Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabot Cat

Banned
Nothing escapes my eyes, nothing...except my own mistakes.

latest

Pictured: Nofix. :p

@Nofix well-spotted, here is the new and improved 'box for @Pricefield

Zixh8xw.png
I'm not gonna lie, if you made a similar bet with me and lost I would have had you make a wikibox series on something you know nothing about, like professional cycling or the AAFC or something like that. I would have made you suffered!

Although I hope this series gets more interesting than this fairly vanilla infobox. But it's well made, I'll give you that, Sabot

Sabot Cat

Banned
I'm not gonna lie, if you made a similar bet with me and lost I would have had you make a wikibox series on something you know nothing about, like professional cycling or the AAFC or something like that. I would have made you suffered!

You probably would not have got very good boxes out of it because I'd be like, "Christ... I guess I'll just average some numbers, generate some random names, and hope it looks realistic." :p

Although I hope this series gets more interesting than this fairly vanilla infobox. But it's well made, I'll give you that, Sabot

Thanks, I try. :) And yep, it'll get more interesting, although I'm not sure at what pace I'll be doing these. ^^

Sabot Cat

Banned
Wait, so are the stuff in this Pricefield's ideas or yours, or is it more of a combination of the two?

I have and will be deferring as much as possible to Pricefield, so it's half-commission and half-collaboration I'd say. So far it's been her ideas and my nitty-gritty details. :)

Iron Lady, Part III a.

The assassination of Richard Nixon set off a firestorm. The largest manhunt in American history began, and within a week all three perpetrators were found. Thomas Pruitt, the ringleader, was killed in a gunfight with Chicago police after a ten-hour hostage situation in which a housewife and her three daughters and two sons were held hostage in their home. Emory McDade would be the only one captured alive, after being turned in by his mother and father on day six of the manhunt.

President Smith's reaction was swift and harsh. Members of the KKK organization which the conspirators belonged to were arrested and brought in for questioning. In the coming months, the President instructed FBI director J Edgar Hoover to begin infiltrating and investigating Klan-affiliated groups, including the American Nazi Party.

On July 4th, 1964, a march through the streets of Jackson, Mississippi, in favor of voter registration began. An hour into the march, Governor Barnett called out the National Guard. A Guardsman panicked and fired off his rifle. Immediately a dozen other shots answered, and within moments there was chaos. Riots overwhelmed the city, and Governor Barnett fled the capital himself. President Smith responded by federalizing the National Guard and declaring martial law in Mississippi, sending in the 101st and 82nd Airborne to occupy the entirety of the state. The 4th of July Massacre, as it was known, claimed 67 lives, including those of the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Bayard Rustin.

Retaliatory attacks became common in the south, as organizers in St. Augustine responded to repeated drive-by shootings by the Klan by shooting back, resulting in an altercation that claimed a dozen lives.

Amidst the chaos came polarization the likes of which the nation hadn't seen in generations. Southern Democrats rallied around Alabama Governor George Wallace as their standard-bearer. Given the situation, Senator Hubert Humphrey stepped in in an attempt to quash Wallace's bid and steer the party through its treacherous waters. In the run-up to the convention in Atlantic City, the floor fight looked to be a bloodbath.

The Republican convention was smoother. Despite conservative opposition to a female standard-bearer, especially one so liberal, the parrty unified around President Smith. Barry Goldwater's challenge to the President ultimately failed as the Northeast and Midwest unified around the President.

Three days before the Convention in Atlantic City was to begin, a gunman opened fire in the hotel where the representatives of the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party were staying. Two delegates were killed and one was shot in the shoulder in the ensuing carnage. The gunman was arrested and later fell down the stairs and died of a broken neck at police headquarters.

The Convention was as contentious as it could possibly be, as supporters of George Wallace and Hubert Humphrey, two men of opposing value systems, fought on the floor. In response, Majority Leader George Smathers put himself forwards as a compromise candidate. However, at that point the South was so radicalized that no compromise would be in the offing. Meanwhile protesters on both sides gathered outside the convention.

It was the second day that proved fatal. Nobody knows who started the fight, but an altercation between protesters began, followed by gunshots. Soon the police contingent was overwhelmed and it was an all-out brawl. Riots overwhelmed much of the city within a short amount of time, setting fire to the Steel Pier. Unfortunately Senator Humphrey had chosen that time to walk to the hotel where members of the Maryland delegation were staying. Caught in the open, a group of aides and security closed ranks around the Senator. They retreated back to the Senator's hotel, only to find a group of anti-integration rioters had taken up positions around the hotel, getting into a gunfight with pro-integration rioters.

A single bullet caught the senator in the throat. He bled out in a few moments on the street, about forty yards from his hotel.

Blame fell on pro-integration protesters, as a radical group claimed responsibility, calling the riot retaliation for the murder of MFDP members. The convention reconvenes and a radicalized party coalesces around Governor Wallace.

The election heats up as violent incidents dominate the news. Abroad, concern grows as China and the USSR seem to mend fences and assist North Vietnam. Meanwhile, the French war in Algeria approaches the decade mark with no end in sight, and some are concerned that the Eastern Bloc might be assisting Algerian rebels.

Amidst the uncertainty President Smith reacts with force. The riots around the DNC are quelled with prejudice as the New Jersey National Guard is federalized. Martial law continues in Mississippi, and President Smith calls for a comprehensive Civil Rights Act and a constitutional amendment banning poll taxes. In response to threats against registered black voters, President Smith announces that poll watchers will be assigned throughout Mississippi to ensure no voter intimidation takes place.

