Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Tropic Thunder
Tropic Thunder Faux films.png

Prom night, Superheroine rocking a suit and tie, mid-2000's jams, said prom night crashed by your best friend's boyfriend's mother knowing your secret identity. Reminds me of my prom...

rhythm and greens.png

Starring:
  • Sarah-Nicole Robles as Kathryn Buckley / Spider-Woman
  • Brenda Song as Abigail Nyugen
  • Mae Whitman as Madison Knight / Iron Woman
  • Michael Sinterniklaas as Kevin Mathison
  • Phil LaMarr as Rudy Wilson / Scarlet Spider
  • Wendie Malick as Margaret Mathison / Green Goblin
  • John DiMaggio as Jedediah Irons / Iron Monger

What if fictional animals, cryptids, fearsome critters and other similar animals were real? Well, I decided for my new series of infoboxes, I would do just that.

For the first animal in the series, it's the little hare with deer antlers. Introducing, the Jackalope!

Jackalope.png

The Jackalope (Lepus tempermentalus) (also known as the warrior rabbit and the horny rabbit) is a species of hare native to the Western United States. Its most distinctive feature is its antlers, which are similar to that or a deer or an antelope, a trait in hares that is only shared with other similar members of its family including the Wolperdinger of Germany and the Skvader of Sweden.

Bio
While Jackalope sightings have been recorded for centuries by Native Americans, they were too fast for them to catch and were not recorded properly. Other sighting were deemed as hoaxes or were rabbit or hares suffering from Shope papilloma virus. Eventually in 1932, 12 year old Douglas Herrick and his brother shot and killed one, proving the Jackalope as a real animal. Jackalopes have since become very common in the West and have became one of the official state mammals of Wyoming (alongside the American Bison) as well as one of the state mammals of Texas.

Jackalopes have usually either brown or white fur. Males usually weigh between 3 and 5 pounds (1.36 to 2.27 kilograms) with females being smaller. They are herbivores, with them only eating plant matter such as grass and fruit.

While Jackalopes are usually harmless to humans, they have known to become aggressive towards them if either improperly handled or provoked, and with their antlers, they have lead to injuries and even deaths.

Much like the antlers on a deer, the antlers on a Jackalope will shed and regrown every year.

Cryptids, fictional animals and fearsome critters as real animals series
Jackalope (Lepus tempermentalus) (you are here)

Last edited:
What if fictional animals, cryptids, fearsome critters and other similar animals were real? Well, I decided for my new series of infoboxes, I would do just that.

For the first animal in the series, it's the little hare with deer antlers. Introducing, the Jackalope!

View attachment 585453

The Jackalope (Lepus tempermentalus) is a species of hare native to the Western United States. Its most distinctive feature is its antlers, which are similar to that or a deer or an antelope, a trait in hares that is only shared with other similar members of its family including the Wolperdinger of Germany and the Skvader of Sweden.

Bio
Info to be added later.

This better be the state small mammal of Texas, alongside the nine-banded armadillo

I’m Just Wild About Lyndon
1944 DNC
The More Things Change...
1948 Election

866F835F-6E72-404A-9897-51A02456235E.jpeg

Johnson’s turn to the left after 1948 secured his left flank, but his pro-Civil Rights moves alienated the Southern Democrats, even as his more sweeping proposals died in the Senate. With the War in China bogging down into a brutal fight along the Pearl River and the Western Mountains, some thought that Robert Taft’s isolationism might play well. However Johnson countered with an aggressive strategy of his own, accusing Taft of being the real Communist stooge for wanting to leave the world open to them. And, in October Johnson dropped the biggest bomb he could, announcing peace talks between Mao, Chiang, and himself. With a stroke, Johnson undercut Taft’s biggest selling point. Combined with a solid economy and an aggressive campaign from Johnson, the Democrats won “a proper FDR victory” in the word of one operative, although the Electoral College exaggerated the margin somewhat.

I’m Just Wild About Lyndon
1944 DNC
The More Things Change...
1948 Election

View attachment 585483

Johnson’s turn to the left after 1948 secured his left flank, but his pro-Civil Rights moves alienated the Southern Democrats, even as his more sweeping proposals died in the Senate. With the War in China bogging down into a brutal fight along the Pearl River and the Western Mountains, some thought that Robert Taft’s isolationism might play well. However Johnson countered with an aggressive strategy of his own, accusing Taft of being the real Communist stooge for wanting to leave the world open to them. And, in October Johnson dropped the biggest bomb he could, announcing peace talks between Mao, Chiang, and himself. With a stroke, Johnson undercut Taft’s biggest selling point. Combined with a solid economy and an aggressive campaign from Johnson, the Democrats won “a proper FDR victory” in the word of one operative, although the Electoral College exaggerated the margin somewhat.

