Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes III

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZzZMc1q.png

General elections were held for the first Supreme People's Assembly of the People's Republic of Italy on 18 April 1948. A total of 574 deputies were elected. They were the first elections held after the 1948 Communist takeover of government.

Only one candidate was presented in each constituency, all of which were selected by the Communist Party of Italy. Voter turnout was reported to be 100%, with 100% voting in favor of the candidates presented.

gv2ZFX4.png

Elections to the Supreme People's Assembly were held in Italy on 19 May 1968. Like all other elections in the People's Republic of Italy, the Communist Party was the only organisation that contested the election.

These would be the last single-candidate and single-party legislative elections ever held in Italy; competitive multiparty legislative elections were held since 1972, and all multi-candidate elections in Italy since 1980, as well as the 1970 Constitutional Referendum, were deemed generally free and fair by western observers.

After the Martian War, growing domestic and international pressure caused the suspension of the program, leaving the USS Vladimir Illych Lenin and the Red Navy's Dwight D. Eisenhower little more than orbital junk.

Shouldn't those ships belong to the opposite countries? Other than that, love it.

View attachment 280769

Here's my ideology infobox. It's mostly over the place, but always "on your left" I am not sorry for this reference

So, for a little explanation on these ideas:

Anti-authoritarianism: Democratic and individual liberties are the building blocks of any free and fair society. Also has a bit of anarchist definition of authority there...
Social democracy: I believe that a market economy is the best economic system but we need a strong safety net to ensure that all citizens are provided for
Labor movement: I believe that trade unions can make a good counterbalance to corporate influence and thus their rights must be protected, so there's little need for direct government regulation
Civil libertarianism: I support feminism, soft drugs legalization, queer rights and anti-racism
Worker Cooperative: I believe that people should be in control of economic property to maximize individual economic freedom

Since everyone's making these...

N7Jz7LY.png

I know, I'm a barely coherent, idology busting mess, and I'm proud of it. :p

Maybe I should've added civil libertarianism to the list, or replaced social justice with it. Whatever.

Funny, we agree on basically everything but Europe. :p

Well, I dislike the European Union as it is now - an unpleasant domain of bankers and bureaucrats pushing an unpleasant neoliberal agenda down the throats of the European peoples - but the idea of close cooperation between European states isn't a bad one.

How does that work? CGI? Strategic use of mirrors?
In-universe, are they doppelgängers or does it use the Biopic Theory of Live-Action?
I was thinking of Rob Lowe acting twice, and it being edited afterwards. :p

Might be long-lost twins or something, or just a sheer concidence. Haven't decided. :)

Ever since they were forced out of the mainland and down into the colonies, Spanish politics have become... Different.

OddxiAJ.png

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
gmrb2.png

Grey Men and Red Boxes is a British Political Satire of the inner workings of the then modern British Goverment, first broadcast on 28 October 1990. A follow-up to In Power, and created by co-creator Roy Battersby, like its predecessor, Grey Men and Red Boxes is a mockumentry exploring the day-to-day work of the Cabinet of Conservative Prime Minister John Major (played by then unknown comedian Roy Major in his breakout role), and the frustrations and strains of high political office.

Following Major and his Cabinet from Major's succession of the previous Prime Minister to his heavy General Election defeat, the show was notable for its large and continuously changing cast of characters. With similar themes of frustration, desperation, political impotency, and social animosity, Grey Men and Red Boxes was initially seen by reviews as a rehash of In Power, an accusation unhelped by story arcs such as economic strife and European Integration. Despite this, many would find the more personal focus on Prime Minister Major refreshing, although courted controversy due to the homoerotic subtext and his infidelities during the early seasons, newspapers viewing the topics as inappropriate and insulating to then Prime Minister Collingridge. However high ratings, particularly in the second season, would save the show from cancellation, although the show would continue to court controversy with the sleaze arc.

Another notable aspect of the show would be its unique filming arrangement, with the script and filming done weeks, even in some cases days, before broadcasting. This allowed the show to comment on then contemporary political event, such as Black Friday, which was immortalized as Black Wednesday, although this arrangement would cause controversy, such as during the third season episode Luck of the Irish, in which Major announced his refusal to sit down with fictional Sinn Féin leader, Gerry Adams, which came on the day of the Good Friday Massacre. Despite this, the arrangement would allow for greater dexterity and variety; following the death of John Smith, his character would die with him, replacing him with Tony Blair, who remained a prominent fan favorite following his debut.

As with In Power, the cast used their real names for their characters, although Roy Major would be referred to as John Major. Whist retaining the fly-on-the-wall style that made the original famous, Grey Men and Red Boxes would shed its ensemble focus, instead centralizing on Major. Some, such as Michael Heseltine and John Redwood, were unhappy by this decision. Redwood's own displeasure would be used as the basis of the season 5 episode Survival of the Fittest, for which Redwood would win a BAFTA for best dramatic performance.

Despite critical acclaim and early high ratings, though seasons five to seven the show suffered low ratings, which many pointed to as being caused by the perpetuation of the Sleaze Arc, and the inability to top Black Wednesday. The show would end on 2 May 1997 in a two hour special, which would see John Major loose heavily to Tony Blair. The finally, titled Last Call, would receive a staggering 20 Million Views, and a BAFTA.

Immediately following the shows end, there was talk of a spin-off following Major's successor- both Michael Portillo and Malcolm Rifkind would be offered the lead, however they would turn it down due to scheduling issues. Eventually William Hague would be cast as Major's successor, although the spin-off would languish in development hell until its axing in 2001. A second follow up, this time following Michael Howard, would be proposed in 2003, but it too was axed. Finally a follow up, titled The High Castle, following the Premiership of the season 2 and 3 recurring character David Cameron, premiered on 11 May, 2010, and ended on 13 July, 2016.

The show was also saw a crossover with Farmer Jimmy, in the form of cast member George Bush, here portraying the American President (having previously portrayed Senator and subsequent Vice President), George H.W. Bush, which bought the shows into shared continuity.

For your viewing pleasure
In Power

What is the SEIO?
Sección Española de la Internacional Obrera, the mainstream socdem party in alt-Spain. The PSOE away split over supporting the CNT-FAI back at home or not, but even those who left the mainland for the colonies together with the capitalist government were too far left. A new moderate party in the French model arose in the 40s.

Status
Not open for further replies.