The election was also the second to include a debate. With polls close in states like New York and Illinois, both sides have a great deal to gain from the debate. All eyes were on the Walnut Street Theater in Philadelphia

1964 Presidential Debate said:
Cronkite: Mr. Governor, you have in the past opposed this Administrations policies regarding integration, along with those of the late President Nixon. What would you suggest should be done in light of the violence between segregationists and negroes in the South?

Wallace: Walter, the past decade's actions, from the illegal occupation of Mississippi to the recent Supreme Court rulings to the 1957 Civil Rights Act, constitute a total and unconscionable usurpation of state's rights. What we have is a government bound and determined to gather the kind of power for itself that would be more akin to that which Mr. Khrushchev is accustomed to in the Soviet Union. What we need is nothing short of an immediate reversal, a total U-turn on the past decade's policies.

Cronkite: Madam President, your response?

Smith: I have only one thing to say: Mr. Governor, you turn if you want to. The lady's not for turning.

End of part A
upload_2016-7-16_23-24-24.png

The whole world was watching, and that's what it saw. Thanks.
Part of President Smith's appeal internationally in this case. Not only is she on the right side of history but her occupation of Mississippi shows that she's not afraid to use force to back it up. In an era which is increasingly unstable, the fact that the free world has a strong leader gives people hope that all won't fall apart.

Whether this is indeed strength or actually more of a bull-in-a-china-shop approach has yet to be seen.

Iron Lady, Part IIIb
Iron and Roses (MGM Films 2009) said:
President Smith and secret service walk through the parking garage of a hotel in Minneapolis. With them is White House Press Secretary Herb Klein

HERB KLEIN
Madam President, there is not a shred of doubt in my mind. We're three weeks out and we've got it in the bag.

MARGERET CHASE SMITH
I'd prefer not to put it out there, Herb. When you've been involved in DC for as long as I've been you learn that three weeks is an awfully long time.

HERB KLEIN
(laughs) I'm serious, Madam President: you're gonna make history. You already have

MARGARET CHASE SMITH
I appreciate your confidence.

HERB KLEIN
(Gets into car) That means a lot to me, Madam President. (grins) I'll see you when you get to Milwaulkee (drives away)

He drives out of the parking garage. President Smith turns towards the presidential limousine. Moments later a loud bang is heard.

MARGARET CHASE SMITH
Herb! (Starts to run towards noise and is restrained by Secret Service.) Let me through! Let me through!

SECRET SERVICE AGENT
Madam President, our job is to make sure you're safe. We need to get you somewhere secure.

Smoke starts to pour into the garage from the entrance. Camera shows the scene outside as first responders arrive to see the burning, twisted wreckage of Herb Klein's car.

An improvised explosive device had been placed outside the parking garage of the Marriott in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The intended target was the President- unfortunately for Mr. Klein, who was pronounced dead at the scene, he had decided to drive ahead of the President's motorcade so as to brief local journalists in Milwaulkee ahead of time to free up the President's schedule. A faction of the Knights of the Klu Klux Klan claimed responsibility for the attack, saying that they did it to strike a blow for white families being terrorized by retaliatory shootings by "marxist radicals." Indeed, several notable drive-by shooting incidents had made headlines in previous weeks as more and more blacks radicalied in response to continued violence. In response, President Smith designated all Klan-affiliated organizations as subversive organizations.

The attempt on the President's life galvanized voters across the north, as states like Minnesota, Michigan, and New York slid out of Governor Wallace's hands. Even the presence of Massachusetts Congressman John F Kennedy on the ticket to ameliorate tensions failed to win him any support outside of Massachusetts itself.

By election day the decision was clear. Wallace's brief support had fallen across the North, and the nation unified around President Smith. For the first time in its history, the United States had elected a woman to the White House.

upload_2016-7-17_0-23-40.png

3bIyTyj.png

Presidential elections were held in Italy on 12 May 1990, with a second round on 26 May. They were the first free, multi-candidate presidential elections in the History of Italy, and signified the end of "Guided Democracy" in Italy.

The leader of Forza Italia, Silvio Berlusconi, won the first round. However, he did not earn over 50% of the vote, which led to a runoff election. Berlusconi faced then Prime Minister Achille Occhetto in the second round, defeating him by a small margin. Berlusconi was then elected for his first six-year term as President of Italy.

Last edited:
My first ever infobox on this thread (yay!):
John Wayne Gacy.png

So, basically the scenario is that John Wayne Gacy is never convicted of his first crime in 1968 and continues to work for his local Jaycees and a restaurant manager in Iowa, eventually entering the world of politics and attempts to win a Senate seat from Iowa from incumbent Senator John Culver. Culver, finding out about Gacy's interesting sexual relations with young male boys early on in the campaign, immediately mudslings Gacy's pedophilic past as a series of attack ads. Instead of losing significantly in the polls and potentially being charged for his crimes, Gacy isn't suspected of doing these horrendous things to young boys as his civil service past has led to him gaining a significant amount of sympathy from the Iowan populace, backfiring on Culver and ultimately costing him the election. The momentum and sympathy gained from Culver's attack ad carries on throughout the campaign, where Gacy pulls off an extremely narrow victory over Culver when November finally came.

EDIT: I accidentally had Culver as a Democrat instead of a GOP member in the box beneath the election results. Oops!

Status
Not open for further replies.