Alternate List of Billboard #1 Hits: Katarn Edition

Three number ones in about a month? Let's not go overboard here :p

I'm thinking of posting a poll to determine the number of turns you have to wait in-between turns, what do you guys think?
I thought three was fine. Going over that might cause confusion, since posts are sometimes easy to miss.

I think 3 turnes is fine.

But I would scrap the rule, that an event counts as a turn, as long as nobody overdoes it.

Events give more flavour to the thread...

I think 3 turnes is fine.

But I would scrap the rule, that an event counts as a turn, as long as nobody overdoes it.

Events give more flavour to the thread...

But someone WILL overdo it if I get rid of the rule. This isn't ideal but I think it's better that we have the rule.

Rory Storm and Iggy Pop found Reckless Records (1973)
Event: Rory Storm and Iggy Pop found their own record label Reckless Records. The label will generally cater to more underground anti-establishment type bands, but is generally open to anyone looking to get away from mainstream label antics. Rory Storm and Iggy Pop are obviously the first acts signed, both as solo artists. They have also signed Lou Reed, The New York Dolls and several lesser known gloom and metal bands. *

aDcDu0z.png

*If any of these are contradicted by earlier posts I apologize. I didn't have time to check unfortunately.

The Beach Boys Live in Concert album is released (1973)
Event: November 1973

Double-Album
The Beach Boys - Live in Concert

Side A
Do It Again
Surfin'
Surfin' Safari (Guest: Carl Wilson / guitar)
Surf City
I get Around
Surfer Girl (Guest: Brian Wilson / lead vocals)

Side B
Don't Worry Baby
Good Vibrations
The One You Can't Have (Guest: The Honeys / vocals)
Little Honda
California Sun
Take Good Care Of Your Teeth (Guest: Al Jardine)

Side C
All this is that (Guest: Al Jardine / guitar and vocals)
Big Sur
God Only Knows
Wouldn't It Be Nice
Forever

Side D
Student Demonstration Times
Surfin' Bird
Little Old Lady From Pasadena (Guest: Jan Berry / vocals)
Okie from Muscogee
Jumping Jack Flash ( Guest: Brian Jones /guitar)

The original concept:
A Original Hits
B Original compositions, given away or made popular by other artists
C New Songs
D Covers
is not stringent

a 10 minute instrumental called: "don't f*** with the formula" originally intended for Side C got rejected by the label

The Album eventually reaches #2 on the Album charts

Because we need some bubblegum R&B:

November 7th, 1973: "Mama Never Told Me"- Sister Sledge
November 14th, 1973: "Mama Never Told Me"- Sister Sledge*

*IOTL, this was a UK hit in 1975, but it was actually originally released in 1973.

Reckless Records artists signed in 1973 (1973)
November 21st, 1973: "Mama Never Told Me" - Sister Sledge
November 28th, 1973: "Hollywood Swinging" - Kool and the Gang

Event: Reckless Records signs several new artists. From the US the label has signed Detroit band Death, which had previously been unable to secure a record deal due to their name. From the UK the label has signed metal band Judas Priest, garage psych band Hollywood Brats and unique Glam/Gloom band Queen. All four bands are already preparing to record their debut albums.

Thank you @markedward for band suggestions :D

Three number ones in about a month? Let's not go overboard here.

I am away on vacay (phone no laptop) but when I get back, thinking about analyzing probabilities for runs, self-replace, etc. to make an optional chart ("1970-1975: roll d100, 0-57 last week, 58-97 new song, 98-00 new self-replace" etc.)