Not open for further replies.
Here's a new one:

Revived William Jennings Bryan vs. revived Nelson Rockefeller

genusmap.php

Here's a new one:

Revived William Jennings Bryan vs. revived Nelson Rockefeller

genusmap.php
Cool map. And a very good one.
Alhough I would give Utah, Wyoming and maybe Idaho (there are many libertarians and loyal Republicans) to Rockefeller and Vermont and PA to Bryan (Bernie supporters would probably support Bryan).
So, the map would look like this IMO

Bryan_Nelson.png

Also, tried to make revived Wilson vs revived Coolidge
Some of Wilson's racist views would probably hurt him in some blue states such as IL and NM.

wilson_coolidge.png

Cool map. And a very good one.
Alhough I would give Utah, Wyoming and maybe Idaho (there are many libertarians and loyal Republicans) to Rockefeller and Vermont and PA to Bryan (Bernie supporters would probably support Bryan).
So, the map would look like this IMO

View attachment 373939
I think Bryan's religiosity combined with his populism would allow him to win Utah against a liberal Republican like Rockefeller. I wasn't too sure about Idaho or Wyoming but I think Bryan is still a better fit for them than Rockefeller is. As for Vermont, it soundly rejected him all three times IRL and has historically been a bastiton of liberal Republicanism so I gave it to Rockefeller with over 60% of the vote. Pennselvanyia would be a pure toss-up with Rockefeller doing very well in the Philly suburbs and Bryan doing equally well in the working class rural areas of Western PA.

I think Bryan's religiosity combined with his populism would allow him to win Utah against a liberal Republican like Rockefeller. I wasn't too sure about Idaho or Wyoming but I think Bryan is still a better fit for them than Rockefeller is. As for Vermont, it soundly rejected him all three times IRL and has historically been a bastiton of liberal Republicanism so I gave it to Rockefeller with over 60% of the vote. Pennselvanyia would be a pure toss-up with Rockefeller doing very well in the Philly suburbs and Bryan doing equally well in the working class rural areas of Western PA.
I understand. You are probably right about Utah and PA. As for Vermont, it is not really the same Vermont from 100 years ago, now it is a bastiton of economic leftism...

Also, tried to make revived Wilson vs revived Coolidge
Some of Wilson's racist views would probably hurt him in some blue states such as IL and NM.

Given that the Libertarians nearly edged over 5% there, and the fact that Wilson would go down like a cup of cold sick in Portland, I would flip Oregon too in this scenario.

Last edited:
I understand. You are probably right about Utah and PA. As for Vermont, it is not really the same Vermont from 100 years ago, now it is a bastiton of economic leftism...
Rockefeller is/was economically pretty liberal. Of course Bryan was more liberal on economic issues than Rockefeller, but Rockefeller would certainly be the most liberal Republican to hold elected office if he were still alive today.

Rockefeller is/was economically pretty liberal. Of course Bryan was more liberal on economic issues than Rockefeller, but Rockefeller would certainly be the most liberal Republican to hold elected office if he were still alive today.
Okay, in that case, it makes sense.

Literally every state has changed so much since Coolidge's time :openedeyewink:
Yeah, but Vermont has changed more radically than others.
Can you imagine what Coolidge would think of Sanders? And the fact he has won landslides in both of his US Senate runs? And looks set to get another?

Status
Not open for further replies.