Alternate Electoral Maps II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really.

This is Discussion Board, not a Image Board. This has been policy for a very long time.
But this thread is specifically for images
I get the issue with making separate posts, but I don’t get the issue with posting many under a spoiler within the same post

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
I get the issue with making separate posts, but I don’t get the issue with posting many under a spoiler within the same post
Are you arguing that the entire Forum for Maps should be eliminated? That seems somewhat extreme. The idea of posting ANY images is to generate discussion, not to post images for the sake of posting them.

Again, there are many terrific image hosting site out there, many members use them and seem to find them a great deal of fun (I can't draw a straight line with a ruler, so map creation isn't exactly my kettle of fish, so I may take a stroll through those sites, I am not really able to be a contributor). This Board, however, is not an Image based site.

Lastly, I would point out that the spamming of images in this tread that resulted in my message was reported by a member. The Mods do not actively patrol the Board looking for issues.

Are you arguing that the entire Forum for Maps should be eliminated? That seems somewhat extreme. The idea of posting ANY images is to generate discussion, not to post images for the sake of posting them.

Again, there are many terrific image hosting site out there, many members use them and seem to find them a great deal of fun (I can't draw a straight line with a ruler, so map creation isn't exactly my kettle of fish, so I may take a stroll through those sites, I am not really able to be a contributor). This Board, however, is not an Image based site.

Lastly, I would point out that the spamming of images in this tread that resulted in my message was reported by a member. The Mods do not actively patrol the Board looking for issues.
Ah ok thank you for the clarification :)

While he was definitely breaking the three image rule, the main problem I have with those post was that he spammed four different images, appearing to be the same election year, just with different candidates. There is also the fact that he didn't really include a write up for any of them

Republican Primaries of 1980: Reagan Does a Little Bit Worse

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 9.06.42 AM.png

Mississippi is seen as the "smiling face of the Conservative South". It doesn't have the vote-rigging machine that South Carolina does, or the harsh voting restriction laws that Alabama and Arkansas have. Mississippi's elections are often quite competitive, due to high amounts of African-American turnout after watching what happened in bordering states. In fact, they even elected America's first African-American Governor, Charles Evers, twenty years after the Civil Rights Act of 1963 passed. However, in recent years, the elections have become less competitive, with the Left fracturing, but in 2014, Johnny DuPree united the left and ran a fantastic campaign against Conservative Mike Parker. With Parker being seen as the guy who messed up Mississippi's education system, DuPree seemed to have a natural advantage. DuPree used that advantage the entire campaign, and the split-off campaign of Shawn O'Hara hurt matters for Conservatives.

uU_9kKAWPQVn2lKgE6mF5N5q75gkwmd8RWVgLd1GeAqQAbEx_u9ePMnv10JhAajokjnJmh8LS3GPGV4iNckGgB6biNSwo8yYm2jeueDoqR6SRLVNOcjQqdf2JaPINlK-0hRjD1Mm

Johnny DuPree (United Left Coalition of Mississippi) 52.2% PV
Mike Parker (Conservative-State's Rights) 42.4% PV
Shawn O'Hara (True Conservative) 5.4% PV

North Dakota seems like a normal middle-of-the country state. The Farmer's Alliance dominates in North Dakota, like they had in what seems like millions of states. The difference is that North Dakota is actually dominated by two machines. While the Farmer's Alliance controls most of the state, the Native Alliance controls most of Sioux County and other areas with high Native-American population. In recent years after so long with Farmer's Alliance dominating, the Native Alliance have begun to have support from more reform-minded individuals. Due to the big-tents of both parties the United Citizens for Liberty finally began to compete in a state that they could've been completive in for years. However, a bad campaign from Faith Spotted Eagle, and the relative unknown of UCL candidate Marty Riske kept the Farmer's Alliance in power.

rdKkR8gJpkBe04XGWKDwUR9Sq30SC_eWuL_mXm8KeMQdzG0uf512BksNhQAwY9CdBbLT46wdvu-CxIe6e8C5-iwqkDTkO1YoD89WqFO3wrYf6rt6m3ZDGkBNq9KXrqNfFx4Jz7pl

Doug Burgum (Farmer's Alliance) 64.3% PV

Marky Riske (United Citizens for Liberty) 20.4% PV
Faith Spotted Eagle (Native Alliance) 15.3% PV

The U.S. Presidential election of 2084 was the last Presidential election to use the Electoral College. The anti-electoral movement, headed by the organization Vote Directly, or “VD” for short, had culminated in it being a primary issue during the past three presidential campaigns. In 2084, to the delight of supporters of VD, all three major-party candidates supported the EC's abolition, which finally occurred in 2087, almost exactly 300 years after its establishment.

The three major candidates for the Presidency in 2084 were of the Constitution, Bluecollar, and Green parties. The Republican Party had finally met its death under the dictatorial Presidency of Eric F. Trump (2029-2040). That dark period in America’s history was followed by a string of Democratic Presidents from 2041 to 2065, but in 2064 a long-developing rift between the progressive “Green” Democrats and the more centrist “Bluecollar” Democrats led to the Democratic party splitting up as well. America’s first Green President served from 2065 to 2073. Meanwhile, the Constitution party grew in size to eventually absorb most former Republican voters, with the remaining Republicans joining the Bluecollars.

