Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes IV (Do not post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump Declared Dead; First Presidential Death in the History of the Republic
-AP, January 29

"The constitution says nothing abt veep succession. @VP may only be acting president right now."
-@daveweigel, January 29

Kennedy Rules with Democrats in Harris v. Pence. New Election to be Held in November
-CNN, March 9

Most States Will not Hold Primaries Due to Short Notice
-AP, March 12

Pence has a Strong Lead in Pre-Convention Delegate Tallies.

-New York Times, July 2

"America believes in the ideals of my late father. That is the reason they voted for him. When elected, I will ensure that those ideals are protected and advanced. We are going to drain the swamp. We are going to negotiate better deals. And yes, we are going to make America great again."
-Ivanka Trump's RNC acceptance speech, July 11.

ivanka.png

Asami

Banned
>first President to die in the history of the Republic
>no precedence for veep succession
>this also implies no President ever resigned

1841:
President Harrison holds longest record for speech given for inauguration; remains unbroken in 2017

1865:
"Did you and your husband enjoy the play, Mrs. Lincoln?"

1901:
PRESIDENT MCKINLEY SWORN IN FOR SECOND TERM; ROOSEVELT ALREADY PLANNING FOR 1904

1963:
PRESIDENT KENNEDY VISITS DALLAS; SUCCESSFUL CAMPAIGN STOP FOR '64

1974:
Nixon cleared of wrong-doing in Watergate scandal, promises to "rebuild faith in America" before 1976 election

>first President to die in the history of the Republic
>no precedence for veep succession
>this also implies no President ever resigned

1841:
President Harrison holds longest record for speech given for inauguration; remains unbroken in 2017

1865:
"Did you and your husband enjoy the play, Mrs. Lincoln?"

1963:
PRESIDENT KENNEDY VISITS DALLAS; SUCCESSFUL CAMPAIGN STOP FOR '64

1974:
Nixon cleared of wrong-doing in Watergate scandal, promises to "rebuild faith in America" before 1976 election
Don't forget Garfield, who can absorb bullests withou any harm, or FDR, who survived 16 whole years as President.

Asami

Banned
1948: ROOSEVELT ELECTED TO FIFTH TERM OVER DEWEY, PLEDGES NO SIXTH TERM

1952: ROOSEVELT ELECTED TO SIXTH TERM OVER TAFT, PLEDGES 'NO SEVENTH TERM'
1956: TAFT DEFEATS ROOSEVELT (photo of nearly-skeletal looking FDR holding up newspaper with a grin on his face)
1960: ROOSEVELT DEFEATS NIXON IN LANDSLIDE
1964: ROOSEVELT DEFEATS GOLDWATER IN LANDSLIDE; CALLS FOR NEW NEW DEAL
1968: PRESIDENT ROOSEVELT DECLINES TO RUN FOR HISTORIC TENTH TERM

a6ea0606c0569c894f16e1a88e6562e7.jpg

So I found these on my hard drive. They're infoboxes I made for my first ever TL here in AHC, a TL featuring fictional politicians set in a 'verse very similar to ours in terms of the issues. In this TL, the Reapportionment Act of 1929 was repealed in the 2000's, so the number of electoral votes rises with the population with each census.

6148981.jpg

6149149.jpg

6149231.jpg

ZyAgw1g.jpg

6149311.jpg

Zioneer

Banned
By the way, this is the list of known presidents so far in In Heaven as on Earth:

45: 2017-2018 Donald Trump (R-NY)

46: 2018-2021 Mike Pence (R-IN)

47: 2021-2029 Kamala Harris (D-CA)

48: 2029-2033 Will Hurd (R-TX)

49: 2033-2037 Jason Kander (D-MO)

50: 2037-2041 Nikki Haley (R-SC)

51: 2041-2049 Esther Wong (D-GA)

52: 2049-2053 Caleb Winters (D-WA)

Wish fulfillment? Almost certainly.

