Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Airesien: 2038 United Kingdom general election
I'm assuming this doesn't constitute current politics as it's the future but if it does, let me know.

The United Kingdom general election of 2038 took place across 624 constituencies on July 16, 2038 (voting was delayed in Leicester East due to the death of the Centre candidate and took place the following week) to determine the make-up of the House of Commons. Incumbent prime minister Miles Johnson had called the election following the decision of government's coalition partner, the Liberal Democrats, to leave the government in March 2038. Though Johnson attempted to run a minority administration, he was forced to call an election after a successful motion of no confidence orchestrated by the Lib Dems and the Conservatives.

Polls suggested the Liberal Democrats had a poll lead as high as ten points ahead of their former coalition partners at the start of the campaign and this remained relatively constant, as the stagnation of thirteen years of government had turned many away from Labour, the dominant party in the early third of the 21st century. The leadership debates, which had become a fixture in recent elections, significantly altered the fortunes of the Centre Party, who picked up many voters in university towns and cities that formerly voted Labour or Lib Dem, whilst the static and impersonal performances of Conservative leader Leonard Moncton in the debates saw the Tories plummet in the polls.

The exit poll predicted a comfortable Lib Dem majority, with Labour losing over one hundred seats. Miles Johnson's own seat was considered to be extremely vulnerable to the Lib Dems on an exit poll that put the Lib Dem vote on 40%, with Labour's lagging behind on just 28%. It also predicted the Conservatives would become the fourth largest party for the first time in their history. The election results showed that the exit poll was a little out, with the Liberal Democrat vote slightly more modest, but it had got the seat predictions of the Centre Party and the Conservatives broadly right.

The Liberal Democrats made huge gains in 'Middle England', winning small towns and more rural areas that are widely considered the key to power in UK elections. Labour's vote held up well in Wales but dropped substantially elsewhere. The Centre Party won seats in university towns, including winning seats in formerly safe Labour seats in Manchester and Leeds, and won five seats in London. The Conservatives only really held their vote in agricultural areas, or areas with a high median income.

Johnson would go on to hold his seat by 507 votes, before announcing his resignation as leader. Moncton would also resign, suggesting his party needed to look further to the centre in order to modernise and compete for government. The Liberal Democrats would prepare for their first taste of majority government and the first liberal government for almost one hundred and thirty years.

2038.jpg

Gentleman Biaggi: Bernie Sanders vs Fidel Castro
Alright, so I'm continuing my split North America thing, but I'm doing this as a connecter between two updates. I'm so sorry if this is bad
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bernie Sanders vs Fidel Castro was an episode of the YouTube music series Epic Rap Battles of History. The video was seen by some as a commentary on Sanders's recent controversy and arrest over his flag controversy.

Characters
While the battle was originally a battle between the two title characters, former Agrarian leaders Robert Lafollette III and Doug Lafollette entered in the battle after Sanders mentioned his popularity with Agrarian president Skip Humphrey (and Greenland Prime Minister Kuupik Kleist). After the Lafollette's entered, Labor Activist and author Upton Sinclair and Quebecois MP Bill Lee entered. The battle was also notable for having several characters with no lines. As mentioned earlier, Kuupik Klest and Skip Humphrey were in Sanders's verse. However, every other character also had at least one non-speaking character. In Castro's verse fellow USR Civil Rights leaders Martin Luther King and Carlos Socarrás entered, for the Lafollettes, former New England President Ted Kennedy entered and for the final two characters Jack London and Tom Mulcair appeared for each respectively.

Backgrounds
As in each episode of ERB, backgrounds played a role in emphasizing the characters, and in this case, it even started the battle, as Fidel Castro entered the battle from famous pictures of him. As for the backgrounds, Fidel Castro had a black-and-white photo the Birmingham Capitol building behind him, where he gave his famous "Progress will continue on" speech to, a crowd of less than enthusiastic members of the legislature. Bernie Sanders had the Agrarian Flag behind him, the Lafolletes had a field of wheat, Upton Sinclair had the photo of the EM factory that he famously protested, and Bill Lee had a helicopter on a roof above the Montreal skyline. However, when Bill Lee said "I modernized the left" Fidel Castro and the Lafollettes aged, with Castro going from black-and-white to a color photo with a picture of his "Revolution fist [1]" in the background and the Lafollettes's field burning.
Capturebsfc.PNG

[1]
Kcjgo8Kcq.png

Alright, so I'm continuing my split North America thing, but I'm doing this as a connecter between two updates. I'm so sorry if this is bad
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bernie Sanders vs Fidel Castro was an episode of the YouTube music series Epic Rap Battles of History. The video was seen by some as a commentary on Sanders's recent controversy and arrest over his flag controversy.

Characters
While the battle was originally a battle between the two title characters, former Agrarian leaders Robert Lafollette III and Doug Lafollette entered in the battle after Sanders mentioned his popularity with Agrarian president Skip Humphrey (and Greenland Prime Minister Kuupik Kleist). After the Lafollette's entered, Labor Activist and author Upton Sinclair and Quebecois MP Bill Lee entered. The battle was also notable for having several characters with no lines. As mentioned earlier, Kuupik Klest and Skip Humphrey were in Sanders's verse. However, every other character also had at least one non-speaking character. In Castro's verse fellow USR Civil Rights leaders Martin Luther King and Carlos Socarrás entered, for the Lafollettes, former New England President Ted Kennedy entered and for the final two characters Jack London and Tom Mulcair appeared for each respectively.

Backgrounds
As in each episode of ERB, backgrounds played a role in emphasizing the characters, and in this case, it even started the battle, as Fidel Castro entered the battle from famous pictures of him. As for the backgrounds, Fidel Castro had a black-and-white photo the Birmingham Capitol building behind him, where he gave his famous "Progress will continue on" speech to, a crowd of less than enthusiastic members of the legislature. Bernie Sanders had the Agrarian Flag behind him, the Lafolletes had a field of wheat, Upton Sinclair had the photo of the EM factory that he famously protested, and Bill Lee had a helicopter on a roof above the Montreal skyline. However, when Bill Lee said "I modernized the left" Fidel Castro and the Lafollettes aged, with Castro going from black-and-white to a color photo with a picture of his "Revolution fist [1]" in the background and the Lafollettes's field burning.
View attachment 356394
[1]
Kcjgo8Kcq.png

You spelled "Lawrence Taylor" wrong, but other than that a fantastic box

Status
Not open for further replies.