This election’s Bluecollar nominee was incumbent President James Lazarus Kennedy, a distant relative of Presidents John F. and Mark Kennedy. The Constitution nominee was controversial retired US Military General Maximillian “Skullf@#ker” Schloeffler, who sought a militaristic approach to combating worldwide sea rises. The Greens nominated US Senator Zosey Grandeen, the first nominee of a major party to sport artificial cyborg eyeballs.

In October, President Kennedy quickly responded to an accident off the coast of Arizona (a state no longer landlocked thanks to 2037's Third Mexican-American War) that left several underwater “seadome” houses destroyed. The incident highlighted Kennedy’s leadership skills. Kennedy ultimately won by a comfortable margin due to his liberal stance on robot-human marriages, his quick response to disaster, and his past history of managing a consistent record while in the US Senate.

ey7CkQg.png

US Pres. J. Lazarus Kennedy (B) – 287
Gen. Maximillian P. Schloeffler (C) – 190
Sen. Zosimos “Zosey” Grandeen (G) – 64

541 total, 271 needed to win

President Kennedy's 2084 victory was narrower than his 2080 victory. Again the states of California and Texas were heavily fought over while several coastal swing states drew attention as well, such as Louisiana and Connecticut. The most surprising state result was Puerto Rico’s decision to vote for the Constitution candidate, though its plurality of only 39% has been attributed to the rising number of Caucasian-Americans moving into the state coupled by the state’s Bluecollar governor facing numerous scandals. Illinois narrowly went red for similar reasons.

The U.S. Presidential election of 2084 was the last Presidential election to use the Electoral College. The anti-electoral movement, headed by the organization Vote Directly, or “VD” for short, had culminated in it being a primary issue during the past three presidential campaigns. In 2084, to the delight of supporters of VD, all three major-party candidates supported the EC's abolition, which finally occurred in 2087, almost exactly 300 years after its establishment.

The three major candidates for the Presidency in 2084 were of the Constitution, Bluecollar, and Green parties. The Republican Party had finally met its death under the dictatorial Presidency of Eric F. Trump (2029-2040). That dark period in America’s history was followed by a string of Democratic Presidents from 2041 to 2065, but in 2064 a long-developing rift between the progressive “Green” Democrats and the more centrist “Bluecollar” Democrats led to the Democratic party splitting up as well. America’s first Green President served from 2065 to 2073. Meanwhile, the Constitution party grew in size to eventually absorb most former Republican voters, with the remaining Republicans joining the Bluecollars.

This election’s Bluecollar nominee was incumbent President James Lazarus Kennedy, a distant relative of Presidents John F. and Mark Kennedy. The Constitution nominee was controversial retired US Military General Maximillian “Skullf@#ker” Schloeffler, who sought a militaristic approach to combating worldwide sea rises. The Greens nominated US Senator Zosey Grandeen, the first nominee of a major party to sport artificial cyborg eyeballs.

In October, President Kennedy quickly responded to an accident off the coast of Arizona (a state no longer landlocked thanks to 2037's Third Mexican-American War) that left several underwater “seadome” houses destroyed. The incident highlighted Kennedy’s leadership skills. Kennedy ultimately won by a comfortable margin due to his liberal stance on robot-human marriages, his quick response to disaster, and his past history of managing a consistent record while in the US Senate.

ey7CkQg.png

US Pres. J. Lazarus Kennedy (B) – 287
Gen. Maximillian P. Schloeffler (C) – 190
Sen. Zosimos “Zosey” Grandeen (G) – 64

541 total, 271 needed to win

President Kennedy's 2084 victory was narrower than his 2080 victory. Again the states of California and Texas were heavily fought over while several coastal swing states drew attention as well, such as Louisiana and Connecticut. The most surprising state result was Puerto Rico’s decision to vote for the Constitution candidate, though its plurality of only 39% has been attributed to the rising number of Caucasian-Americans moving into the state coupled by the state’s Bluecollar governor facing numerous scandals. Illinois narrowly went red for similar reasons.
Surely Utah and Alabama vote Republican before Illinois? What caused this

I am posting another map, this time of a future election taking place in a alternate timeline: the election of 2020, between a popular, centrist Democrat and an unpopular, "extreme" Republican. This is not another "Rutherford" map. The map is below:

This is a 49-state win for the Democrat. The first question is: which state is the Republican holdout? And also, which states are close, which ones are not, and what would the vote by racial demographic, as well as the vote overall, look like?​

Idaho or Wyoming, I think.

They said it was a Trump landslide (perish the thought), so I'd assume some states should've flipped.
No, although Idaho and Wyoming are both close. The Democrat (Holland) wins Wyoming by 1.83% and Idaho by 8.25%. I can give you a hint: it is a Southern state.

Status
Not open for further replies.