Last edited:
The National Union Party for forty-four years straight, and if one counts the election of National Whig President Seward in 1860 forty-eight years. The NUP has overseen a period of unprecedented wealth in America, although many claim that this wealth is unfairly concentrated toward the top. Nonetheless American prestige is at a high point, with the Great White Fleet having recently completed its circumnavigation of the globe. While tensions continue to simmer in the South with the so-called 'Knights of the Invisible Empire.' growing bolder and bolder in their attacks on both Federal and private property.

The Party met at its quadrennial gathering in the Chicago Coliseum where President Hearst and Vice President Bryan were renominated unanimously. Meanwhile police quelled a violent outburst by anarchists outside the convention to prevent it from affecting traffic. Some concerns were raised by the appearance of a Populist fusion ticket with the Progressive Greenback and Workingmens' Parties and promptly dismissed as a threat.

UNC.png

Canada's 2024 Presidential elections provide you a good case study of what not to do with the write-in box.

E0zKH0h.png

For full results, including the votes given to each candidate, please visit http://www.elections.ca/res/rep/off/ovr2024presidentapp/home.html

"The Chief Electoral Officer has sent the official count of the number of votes cast in the First Round of the Presidential Election as follows: His Excellency the Right Honourable Michael Chong, President of the Republic, Conservative Party, 6,234,118 votes[...]No candidate has recieved the required amount of votes. His Excellency the Right Honourable Michael Chong, President of the Republic, and the Honourable Brian Gallant, Senator for New Brunswick, have been nominated as candidiates for the Second Round. Polling Day for the Second Round will be the 4th Day of November."

"Write-in Candidiates is an American-style gimmick which should not have been used in the 2024 elections[...]Take Senator May, for instance. She was outvoted by a Cartoon Pastel Horse[...]had, say, that Cartoon Horse actually won the election, it wouldv'e meant a Constitutional Crisis[...]or at least bringing a piece of a Fan Convention to Rideau Hall, just because the voters want a fictional charcter as the most powerful person in Canadian politics."
~A Crossbencher (Saskatchewan Party) Senator, speaking after the reading to the vote count.

"My Fellow Canadians, I look forward, as I did in 2019, for another five years as your President."
~Excerpt from Michael Chong's Nomination Speech

roZKnN4.png

The 2024 Canadian Presidential Election was the second pentennial Presidential Election held in Canada.

The first round ended with the selection of incumbent President Michael Chong and Senator Brian Gallant as second round participants, as neither of them received a majority of votes cast in the first round. In the Second Round, Chong has recieved a 54% majority of votes.

As Canadian electoral rules require the votes to be cast directly by the voters for both president and vice president (unlike in the US, in which the votes are cast for Electors, who vote for the president and vice president separately), both Chong and incumbent Vice President Andrew Scheer were elected for a second term.

Similarly to the 1978 elections in Finland, the monotonous reading of the vote count in a "Candidate's name, candidate's party/Independent/Write-in, votes cast" format by Senate President Scott Simms before a Joint Session of Parliament, including the counts for frivolous Write-in candidates (such as "Vive le Québec libre!, Write-in, 807,503 votes", "Pinkie Pie, Write-in, 661,750 votes", and "Cthulhu, Write-in, 296,183 votes"), and the fits of laughter with which several senators and MPs responed to those counts, is well-recognised in Canadian popular culture, and broadly quoted and paraphrased.

Last edited:
Trump Declared Dead; First Presidential Death in the History of the Republic
-AP, January 29

"The constitution says nothing abt veep succession. @VP may only be acting president right now."
-@daveweigel, January 29

Kennedy Rules with Democrats in Harris v. Pence. New Election to be Held in November
-CNN, March 9

Most States Will not Hold Primaries Due to Short Notice
-AP, March 12

Pence has a Strong Lead in Pre-Convention Delegate Tallies.

-New York Times, July 2

"America believes in the ideals of my late father. That is the reason they voted for him. When elected, I will ensure that those ideals are protected and advanced. We are going to drain the swamp. We are going to negotiate better deals. And yes, we are going to make America great again."
-Ivanka Trump's RNC acceptance speech, July 11.

View attachment 307998
B4bR3Ar.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.