(Based off my post in the best movies never made)

Film/Kamp Krusty

Bart and Lisa get to spend their summer vacation at Kamp Krusty doing activities like; making campfires, being abused by counselors, taking over the camp, and eating smores.

• Big Brother Instinct: Bart and Lisa usually have a intense sibling rivalry, but once Lisa is captured by the bullies he gives up to protect his sister. And when they still hurt her, it drives a fire in Bart to continue the revolt before Krusty arrives.
    • Bart: (to the bullies) Alright you win, just don't hurt her..
    • Lisa: Bart no!
    • Dolph: We knew you'd say that Simpson...
    • Bart: (After they cut Lisa) You bastards are gonna pay, no one harms my little sister and gets away with it!
  • The Bully: Jimbo Jones, Dolph, and Kearney. Hell even the camp owner (who is revealed to be NOT Krusty) Mr. Black is a bully to the children. (Even the counselors aren't immune)
    • Mr. Black:(to Jimbo) I thought you said you broke their spirits!
      Jimbo: We did...
      [Mr. Black slaps Jimbo in the face and shakes him]
      Mr. Black: YOU BROKE NOTHING!
  • The Cake Is a Lie: It was never really the plan for Krusty to come to the camp eventually. When Bart realizes this, he attacks.
    • The bullies were going to harm Lisa anyways when holding her hostage.
  • Comically Missing the Point: Homer and Marge interpret Lisa's letter for help (which outlines how brutal the camp is) as typical homesickness.
    • This eventually comes back to bite them in the ass when they see Lisa's scared eye.
  • Eye Scream: When Lisa is captured by the school bullies (and former camp counselors) Jimbo, Dolph, and Kearney, they infamously cut her eye after promising not to when negotiating with Bart. This would lead to their defeat and would make Lisa permanently blind in one eye.
  • Heartwarming: Bart and Lisa's hug during the end of the movie and him promising to be a better brother to her from now on.
    • Bart: I love you Lisa, I was just afraid that if I did show it people would mock me. But they can all shove it, you're my little sister and from now on I'll give you the love you deserve!
  • Kids are Cruel: The bullies torment all the camp goers and are the reason Lisa is blind in one eye.
  • Never Trust a Trailer: Trailers for the movie depicted Lisa with both of her eyes in later scenes in the movie where she had her left eye cut.
  • Nightmare Fuel: The scene where Lisa's eye is cut, thankfully not shown in full detail but her screams and Bart's reaction haunt 90's kids to this day.
  • Not afraid of Hell: Lisa writes to Homer and Marge, telling them she is no longer afraid of Hell because of her experiences at Kamp Krusty. Her letter goes on to describe death marches disguised as nature hikes, sweatshop conditions, Bart irrationally believing that Krusty will come and save the day and she fearing that her letter will not reach them (Homer and Marge).
    • She later repeats this sentiment later on after her blindness.
    • Lisa:(To Bart) Bart, I no longer fear Hell.. At least I'd have both eyes in Hell.
  • Oh No!: The expression on the kids' face when they meet the counselors. Also the expression on the counselors' faces when they are surrounded by an angry Bart and his army.
  • Tearjerker: Bart's heartfelt apology to Lisa after she is blinded.
    • Bart:(crying) Lisa! I'm so sorry!! I-I never thought... I can't believe someone would hurt you like this! It's all my fault, I-
    • Lisa: It's not your fault! They would've done this to me anyways... But now, you gotta get them.. Get them for me Bart..
  • YMMV: Some fans (and even staff) thought making Lisa blind in one eye was tasteless but ultimately the middle child lost sight in her left eye.

Based on my post on "the best movies never made" here.

Western Animation/Doug's 1st Movie

Doug's 1st Movie is a 1995 animated film based on the Nickelodeon animated series of the same name.

Set exactly two months after the episode "Doug Graduates", Doug Funnie thought his life was about to change for the worst. As the first day of seventh grade (and junior high) approaches, will he be able to adjust to everything and everyone changing around him?