Poor Taft, he couldn't even win his home state of Ohio. I wonder who runs in '56.

View attachment 585453

The Jackalope (Lepus tempermentalus) (also known as the warrior rabbit and the horny rabbit) is a species of hare native to the Western United States. Its most distinctive feature is its antlers, which are similar to that or a deer or an antelope, a trait in hares that is only shared with other similar members of its family including the Wolperdinger of Germany and the Skvader of Sweden.

Bio
While Jackalope sightings have been recorded for centuries by Native Americans, they were too fast for them to catch and were not recorded properly. Other sighting were deemed as hoaxes or were rabbit or hares suffering from Shope papilloma virus. Eventually in 1932, 12 year old Douglas Herrick and his brother shot and killed one, proving the Jackalope as a real animal. Jackalopes have since become very common in the West and have became one of the official state mammals of Wyoming (alongside the American Bison) as well as one of the state mammals of Texas.

Jackalopes have usually either brown or white fur. Males usually weigh between 3 and 5 pounds (1.36 to 2.27 kilograms) with females being smaller. They are herbivores, with them only eating plant matter such as grass and fruit.

While Jackalopes are usually harmless to humans, they have known to become aggressive towards them if either improperly handled or provoked, and with their antlers, they have lead to injuries and even deaths.

Much like the antlers on a deer, the antlers on a Jackalope will shed and regrown every year.

If there was a picture of a full bodied Jackalope on Wikipedia, I would've used that instead of the taxidermized head in a heartbeat. I basically have to work with what I got on hand on the site when it comes to these infoboxes that I make.

Choose Your Own Adventure: Election ‘92

You are the Congressional Leaders of the Democratic Party, a broadly center to left party in the United States. You hold majorities in both the United States Senate and the United States House of Representatives. However your efforts to win the Presidency have been less than successful. You have only won one Presidential Election in the past Quarter Century. You had hoped that your candidate in the 1992 Election, Arkansas Governor Bill Clinton, would be able to defeat incumbent President George H.W. Bush. However an Independent Candidate, Texas Businessman Ross Perot, took the nation by storm. Although he was unable to maintain the large lead he held at the start of the campaign, Perot would still see large success. Unfortunately it was your party that was left in the dust. Clinton had the worst performance in the history of the Democratic Party. He won less than a third of the vote, and won literally zero states. However he did win the District of Columbia, and this combined with some close margins in the Plains have deadlocked the Electoral College.Bush got the most popular votes, while Perot got more electoral votes, with Clinton a distant third in each category

No faithless electors emerged, so it is up to Congress to decide who wins. You are in charge of Congress, even though your candidate failed badly. The House can choose either Clinton, Bush or Perot, while the Senate chooses between Quayle and Stockdale.

It is now time for you to choose the next President.

Choose wisely!

If you decide to ignore the election and elect Clinton, open option 1

If you decide to do the unthinkable and elect Bush, open option 2

If you decide to draw the wild card and elect Perot, open option 3

7CACC823-227F-475D-BA76-58D3CEB7AAAE.jpeg

In the most controversial political decision in living memory, you use your majority in the House to elect William Jefferson Clinton as President, despite the fact that he came in third. You select Stockdale as Vice President, viewing him as the lesser of two evils. Al Gore gets to be Secretary of Energy.

You got nearly the entire Democratic Caucus to back your installation of Bill Clinton, but it cost you pretty much all of your political capital. Mass protests accompany Clinton’s inauguration. Bush is gracious enough in public, less so in private, while Perot swears up a storm on cable and swears to run in 1996. Clinton seems a lame duck from his first day in office. A thousand petty scandals, from travelgate, to troopergate, to Whitewater, haunt the White House. His health care bill never sees the light of day. His budget bill gets smothered, despite your best efforts to help him guide it through Congress. You don’t like the fact that he continues with NAFTA all that much, but it is a rare moment of agreement between the GOP and the POTUS.

Those are precious few moments like that. Republicans are tripping over themselves to gut the President on live television. But you don’t have to worry, the Democrats have held the House since the 1950s. Newt Gingrich can’t change that. Right?

As of 1995, you are no longer in control of either House of Congress. This just intensifies the vitriol in Washington, and a government shutdown lasts from 1995-96. The American people have never warmed to Clinton after he “stole” the Presidency. Perot is running again, this time with his own political party. The Republicans are all waiting to see if Bush runs for a non-consecutive term.

