tammany Hall support with their VP pick.

The campaign was never really in any doubt, and with the split of the Democratic Party the possibility of a landslide was raised. Even the war in Mexico’s damp popularity could not stop the wave of support for Grant. Sympathy after the Booth Plot and the euphoria of the war being over brought Grant the highest percentage of the popular vote since the practice became widespread. Grant would be the first President since Washington elected unanimously by the Electoral College.

Jackalope (Lepus tempermentalus)
Unicorn (Equus monoceros)
Chupacabra (Canis vampyrus) (you are here)

Well, for my third animal infobox. Here is the dangerous canine with spikes on its back that has a Spanish name for "goat-sucker" that has been spotted in the Southwestern United States, Puerto Rico and Mexico over the past 25 years or so. Introducing the Chupacabra!

Chupacabra infobox.png

Chupacabra.jpg

A picture of a chupacabra killing and sucking the blood of a sheep.

The Chupacabra (Canis vampyrus) (Spanish for "goat-sucker") is a species of canine native to the Southwestern United States and Mexico with a pygmy subspecies also existing in Puerto Rico first discovered in 1995. Its most distinctive feature are the spikes growing out of its back, a trait that is shared with its now extinct close relative the Hodag.

The name of Chupacabra is Spanish for "goat-sucker" comes from the animal's vampirism. It is said to attack and drink the blood of livestock such goats, sheep and chickens. It will also drink the blood of larger animals such as cows, horses and deer. It is the only known member of the canine family that practices vampirism.

--------------------------------
EDIT: Removed original infobox in March 2023 to replace it with a new one with an image. New infobox has now been edited!

Last edited:
(I wanted to got through a series of Presidential elections via one state, and what better one than the historical bellwether of Missouri?)

1601083556506.png
Paul Laxalt was off to a good start when his presidency began in 1998, winning in a blowout against Massachusetts Governor Michael Dukakis. He inherited a strong economy and a peaceful domestic situation at home from his predecessor, Gerald Ford, whom he had served as Vice President under. With a strong mandate behind him, he accomplished Medicaid expansion, the ratification of the North American Free Trade Agreement, and major reductions to federal spending. He enjoyed a strong approval rating, which spiked even more after a successful intervention in Panama and American entry into the Gulf War.

The Gulf War is what many historians consider the turning point in Laxalt's Presidency, as his failure to drive the Iraqis out of Kuwait ridiculed America on the world stage. America would face even more foreign policy blunders, as Laxalt found himself helpless in addressing the Soviet Civil War. With the burning of Berlin and the nuclear incident in Afghanistan, Laxalt was seen by many Democratic politicians as doomed in 1992. And doomed he was, going down to West Virginia Senator Jay Rockefeller by a large margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.