Doug's 1st Movie provides examples of:
  • An Aesop: As time passes, people change. Sometimes, people change for the better.
  • The Cameo: Judy Funnie makes a surprise cameo appearance in a mid-credits scene, where she updates Doug on her transition to college.
  • Drives Like Crazy: Roger has a habit of driving well above the speed limit to the point he nearly drove his mother's monster truck into Stinson's Pond. Justified, as this occurs in the B-plot, where Roger tries (and fails) to obtain his driver's license.
  • Held Back in School: Deconstructed. In the series finale, Roger mentioned he repeated the sixth grade twice. This comes back to bite him in the movie, as he navigates through the stress of finding a summer job as a 15-year-old who has not attended high school.
  • Killed Offscreen: Mrs. Wingo, Doug's sixth grade teacher, died a month after Doug graduated from elementary school.
  • Reformed Bully: Downplayed with Roger Klotz. While there is still some animosity between him and Doug, it seems to have downgraded to lighthearted teasing as he transitions into middle school.

Last edited:
FanFic/The Sorrows Of Young Amy

DieForOurShip: Parodied. Tarvek is unceremoniously killed off at the beginning of Chapter Three- while comic fans, who tend to be older and mostly support the OT3, like him, cartoon fans, who tend younger and, at the time, mostly supported Gil/Agatha, despised him. As in canon, though, DeathIsCheap, and he returns, each time stating his hideously overcomplicated plot for revenge, then falling victim to one of his own traps.
FandomSpecificPlot: A mockery of the "Gil and Agatha's KidFromTheFuture" plot that infested the (ComicBook/GirlGenius2001 | Girl Genius fandom) after the release of the (WesternAnimation/GirlGenius2007 | cartoon adaptation) debuted.
ParodyFic: Mocks several cliches in Girl Genius fandom, especially those that originated with the cartoon adaptation.
* Transcribing Gil's Yorkshire accent to the point where his dialogue becomes near-incomprehensible (in the comic, only the Jaegers were subject to FuneticAksent).
* Ignoring the Circus and Sturmhalten arcs (which had not been adapted at the time of writing- Season 2's DarkerAndEdgier approach alienated many of the younger fans that this mocks, anyways)
* As well, contriving some excuse to have Gil and Agatha run away to get married instead of Agatha declining and escaping at the end of Season 1.
ParodySue: Amy, who, at the age of 12, easily outdoes her parents (aged 18 and 21-almost-22)at almost everything, invents an MP3 player in 1907 (which also plays radio hits from 100 years in the future), and can defeat a 10-metre clank in unarmed combat. No wonder Theo uses her as a HumanShield.
TakeThat: The explanation for why Amy has black hair and purple eyes is a barely reworded version of the HandWave from Steven Moffat's infamous (Television/DoctorWho1996 | new era Doctor Who) fanfiction The Ghastly Ordeal of River Song.

Inspired by this thread https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...erminator-2-kept-the-t-800-villainous.478479/

Essentially Terminator 2 features Robert Patrick playing John Connor traveling back in time to protect his younger self from multiple T-800s.

John Connor Syndrome
AKA Future me Scares me

Trope Namer: Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Unlike some more extreme examples, Future John Connor is not outright villainous, however in stark contrast to Kyle Reese and present John he is cold, violent, and distant. At the same time he is more prepared and capable, able to kill two terminators and assist with destroying a third when his father was only able to take down one. At the same time Future John is less willing to help stop collateral damage by the Terminators, on the grounds that they're already dead because he remembers them dying.

Justified as John was stated to be the leader of the Resistance against Skynet, while Reese was only a soldier under his command. Thus Connor had a far more top down view of the war with Skynet.