Clinton announces California Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi as his running mate. No one cares. He’s doomed not matter what he does, and so are you. You have poisoned the well for the Democratic Party for years to come.
FEDA7718-D2AD-408E-AFFF-AE9192C61BC7.jpeg

In the most stunning display of bipartisanship in living memory, you decide the devil you know is better than the devil you don’t, and reelect the Bush/Quayle ticket for another term. You manage to wring out some cabinet positions, and pledges to limit tax cuts, and maybe even raise them.

Bill Clinton is furious at you, even though you thoughtfully arranged for the Arkansas delegation to cast a symbolic vote for him. Your relations with the foot soldiers of the party is badly damaged by the “betrayal” and certain members of the far-left dub you the “Vichy Congress.” Perot swears up a storm on cable and vows to run again in 1996.

Some pundits predict a new era of “coalition politics.” And you are able to work with Bush on some issues. Free-trade elements of your caucus help ensure NAFTA goes into effect, you pass some mild gun control legislation, and forge a post-Cold War foreign policy consensus. But the center cannot hold. Republican and Democrats are natural enemies. Your cabinet slots are soon resigning in mass, and you no longer have the leverage to get Bush to appoint Democratic replacements. There are fights over tax cuts and gays in the military.

You do fairly well in the midterms, as disgruntled Perot voters lean your way with Bush in office. The final two years in office are relatively calm. There are some fights over crime and morality, but you give as good as you get, even while avoiding a government shutdown.

Heading into 1996, you have reason to be hopeful. Bush is term limited, and after 16 years of GOP rule people are ready for change. The Republicans are frantically trying to find someone who isn’t Dan Quayle. Perot is running, but seems to have lost steam. Clinton is running again, but the betting favorite is Mario Cuomo. There is a hard fight ahead. And there is the possibility of another deadlock, but you should be able to put in a strong showing.
DDD8DB11-2DD9-4260-B119-DBC659D9A667.jpeg

In the most stunning political rise in living memory, Ross Perot has become the first independent President since George Washington, all thanks to you backing him at a key moment. You’ve managed to wrangle cabinet positions in several key departments in return, along with a pledge to focus on the issues with some support in the Democratic base.

Bush is outwardly graceful in defeat, less so in private. Republicans decry the new corrupt bargain, and many Perot voters feel betrayed. Bill Clinton is angry as well, and some of the grassroots types are feeling betrayed as well. Perot doesn’t care, he swears up a storm on cable in celebration. He pledges to work you whenever possible, and with the Republicans whenever possible.

Perot’s lack of experience at times makes him an easy mark for you to pull fast ones on him. You get the Brady Bill and middle class tax cuts, while raising the taxes on the rich, however you are less forthcoming on the spending cuts. Other times, you can hardly stand his failure to understand how government works. You have to sit through weeks of awkward meetings before you can kill Donald Trump’s nomination as HUD Secretary. He does work with protectionist segments of your caucus to spike NAFTA though.

Midterms have a sea change. You are, for better or for worse, more closely tied with Perot than the GOP and so take a beating at in some areas. You lose the House narrowly for the first time in decades, although you maintain the Senate. Perot’s efforts to found his own party flounder badly, neither the Republican Operatives nor your own politicos are willing to help him break the duopoly. This sends him completely off the reservation And you spend the last few years fighting running 3 way battles with the White House and the GOP.

Perot is running again, now with his own party, and it remains to be seen how much his base still loves him. The Republicans are all waiting around to see if Bush is running again. Clinton is running again, but the betting odds are for a protectionist who can eat into Perot’s support, maybe Dick Gephdart.

Pixlr is a free online photo editor, I personally use it a lot.

You should be able to - what browser do you use? In any case, try going to an infobox and right-clicking on the image - do you see an option for "Inspect" or "Inspect Element"?

Pixlr? Never heard of it. Maybe I'll go check it out tomorrow. As for my web browser, I think I use Windows 10 or the version of Windows that came after it. I did notice various other users having infoboxes that had photos that were not on Wikipedia to begin with, so this tool looks like it would be very useful to me if I am able to use it.

And another thing, it looks like everyone is enjoying my Jackalope infobox so far. Thanks for the likes guys!:cool:😉 I had a Unicorn infobox made just now and I will add it to the thread tomorrow morning. I also have other creatures planned such as Bigfoot, the Yeti, the Chupacabra (the canine variant), the Hodag, the Agropelter, the Hugag and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.