Alternate History Combat Aircraft

6th.png

A quicky for 6th anniversary

I like it.
I have some some pusher-pull designs here too.
Saw some of them - VERY Nice! (Always thought the Cessna O-2 and the Dornier 335 & Do 18 were good ideas if the coolimg problems could be worked out.

On the He177. I figured it might cut down on those engine fires that Heinkel blamed on Hermann G. interfering with designs and wanted 4 rngines in 2 nacelles.
Of course in MY timeline, Fat Hermann managed to get himself offed in WW1 when he could still FIT into the cockpit of a fighter plane
(I also postulate that crazy 'Dolf DID get shot by that British sniper in WW1 :openedeyewink:)

NICE looking plane! Probably would have had a better survival rate than the actual Defiant.

I always thought the Defiant and other turret only "fighters" were nuts.

Could never understand how the people who knew the Bristol F.2 (Brisfit) history and operatiions. could POSSIBLY conceive of 'fighters' that had NO forward armament.

The 'Brisfit' had guns forward AND rear and after a doctrine/tactic change (where the pilot flew it as a FIGHTER instead of keeping it stable for the the gunner) was highly successful in WW1

The 'Brisfit' hung around until 1932 in the RAF

Pangur

Donor
There is an active thread about the EE Lightning and one idea thats come up is the F106 in service with the RAF - Would anyone be interested in drawing that?

the F106 in service with the RAF - Would anyone be interested in drawing that?
It's been done many times but a lot has been lost in the photobucket and other mass-extinction events. There's not a lot left.

Pangur

Donor
It's been done many times but a lot has been lost in the photobucket and other mass-extinction events. There's not a lot left.

Thanks