*shrugs* Eh screw it. I whipped these up for fun for a piece of ATL pop culture as part of a game I've been a part of in the SW subforum for a long time now. Didn't noticed this thread until after I made them but didn't want to risk necroing. Had to put these in folders due to length.

oBDXpdr.png
uTouqHK.png

*shrugs* Eh screw it. I whipped these up for fun for a piece of ATL pop culture as part of a game I've been a part of in the SW subforum for a long time now. Didn't noticed this thread until after I made them but didn't want to risk necroing. Had to put these in folders due to length.

oBDXpdr.png
uTouqHK.png
Very different marvel characters too

Very different marvel characters too

No argument there with a rather different Nintendo as well. I know this thread is meant for more recent works rather than anything completely ATL (the POD's rather far back), but I still liked how they came out after pouring the time into them and mostly just wanted to share before this thread became inactive again.

Last edited:
No argument there with a rather different Nintendo as well. I know this thread is meant for more recent works rather than anything completely ATL, but I still liked how they came out after pouring the time into them and mostly just wanted to share before this thread became inactive again.
I see,did you have a list of more changes too?

I see,did you have a list of more changes too?

For further context and questions I'd advise checking out the main thread I made the alt TvTropes images for so as to not derail this thread, but to give a short rundown of the major ones mentioned:
  • Bête Noire is a loose analogue to Black Panther, an Afro-Français Batman who fights crime in Paris by night while having a day job history professor at the University of Paris. His main motivation aside from protecting Paris is finding the truth behind his father's covered up murder and being the heir to Wagadou (Wakanda if it were a lost civilization and takes more inspiration from West African societies).
  • Gold Star is the Russian superhero, their own Captain America or Superman fighting for Russia and his/her majesty's subjects, his powers are based off of DC's Red Star. He was actually the leading hero for Royale Comics, a Russian comic house that was bought out by the Russian entertainment giant Danilov Entertainment/Dan-E in 1981 (later going on to buy out Marvel in 1988), later incorporating into mainline Marvel canon along with numerous other Royale Comics heroes (the source of TTL's Svyatogor and Magiya [OTL's Colossus and Magik] among others), given Temuchin (OTL's Mandarin) as his arch nemesis during Gold Star's beginnings in the 1940s (a massive land war that spread across Asia equivalent to WW2). As of the 1990s, Gold Star has a reputation for being "Adored by the Network" in post-buyout Marvel.
  • Maneater is the analogue to Venom and its human host is Maxine Gwenyth De'Anthony (Gwen Stacey was used as a base but I hesitate to even call her an analogue due to how far apart they are), a high school bully of Peters' who was meant to be a Defrosting Ice Queen but as it turns out Marvel did too good a job of creating a spoiled, high school mean girl as readers refused to even entertain her as a future love interest for Spider-Man, they ended up preferring Eliza Rose (Liz Allan analogue filling the Gwen Stacy role) and Mercedes "Mercie" Jacquelin (MJ Watson analogue) over her. Instead, they retooled Maxine to end up as the host of the Symbiote after Spider-Man broke away from its control, willingly accepting its power after Spider-Man ruined her life (her rich girl lifestyle was paid for by her NYPD father being on the payroll of both the Kingpin and Maggia analogues who accidentally dies during a battle between Spidey and the Dazzler (Green Goblin if the man under the mask was the head of a fashion empire instead of Norman Osbourne), his dirty dealings coming to light after his death with most of the family fortune seized as evidence and her mother blowing her brains out as it all falls apart) and what comes next is familiar more or less, save for the symbiote tainting what feelings she had for Peters to the point of obsession, a reflection of the symbiote's intense desire to once again bond with Spider-Man.
  • Grand Duke Muerte is Doctor Doom with a little of Black Adam thrown in. Instead of being an Eastern European with Roma ancestry, Muerte is a member of the Kulina people in what was the Republic of Bolamoira (located in northern East Peru, otherwise in OTL as Brazil's Acre region), leading an insurgency against the pro-Brazilian (they're the commie superpower ITTL by the way) military junta and gains fame for fighting off a Brazilian invasion force lead by the original Escarjuma (Crimson Dynamo) who he kills at the cost of being the reason why Muerte's face is behind an iron mask. Crowns himself Grand Duke and turns Bolamoira into a Hispanic/Lusophone (whether Bolamoira speaks Spanish or Portuguese with the culture to match varies between writers) Latveria that at least makes a ton of money by exporting the rare earth mineral bendiciyte. The Grand Duke genuinely loves his country and his people much like Doom does with "Bolamoira above all" meant to explain why he constantly is between either as an enemy of US based heroes or a loose ally.

