Alternate Electoral Maps II

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this timeline, Carter easily wins re-election in 1980, and the Democratic party basically returns to its roots as a primarily Southern Party, while the GOP does very well in the North and West. this is what the 2016 Presidential Election looks like in this world, on the county level. I've only finished the South thus far, but I thought I'd post it because it's quite interesting... I'll post the full map when I finish it.
gVU4hSF.jpg
*dixe plays quietly in the backround*

Moderate (Gas): 162
National Union (Coal): 114
Future (Nuclear): 89
Democratic-Green (Renewable): 62
Republican (Petroleum): 3
Independents (Other Power Sources): 5

Result: Future-Moderate Coalition

US_House_2016.png

In this timeline, Carter easily wins re-election in 1980, and the Democratic party basically returns to its roots as a primarily Southern Party, while the GOP does very well in the North and West. this is what the 2016 Presidential Election looks like in this world, on the county level. I've only finished the South thus far, but I thought I'd post it because it's quite interesting... I'll post the full map when I finish it.
gVU4hSF.jpg

And this would be the state map in a close election:
genusmap.php

Illinois, California, Ohio, and New York are the deciding states.

gVU4hSF.jpg
Reminds me of my old R north / D south map from this summer...

SZul8rS.png

mnjf3o1.png

genusmap-13.png

The 1980 Presidential Election
Progressive Senator John Anderson defeated President Jimmy Carter 39-35 last night, and by a 328-206 margin in the electoral college, the largest progressive win since Dwight Eisenhower's re-election in 1960, with the exception of 1964. Former Vice President Ronald Reagan managed only 24% of the vote, and managed to win only staunchly conservative Utah, the worst republican performance since Nixon's collapse in 1972.

Once again WOW!!!

Also, with regards to maps of parties, I don't expect you to make one of every single party, I would never expect that given how much effort is required to produce them. I think that the parties that maps should be made about should be: Greens, Right-Wing parties (Republicans, Constitution, Social Credit, Libertarians, Democrats) and a combined ethnic parties map (Black Panther, Asian Action, Hispanos Unidos, Black Baptist Bloc)

And also, any chance of a world map, as I would be very interested to see what the world looks like in this TL.
Thanks for the suggestions, I make sure to keep them in mind. And as for a world map I haven't thought much about it beyond just the major world powers so I'm not planning on making anything beyond the USA before I finish the vast majority of states at least.

View attachment 358550
RIP John Anderson
1922-2017
View attachment 358562
The 1980 Presidential Election
Progressive Senator John Anderson defeated President Jimmy Carter 39-35 last night, and by a 328-206 margin in the electoral college, the largest progressive win since Dwight Eisenhower's re-election in 1960, with the exception of 1964. Former Vice President Ronald Reagan managed only 24% of the vote, and managed to win only staunchly conservative Utah, the worst republican performance since Nixon's collapse in 1972.
I'll take a shot at it as well.
ice_screenshot_20171204-152708.png

Here's the finished version of my "Carter wins re-election" 2016 county map. This represents a close election, and I plan on doing maps for GOP and Democratic landslides based on this idea as well.
voynAs6.jpg

How do African-Americans and Hispanics vote ITTL?
African-Americans are still heavily Democratic, but slightly less so than IOTL. They would normally vote something like 85-15 D in a close election. Hispanics outside of Texas and New Mexico are swing voters, but are heavily Democratic in those two states due to pretty much everyone being heavily Democratic in those states.

Status
Not open for further replies.