AHFA 2020 World Cup

Occitania now has kits and a 23 player roster, also I may be running ahead here but maybe we can device a sort of ranking to divide teams into 4 pots for the group draw. We can base this rating on the OTL Fifa world Ranking, Strength of the squad, and hypothetical historical performance in the World Cup.

Here's how I could divide the groups:
Pot 1 = Teams who are the expected favorites to win the tournament + the host nation
Pot 2= Teams who are expected to make it deep into the tournament
Pot 3 =Teams who are expected to make it out of the group stages
Pot 4=Teams who are expected to not get out the group stages

Team: Republic of China
Republic of China (South China)
[Flag is same as OTL]

Unavngivet.png

(All provinces including and south of Xinjiang, Gansu, Ninxia, some of Inner Mongolia and Shaanxi, Hubei, some of Henan, Anhui, Jiangsu. Does not include areas part of TTL Tibet. Does include Macau and Hong Kong)
Nickname: The Dragons
Home Stadium, City:
Home Kit:
All blue
Away Kit: All green
Coach: Arsene Wenger

Roster
Goalkeepers:
Yan Junling

Yapp Hung Fai
Zeng Cheng
Defenders:
Chen Ting-yang
Chen Yi-wei
Li Ang
Mei Fang

Ming Tian
Shi Ke
Zhu Chenjie
Midfielders:
Chen Po-liang
Will Donkin
Feng Jin
Hao Junmin
(Captain)
Li Hang
Liu Binbin
Liu Yun
Zhang Xizhe
Forwards:
Chen Hao-wei
Li Mao

Wei Shihao
Wu Lei
Zhang Yuning

Last edited:
Republic of China (South China)

View attachment 535074
(All provinces including and south of Xinjiang, Gansu, Ninxia, some of Inner Mongolia and Shaanxi, Hubei, some of Henan, Anhui, Jiangsu. Does not include areas part of TTL Tibet. Does include Macau and Hong Kong)
Nickname: The Dragons
Home Stadium, City:
Home Kit:
All blue
Away Kit: All green
Coach: Arsene Wenger

Roster
Goalkeepers:

Yan Junling
Yapp Hung Fai
Zeng Cheng
Defenders:
Chen Ting-yang
Chen Yi-wei
Li Ang
Mei Fang
Ming Tian
Shi Ke
Zhu Chenjie
Midfielders:
Chen Po-liang
Will Donkin
Feng Jin
Hao Junmin (Captain)
Li Hang
Liu Binbin
Liu Yun
Zhang Xizhe
Forwards:
Chen Hao-wei
Li Mao
Wei Shihao
Wu Lei
Zhang Yuning
Great! Accepted.

On another note, would it maybe make sense to expand some of the nations? I think it's pretty much impossible to have a North America without really messy borders otherwise. Although I suppose the lore of it doesn't matter that much.

On another note, would it maybe make sense to expand some of the nations? I think it's pretty much impossible to have a North America without really messy borders otherwise. Although I suppose the lore of it doesn't matter that much.
Yeah if players would like to work that out they may. Personally while I am not a big fan of the borders, I am willing to keep them as map aesthetics is secondary in my mind.

11 more teams to go!
We'll open this up to second teams in a few days if we don't get a massive influx of submissions.

@everyone PLEASE note that we have a lot of European states, and while we will necessitate the same number of teams from each continent, it would be nice to have more African, South American, and Asian teams.

Keep in mind OTL Europe actually has 13 spots while North America has 3/4. Not that it really matters. I suppose we'll want at least 1 team from Oceania and two more from Africa. And also some more from South America.

Team: Republic of Provence
Team: Republic of Provence
Nickname: The Yellow Lys
Home Stadium, City: Allianz Riviera, Nice
Home Kit: White with a shade of yellow and blue
Away Kit: Blue with a shade of white and yellow
Coach: Patrick Vieira

Roster (23 players) - Bold for projected starters
Goalkeepers:

Yoan Cardinale (Nice)
Hugo Lloris (Tottenham) (C)
Salvador Sirigu (Cagliari FC)
Defenders:
Wesley Fofana (Saint-Etienne)

Oussama Haddadi (Dijon)
Lucas Hernandez (Atletico Madrid)
Theo Hernandez (Milan AC)

Layvin Kurzawa (Monaco)
Yassine Meriah (Olympiakos)
Malang Sarr (Nice)
Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa (AS Rome)
Midfielders:

Mohamed Ali Ben Romdhane (Tunis FC)
Benjamin Andre (Lille)
Nicolo Barella (Inter Milan)
Jordan Ferri (Manchester City)
Ferjani Sassi (Metz)
Stefano Sturaro (Genes CFC)
Forwards:
Ludovic Ajorque (Strasbourg)

Bilal Boutobba (FC Sevilla)
Valere Germain (Monaco)
Franck Honorat (Nice)
Wahbi Khazri (Marseille)
Youssef Msakni (ES Tunis)

@Xibalba Do you mind leaving me the Provençal region ? You have enough talent in the Lyonnais region and well à Provence team with no Provence doesn’t make sense ^^

I wouldn't mind gobbling up the "Bosnian" area between United Neutral, Venetian Republic and Banat Republic. But maybe someone can create a new country there?