AHC: Make Spain win the Chincha Wars against Chile & Peru

Alternate History Challenge, what would happen if Spain manages to win against Chile & Peru through pure luck (like this battle https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles_of_La_Naval_de_Manila)?

What would happen to Chile & Peru afterwards? Become an autonomous Spanish colony? A protectorate like how Cuba became a Protectorate to the U.S? What would this affects happen during the Spanish-American war?

Bonus Points: Make Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil join in this fight against Chile & Peru whilst the Paraguayan War happens, another bonus point if Spain manages to secure an Alliance with Brazil and it's former colony of Argentina.

It was gunboat diplomacy meant to re-establish some level of Spanish influence over their former colonies. If they win, Spain gets nice economic concessions and a nice boost to national morale.

Realistically, they aren't getting any further than Peru, since they didn't have nearly enough ships and troops to fight a war with Chile at the same time, given Chile's very long sea coast and the fact the nearest Spanish bases are in the Caribbean and on the other side of the Pacific. Spain only extended the war as a threat to Chile anyway.

I don't think Spain can re-colonize Peru. At most, i can see them getting useful economic concessions, such as the Chincha Islands (the main excuse for the war) and the port of El Callao as a "Spanish Hong Kong".

I don't think Spain can re-colonize Peru. At most, i can see them getting useful economic concessions, such as the Chincha Islands (the main excuse for the war) and the port of El Callao as a "Spanish Hong Kong".
Would this really go unchallenged?

I even doubt Spain could get a concessión in el Callao Is too close to Lima, Is like asking to put a knife on The side of your ear, Is just a no.

carte

In respect to the original question, Spain could easily win The war againts Perú alone, but in The moment Chile enter The war spain lose Any posibility to win, Chilean navy was better than anything Spain have in América and working closer to their supply lines.

That being said Is almost imposible to stop The Chilean intervention, as was Chile The one to DOW Spain for their intervention in Perú, in fear that a demostration of weakness will lead to the European power smell blood in the water and a try to colonize South América Again

I missed this thread but here goes.

In respect to the original question, Spain could easily win The war againts Perú alone, but in The moment Chile enter The war spain lose Any posibility to win, Chilean navy was better than anything Spain have in América and working closer to their supply lines.

Not quite.

IIRC, the Chilean Navy at the time was composed of only the Esmeralda, which was already 10 years old and the steamer Maipo. The capture of the Covadonga at Papudo strengthened the Chilean Navy by quite a lot, but not enough.

The Chilean Navy was almost non-existent due to that absolutely wonderful policy of "Ah, who needs navies? It's not like we're going to war anytime soon!".

That war ended that, but the fact remains.

The real strength lies in the Peruvian Navy.

In this case, the balance of naval power wouldn't change until the arrival of Cochrane and Blanco Encalada in 1874/75.

There is a reason why the joint fleet remained in Southern Chile. The Spanish Navy was too powerful to defeat in open combat for both of them.

That is why Valparaiso got bombarded. To repay the favor for the Covadonga's capture and because of the impossibility of getting the joint fleet to leave Chiloé.

The only way in which the Spanish can win is Williams Rebolledo being incompetent which...oh yeah, War of the Pacific. But that was a different situation. Or, alternatively, Spain somehow defeats Peru's defenses at Callao.

Either way, all that Spain will end up getting is reparations and some economic concessions.