What I wrote might sound... alien to a more trained eye but I'm just glad it's something different.

Last edited:
For further context and questions I'd advise checking out the main thread I made the alt TvTropes images for so as to not derail this thread, but to give a short rundown of the major ones mentioned:
  • Bête Noire is a loose analogue to Black Panther, an Afro-Français Batman who fights crime in Paris by night while having a day job history professor at the University of Paris. His main motivation aside from protecting Paris is finding the truth behind his father's covered up murder and being the heir to Wagadou (Wakanda if it were a lost civilization and takes more inspiration from West African societies).
  • Gold Star is the Russian superhero, their own Captain America or Superman fighting for Russia and his/her majesty's subjects, his powers are based off of DC's Red Star. He was actually the leading hero for Royale Comics, a Russian comic house that was bought out by the Russian entertainment giant Danilov Entertainment/Dan-E in 1981 (later going on to buy out Marvel in 1988), later incorporating into mainline Marvel canon along with numerous other Royale Comics heroes (the source of TTL's Svyatogor and Magiya [OTL's Colossus and Magik] among others), given Temuchin (OTL's Mandarin) as his arch nemesis during Gold Star's beginnings in the 1940s (a massive land war that spread across Asia equivalent to WW2). As of the 1990s, Gold Star has a reputation for being "Adored by the Network" in post-buyout Marvel.
  • Maneater is the analogue to Venom and its human host is Maxine Gwenyth De'Anthony (Gwen Stacey was used as a base but I hesitate to even call her an analogue due to how far apart they are), a high school bully of Peters' who was meant to be a Defrosting Ice Queen but as it turns out Marvel did too good a job of creating a spoiled, high school mean girl as readers refused to even entertain her as a future love interest for Spider-Man, they ended up preferring Eliza Rose (Liz Allan analogue filling the Gwen Stacy role) and Mercedes "Mercie" Jacquelin (MJ Watson analogue) over her. Instead, they retooled Maxine to end up as the host of the Symbiote after Spider-Man broke away from its control, willingly accepting its power after Spider-Man ruined her life (her rich girl lifestyle was paid for by her NYPD father being on the payroll of both the Kingpin and Maggia analogues who accidentally dies during a battle between Spidey and the Dazzler (Green Goblin if the man under the mask was the head of a fashion empire instead of Norman Osbourne), his dirty dealings coming to light after his death with most of the family fortune seized as evidence and her mother blowing her brains out as it all falls apart) and what comes next is familiar more or less, save for the symbiote tainting what feelings she had for Peters to the point of obsession, a reflection of the symbiote's intense desire to once again bond with Spider-Man.
  • Grand Duke Muerte is Doctor Doom with a little of Black Adam thrown in. Instead of being an Eastern European with Roma ancestry, Muerte is a member of the Kulina people in what was the Republic of Bolamoira (located in northern East Peru, otherwise in OTL as Brazil's Acre region), leading an insurgency against the pro-Brazilian (they're the commie superpower ITTL by the way) military junta and gains fame for fighting off a Brazilian invasion force lead by the original Escarjuma (Crimson Dynamo) who he kills at the cost of being the reason why Muerte's face is behind an iron mask. Crowns himself Grand Duke and turns Bolamoira into a Hispanic/Lusophone (whether Bolamoira speaks Spanish or Portuguese with the culture to match varies between writers) Latveria that at least makes a ton of money by exporting the rare earth mineral bendiciyte. The Grand Duke genuinely loves his country and his people much like Doom does with "Bolamoira above all" meant to explain why he constantly is between either as an enemy of US based heroes or a loose ally.

What I wrote might sound... alien to a more trained eye but I'm just glad it's something different.
It sounds familiar yet radically different, thanks