Alternate General Motors Vehicle Lineup (1980-Present)

2005 Pontiac Lineup
246492.jpg

COMPACT: Sunfire/Vibe
All new Sunfire debuts.

SMALL: Grand Am

MIDSIZE: Grand Prix

LARGE: Bonneville
The Bonneville won't get redesigned until next year.

06129511990005.jpg

SPORTS: Firebird/Fiero
The Fiero returns after a ten year absence @TheMann

SUV: Torrent

MINIVAN: Montana

I will admit this part. If I ever chose to rewrite the history of General Motors here is what would have happen. Note this does contain some spoilers.

1. - The POD will involve the failure of the Chevrolet Vega which results in a serious boardroom coup.
2. - Roger Smith will be forcibly removed from GM as a result of the boardroom coup
3. - The GM bean counters are forcibly against their will into a position that they will never have a say in even the minute details anywhere (And all who have any accounting experience will never achieve any position at GM above the position of Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
4. - GMC would have forced out of the SUV market with Oldsmobile effectively taking it's place in the SUV market (And Chevrolet will be forced out of the Medium Duty, Heavy Truck, Type C and D School Bus chassis markets (GMC will be taking those positions in those markets instead)
5. - The Opel Senator A would have been forced to use the dimensions of the OTL Forth Generation Chevrolet Malibu (I will save the details for a alternate timeline that I write if everyone is interested)
6. - There will not be any real downsizing of GM's Full-Size Vehicles (GM's C and H platforms will be butterflied away in the ATL that I write).
7. - GM will be seriously cutting their coupe offerings in the ATL that I write.
8. - Certain GM platforms will never exist in the ATL that I write (Beside the GM C and H platforms don't ever expect the FWD X, N, L, U, or E platforms to ever exist in any ATL that I write).
9. - Buick will never be phased out and will end up effectively being Badge Engineered Opel products.

This is some of what to expect (Wait for me to rewrite the history of GM to truly see that I intend and it will end up rewriting some of the history of Ford Motor Company as well).

2005 Cadillac Lineup
SMALL: Catera

234232.jpg

MIDSIZE: Seville
The Seville is finally redesigned after 12 years. It is trying to compete with the E-Class and 5 Series by being smaller and sportier than the previous generation.

LARGE: Deville

SPORTS: Allante/LaSalle

SUV: Escalade/Serrano

2006 Chevrolet Lineup
SUBCOMPACT: Aveo

COMPACT: Cobalt

1084px-2009_Holden_Calais_%28VE_MY09.5%29_V_sedan_%282015-07-03%29_01.jpg

MIDSIZE: Chevelle
Redesigned for 06'.

LARGE: Impala/Monte Carlo

SPORTS: Corvette
The Camaro takes a year off to prepare for an all new design next year.

SMALL SUV: Equinox

MIDSIZE SUV: Trailblazer

LARGE SUV: Tahoe/Suburban

HOLDEN-Ute-4078_58.jpg

CAR TRUCK: El Camino
The El Camino finally returns after nine years. Demand for the Holden Ute in America has been growing since the early 2000's and Chevy finally decided to bring it back.

SMALL TRUCK: Colorado

TRUCK: Silverado/Avalanche

1087px-2012_Vauxhall_Vivaro_2900_CDTi_LWB_2.0.jpg

SMALL VAN: Astro
The new Astro is a rebadged Vauxhall Vivaro which itself is a rehashed Renault Trafic. Following Chrysler, GM plans to replace it's vans with imported European ones.

LARGE VAN: Express

DISCONTINUED: Venture
GM is kills off their Minivans.

2006 Pontiac Lineup
COMPACT: Sunfire/Vibe

SMALL: Grand Am

MIDSIZE: Gran Prix

autowp.ru_holden_wm_caprice_13.jpg

LARGE: Bonneville
The Bonneville becomes a rebadged Holden Caprice.

SPORTS: Fiero
The Firebird takes a year off until the new one arrives next year.

SUV: Torrent

DISCONTINUED: Montana

Last edited:
2007 Chevrolet Lineup

SMALL: Cobalt

MIDSIZE SUV: Trailblazer

2007-Chevrolet-Tahoe.jpg

Both redesigned for 07'.

CAR TRUCK:
El Camino

CHEVROLET-Silverado-1500-Extended-Cab-3934_16.jpg

2007_chevrolet_avalanche_100010571_l.jpg
TRUCK:
Silverado/Avalanche
A new Silverado debuts as well as the Avalanche.

Last edited:
2008 Chevrolet Lineup

SMALL: Cobalt

CHEVROLET-Camaro-3951_33.jpg

SPORTS: Camaro/Corvette
At long last, the new American Camaro that GM has promised since 2001 finally arrives.

Chevrolet%2BTraverse.jpg

MIDSIZE SUV:
Trailblazer/Traverse
The Traverse arrives as an SUV for families who need more than a Trailblazer, but less than a Tahoe. It is also the spiritual successor to the Venture minivan.

LARGE TRUCKS: Silverado/Avalanche