Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I see some fellow althistorians are working on DC timelines. I'd be interested in a list Governors of Gotham state since colonial times. The constitution, elections, election maps, the symbols, the Supreme Court of Gotham would be interesting.

Well, I hope this is any good. First time making one of these, or adventuring in American Politics.
WIkibox eleione.png

The birth of the Sixth Party System would, in some ways, mirror the changes going on in Europe, at the time. Morgenthau had proven a disaster, in most ways. With the failure of the Morgenthau Plan in Germany, and American forces being expelled from the continent by its former allies, the Soviet Sphere advancing through the world, it seemed like the Democratic President, after nuking Japan, nuked his foot. The Democratic Party itself was falling apart. In New York, the Liberal party had turned into a national party under its leader, Wendell Willkie. The former Presidential nominee had projects with the late FDR to unite New Dealers and Liberal Republicans into a single party. With FDR dead, and Willkie in a relatively precarious situation, that objective would, at best, be only partially accomplished. Finding its niche as an anti-communist, internationalist, pro-business and pro-New Deal party, the Liberals would perform admirably in their first outing, winning New York (mostly thanks to the local four-way vote splitting), and Massachusetts, partially thanks to his running mate, Joseph Kennedy, and his connections. A similar story was told by the new Populist Party. Led by Henry Wallace, it had begun its life as the Progressive Party, back during the former Vice President's break with the Democratic Party, back when the Morghenthau Plan started. The party had ballooned since then, making deals with the Wisconsin Progressive Party, and later, with the split of the Minnesora Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party back into two entities, with the reborn Minnesota Farmer-Labor Party. Lastly, the Communist Political Association and the American Labor Party, after initial passive support, would officailly join the coalition in 1947, joined by part of the Nonpartisan League in early 1948. Later in 1948, in preparation for the elections, the six parties would formally merge into the People's Party. The four way vote split in much of the country would do them no favors, however, and despite a pretty strong showing in the popular vote, would be the last party in the elecotral vote. The remnants of the Democratic Party tell a different story. In the aftermath of Morgenthau's Presidency, it was obvious the former president couldn't be nominated to run for a regular election. Thus, with both Wallace and Willkie on the rise, a choice was made. To try and force a Contingent Election, to at least have somewhat of a chance to win. For this, the Kerr/Harriman ticket was born. Kerr, a successful Pro-New Deal Governor of Oklahoma, and Harriman, who had served under Roosevelt in various roles, were meant to invoke an image of a better time for the Democratic Party, and they were successful at that. So successful that many Southern Democrats, hoping for their time in the sun, would start grumbling, in the background. When the nominees decided to try and match Wallace somewhat on race and add desegragation of the army to their platform, the camel's back would be broken for many Southern Democrats, who walked away to form the States Rights (or Dixiecrat) Party. Intended to be more of a show of force to the party proper, rather than a proper split, as evidenced by the divisiveness of the act among the Southern Democrats themselves, States Rights would later end up becoming a permanent feature of the Sixth Party System, almost by mistake. Finally there were the protagonists, the Republicans. After 16 years of Democratic rule, and Morgenthau, everyone but a few optimists believed it was time for the Republican Party to come back in style. The America it was coming to power in, however, wasn't what it once was, and the Party itself was split on the matter of the New Deal. Liberal Republicans had been realatively strong for the most of that time, but Taft's conservatives had always lurked around the corner. After the birth of the Liberal Party as a national entity, Liberal Republicans suddenly found themselves at a disadvantage within and wihtout their party. Thus, Thomas Dewey, formerly in the running for nomination, decided to try and draft Dwight D. Eisenhower in. Eisenhower was in many ways a popular man, and a war hero for many. Yet, his actions during the implementation of the Morgenthau Plan had been controversial, with many crediting him of its failure or accusing him of delibrately sabotaging it. With opinion on the Plan turning sour, however, opinions on Eisenhower started turning to a prevailing positivity, even though many, many people still considered his actions treason. For Eisenhower, however, what mattered was not having Taft in power, convinced by Dewey to run to avoid Taft at all costs, and keep the fight against Communism going, the former General reluctantly accepted, narrowly managing to win the nomination. In this, Liberal Republican Earl Warren would be picked as his running mate, suggested by Dewey himself, reinforcing the ticket's image. Come the actual elections, they would prove as much of a mess as anyone expected. Except for the Democrats, who really hoped for that Contingent Election for a second. Thus, with a four or five-way vote split pretty much everywhere in the country, popular vote and electoral vote could vary wildly, and vary wildly they did. Especially for the Democrats. In the end, despite Eisenhower being still realatively controversial, the Republican Party would win the elections. Events in the following years the United States would have to face many challenges, not least of which their forced isolation on the world stage. But with such results, and an opposition... well, what opposition? It really seemed like a second Era of Good Feelings was about to begin.

Last edited:
A fast and a bit cracky line of wikiboxes based on Edward VI marrying Jane Grey and living a little longer
1592107958743.png
1592133293976.png
1592108001408.png

1592108022597.png
1592108038005.png
1592108060210.png

Last edited:
A fast and a bit cracky line of wikiboxes based on Edward VI marrying Jane Grey and living a little longer
View attachment 556699 View attachment 556700 View attachment 556701
View attachment 556702 View attachment 556703 View attachment 556704
Pretty interesting but need to be revised as AGAINST the Scottish laws of succession: if Elizabeth I of England had married the younger brother of the King of Scotland and her brother-in-law died without sons then Elizabeth’s husband or her oldest son will be the next King of Scotland

Pretty interesting but need to be revised as AGAINST the Scottish laws of succession: if Elizabeth I of England had married the younger brother of the King of Scotland and her brother-in-law died without sons then Elizabeth’s husband or her oldest son will be the next King of Scotland
Really? I though it was the traditional sons before daughters daughters before cousins (since Mary had male-line relatives who came after her in the succession)... (although I admitedly don't know, was Darnley's line legitimate or illegitimate?)

Last edited:
Really? I though it was the traditional sons before daughters daughters before cousins (since Mary had male-line relatives who came after her in the succession)... (although I admitedly don't know, was Darnley's line legitimate or illegitimate?)
Scotland had a Semi-Salic law of succession and Mary Stuart had NO male-line relative still alive. Darnley‘s line was a NOT ROYAL line of the Stuarts and had his rights on the Scottish throne as female-line descendant of James II of Scotland (whose daughter Mary, Countess of Arran had married lord Hamilton and was ancestress of both the Hamiltons of Arran through her son James and the Stewart’s/Stuarts of Lennox through her daughter Elizabeth). The last junior male line of royal Stewarts to be extinct was the one of Alexander, Duke of Albany (son of James II) who died with his childless son John, Duke of Albany only few years before James V.

Scotland had a Semi-Salic law of succession and Mary Stuart had NO male-line relative still alive. Darnley‘s line was a NOT ROYAL line of the Stuarts and had his rights on the Scottish throne as female-line descendant of James II of Scotland (whose daughter Mary, Countess of Arran had married lord Hamilton and was ancestress of both the Hamiltons of Arran through her son James and the Stewart’s/Stuarts of Lennox through her daughter Elizabeth). The last junior male line of royal Stewarts to be extinct was the one of Alexander, Duke of Albany (son of James II) who died with his childless son John, Duke of Albany only few years before James V.
Ok, understood, no need for the caps lock

Ethan P

Banned
Quick question: I've been watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine lately (don't), and I thought about setting up a Batman story that co-exists with B99, and is in NYC. What do you guys think?
1592125057689.png

Edit: first try, how'd I do?
1592125057689.png

2020 Election ITTL:
1592219161011.png

FYI: This Pence was a former US senator from Indiana, and got elected in a three-way against Roy Cooper (US Senate, N.C., since 2010) and Bill de Blasio (US House, N.Y., since 2013) Ergo, not current politics. Just so we're clear. Also, guess who Alec Wayne is.

Last edited:
Quick question: I've been watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine lately (don't), and I thought about setting up a Batman story that co-exists with B99, and is in NYC. What do you guys think?

Never watched B99, but it certainly sounds like an interesting idea.

Ethan P

Banned
Never watched B99, but it certainly sounds like an interesting idea.
FYI: Brooklyn's 99th Precinct is a fictional NYPD precinct set in Brooklyn, and the show itself is a comedy starring Andy Samberg and Andre Braugher.
This idea has been bouncing about since the whole thing with Stephanie Beatriz (Rosa Diaz in B99) being interested in playing Batwoman.
Also I made Batman a NYPD sergeant, since he's supposed to be not a 'billionaire playboy' ITTL.

So she has a bastard?
Yep, the basic premise is that after long wanting for a child she finally ends up drowning her sorrows and sleeps with a footman (the birth of an illegitimate child taints her claim and Edward Vi gives her the Duchy of Bedford as a consolation prize, later on, her son and one of Edward's daughter elope)

Last edited:
So, an earlier union of the crowns?

Status
Not open for further replies.