Alternate Electoral Maps II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
I was just asking you a question, and I didn't mean to get you angry like this. But I understand what you are saying, though I still think that it might have been overly harsh just to cast out Tex Arkana for this one and only transgression. But this isn't my site. I will make sure that if ever I post anything that is not of my own doing, that I provide the exact source.
Not angry. Making sure it was clear.

The member was put on the beach for a week, not Banned for all time.

I would suggest that citing source is generally a good idea overall.

2020: Biden vs Trump
PPP poll: Biden 56%, Trump 38% in 2020 matchup
genusmap.php

Joe Biden/-Democratic: 432 EV 56.18%
President Donald Trump/Mike Pence-Republican: 106 EV 38.07%

Ok but let's be honest he woulnt do that well he'd probably just repeat Obama 2012 I doubt he'd flip any red states save Arizona maaaaaybe

fashbasher

Banned
Battle of the Samoans: Dwayne Johnson/Pat Toomey vs. Tulsi Gabbard/Sherrod Brown (or Hickenlooper or Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan)

opUAhEr.png

Johnson wins Florida (his state of residence) and Nevada, and is able to compete well in Virginia as a moderate who can appeal to suburban voters and who is able to crack the double digits among blacks (he's 50% Black Canadian), but his affluence and being seen as an out-of-touch "Hollywood Republican" hurts him in the Rust Belt, allowing Gabbard to pick up Wisconsin, Michigan, and Ohio and tie Iowa and Pennsylvania.

Ok but let's be honest he woulnt do that well he'd probably just repeat Obama 2012 I doubt he'd flip any red states save Arizona maaaaaybe

That was the current poll. Most likely it'd be closer. Biden could win Arizona, North Carolina, maybe Georgia or stretching it Texas (Trump only won it by 9%, halving Romney's margin). NE-02 was very close so it'd probably flip. Maybe if Trump is a complete disaster and seen as such (impeached and acquitted with 65 votes to convict?) then such a scenario would be possible.

South Carolina is a well-known Conservative State, however, its corruption is less known, or even ignored. The State has voted Conservative every year since the party was created. When African-Americans were given the complete right to vote, the Conservative Party began to fear its dominance. Governor Strom Thurmond was the first to begin the "Death of Democracy". Thurmond often corrupted the state secretary of state and in one famous incident ordered the state police to arrest a political opponent. This would be forgotten after Thurmond left and Fritz Hollings, Lee Atwater, and Carol Campbell became governor, but the issue still remained. By 2014, the Conservatives destroyed too many candidates in the past, that by 2006 and 2010 there was no opponent to the conservatives. The same was expected for 2014. However, Jesse Jackson ran a campaign under the Rainbow Coalition ticket. While Jackson was quite popular with the African-American community in South Carolina, he couldn't stop the machine, and corruption prevailed. However, he did well enough in Orangeburg and Allendale that even the Machine didn't want to erase it.

ihGlqq26UZLW6R4R30plppFjjlQ1nLrm49a5r87V043z-CR-4HG0uTTNRDscYhtA2ct1Z24sk9HdPfO4MMbmsK768xO6kjX5EsYDr1WOb_AKZehPOX6rhpqlscV9hFu6Ar81SvM7

Lee Atwater (Conservative-State's Rights) 68.3% PV
Jesse Jackson (Rainbow Coalition) 31.6%

Deleted member 83898

Sorry I didn't mean you but that I've heard Republicans say Warren or Bernie would lose in a landslide because they're too left-wing which is completely unrealistic(at best for them they'd pull another narrow win, at worst they'd lose in a landslide)
Exactly. As a Republican, I am much more wary of Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders than I am of Dems like Cory Booker or Amy Klobuchar.

Under the right circumstances, I think that the former two would be capable of effecting a comprehensive and irreversible realignment in the direction of "free stuff"; a repeat of FDR.

Exactly. As a Republican, I am much more wary of Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders than I am of Dems like Cory Booker or Amy Klobuchar.

Under the right circumstances, I think that the former two would be capable of effecting a comprehensive and irreversible realignment in the direction of "free stuff"; a repeat of FDR.

I do think that the last sentence could be where American politics is heading.

It's certainly possible, the economy is doing good right now, but a shift in that could bring on the sort of economic left wing populism that was around in the late 2000's and early 2010's.

Status
Not open for further replies.