Alternate General Motors Vehicle Lineup (1980-Present)

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
I've managed to post a lot more than 3 photos in a day for some of my work.
Well, if other members don't report a post it isn't reviewed.

Would you like me to review how often you have violated the policy now and act on them in a cumulative manner?

In case it isn't clear, today is sort of a bad day to screw with me,

Last edited:
1981 Chevrolet Lineup
SUB COMPACT: Chevette

COMPACT:
Monza
The Monza soldiers on for one final year.

SMALL: Citation
The Citation turned out to be a total bust. It was dropped at model year's end. Numerous engine problems forced a massive recall. GM realized it was quickly becoming the next Corvair and didn't want Ralph Nader on them again.

MIDSIZE: Malibu

LARGE: Impala/Caprice

PERSONAL LUXURY: Monte Carlo
81-turbo-monte-carlo.jpg

Redesigned for 1981.

SPORTS:
Camaro/Corvette

Last edited:

kernals12

Banned
GM kept the Corvair going for 4 years after "Unsafe at any speed" was published. Ford kept the Pinto for 3 years after the infamous 1977 recall. There is no way they'd drop a car after 1 year after the enormous investment they made. The shareholders would start rioting. It's better to just have the Citation never see the light of day and move up the J cars by 1 year.

Last edited:

SwampTiger

Banned
GM kept the Corvair going for 4 years after "Unsafe at any speed" was published. It seems highly unlikely they'd drop a car after 1 year after the enormous investment they made.

In OTL, it lasted until 1985. The Corsica appeared in 1987. This is a core model line. GM has to fill the slot with something, quickly.

kernals12

Banned
In OTL, it lasted until 1985. The Corsica appeared in 1987. This is a core model line. GM has to fill the slot with something, quickly.
The Cavalier would've worked as a downsized Nova and it wouldn't have caused irreperable damage to GM's reputation.

SwampTiger

Banned
So you are passing over the Citation? What are the drivers for not designing and building this vehicle? It was GM USA's first mainstream FWD sedan. The Cavalier was a later design.

1981 Oldsmobile Lineup
SMALL: Omega 68
Gains the 68 moniker for 1981.

MIDSIZE: Cutlass 78

LARGE: Delta 88/ Regency 98

PERSONAL LUXURY: Cutlass Supreme/ Tornado
oldsmobile-cutlass-1981-10.jpg

New Cutlass Supreme for 1981.

Last edited: