A Pre-Columbian North American Timeline Planning Thread

Should I Write This Timeline?

• Yes!

Votes: 29 93.5%
  • No!

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was thought that they were the people that were related to the arctic groups that is my bad. I confused them with the Dorset

Lol, sometimes it's hard to remember exactly who's who in pre-Columbian America. The other day I confused the Chipewyan with the Cheyenne.

And speaking of the Dorset, there's your winner! Though of course they won't go by that name, and they'll be very different culturally, for better or worse.

I'm very interested to know how New Jersey in particular will develop in this timeline, I'm looking forward to seeing what Algonquian culture will establish itself in the area long-term, what sets it apart from its neighbors, and how well they'll fare against European colonialism.

I'm very interested to know how New Jersey in particular will develop in this timeline, I'm looking forward to seeing what Algonquian culture will establish itself in the area long-term, what sets it apart from its neighbors, and how well they'll fare against European colonialism.

I have a few tricks up my sleeve in that regard. Do you have any predictions/ideas in particular?

Predictions or a NJ-based county in your timeline, it could be one of the bigger powers in the American Northeast with a noticeably high population and an even higher population density, while only a step behind technologically compared to the oldest Algonquian civilizations, they more than make up for it with a higher population, better shipbuilding and sea navigation, and their strong friendship and trade with the Taino.

To many nations of the Northeast, the Algonquians see the NJ-based region as a land of deserts, luxury, and hedonism. They are the lead producers and exporters of the sweetest pastries and the finest wines. With access to deer's milk, turkey eggs, maple syrup, and a wide assortment of berries (cranberries, raspberries, strawberries, etc.), cookies, cakes and pies are among the sweetest in the Americas, while the cranberry and raspberry wines are nothing less than exquisite. The NJ-based region is also the only place in the Northeast woodlands in which popcorn is even remotely common and affordable to the common peasant, thanks to frequent trade with the Taino, who also provide foreign fruit from the Caribbean and the amazon, though those are more restricted to the upper class, and the only time peasants could enjoy such luxury is during the most expensive of parties.

Speaking of parties, the NJ-region is also known for its celebrations and its active nightlife, as well as its peoples more enlightened and self-aware pursuit of happiness (personal or public). Whatever personal free time people have, they try to make the most out of it, whether its resting lazily, fulfilling their curiosity, or living the 'good life' of 'maximum pleasure and minimum pain' of financial security, diet of sweets, and forbidden love with guaranteed reproductive success and a long line of descendances. Philosophy, literature and the arts are very important, many civilians are more 'creative and imaginative' on average, a peasant boy longing to live like a spoiled prince surrounded by lovely ladies (for example) is acknowledged more frequently by all people of across the social tiers, to a point where many civilians question their own existence. Regardless, the general population of the country is more enlightened than educated, and people already have better schooling than most civilizations of the Algonquian culture sphere, they're also among the first to provide special education to the intellectually disabled.

Pastries and Pleasure aside, the NJ-based region are also characterized by having red and black as their theme colors, referencing to the turkey vulture and the black vulture respectively, which are important animals to their culture. The red represents love and pleasure, the black represents heartbreak and pain, and while red more likely represents life, both colors also symbolizes death, with red representing a good afterlife in which one can restart or continue life under more favorable financial and social conditions, only remembering the good times of one's life, while the black represents damnation, where one only remembers the bad stuff in life, and is filled with sadness and rage that he didn't get the life he wanted, filling with bitter, grudge-baring resentment until he is driven mad or tires himself into eternal sleep, usually both in that order. While vultures are seen as the grim reapers, they also represent the clergy, while the owls represent the aristocracy, the eagles representing the bureaucracy, and little birdies like finches, cardinals, jays and passenger pigeons represent the common man, but the real heroes are the crows and ravens, the most famous of which is the rainbow raven, which once brought red crimson fire from the sun and give to all the animals during wintertime, at the expense of its colorful plumage which turned black as ebony. The most important mammal by far is the white-tailed deer, which not only is a domesticated animal, but the civilization's mascot alongside vultures. Wild white-tails also have dual symbolism, deer could either be the great prince of the forest which guards nature and order, or they could be bad and turn into jersey devils which cause forest fires and destruction, like dragons of European folklore. Dogs are portrayed as loyal in folklore, dogs represent friendship, and are considered best friends with humans, and hounds in particular have a strong friendship with foxes both domesticated and wild. Foxes are very noble in folklore, as apposed to bunnies, hares, rabbits and wabbits, which are portrayed as dishonest tricksters who raid fields and steal crops that the foxes try to guard, as such, bunnies and foxes have a huge rivalry with each other in fairy tales, albeit most of their conflicts are comedic.

Due to trade, the NJ-based region had more direct contact with the Taino than most Algonquian cultures north of the tidewater regions, thus many Taino sailors settled in the NJ-based region. Though many individual Taino sailors settled all over the Atlantic coast of both North and South America, NJ Algonquians do come at second, but they get first place when only compared to other Algonquian civilizations.

Due to having a more condensed population, whatever disease arises is going to spread faster and have a higher death toll compared to most other places in the Americas. Despite higher death tolls, there will still be more survives thanks to an overall higher population, and populations can recover slightly faster despite the greater loss. This also means natives of the NJ-based region could better adapt to diseases brought by the Europeans, thus they remain more populated when Europeans begin to establish settlements. While most of the Atlantic coast might be settled by the English, the NJ-based region might be settled by the Dutch instead, and several centuries later, immigrants from Naples, Sicily, Germany, Wales, Provençal and Occitan France, Picardy, Normandy, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Hungary, Romania, Greece and the Ukraine, which makes the NJ-based region noticeable for having a higher native population AND having a more varied European population. Not only that, most of the Native American diaspora living in continental Europe originally came from the NJ-based region, with the biggest communities in Paris, Marseille, Naples, Sicily, Munich, Budapest and Bucharest.

Those are just a few ideas I had, many of which I might save for when writing my own timeline, few paragraphs are more philosophical than standard predictions, but I wanted to know your thought on those ideas.

I was wondering how are you going to make the names for this time. I know they would be constructed from pre existing roots words but how does a person go about making this names for a timeline? What is the construction process I really want to know? Also what will you do for groups that have no evidence for what their language looked like for example the dorest?

Predictions or a NJ-based county in your timeline, it could be one of the bigger powers in the American Northeast with a noticeably high population and an even higher population density, while only a step behind technologically compared to the oldest Algonquian civilizations, they more than make up for it with a higher population, better shipbuilding and sea navigation, and their strong friendship and trade with the Taino.

Eerily close to what I had in mind. They'll be very important when it comes to trade, being smack in the middle of the Eastern Seaboard. With that comes shipbuilding technology (they'll be heavily influenced by the Caribbean in this regard). Closer trade relations with the Taino is a good idea. I had that to a limited extent, but now that you've mentioned it there's definitely an interesting relationship to explore there. As a possible jumping off point for this trade, a Taino presence established in Bermuda would be useful as a halfway point.

To many nations of the Northeast, the Algonquians see the NJ-based region as a land of deserts, luxury, and hedonism. They are the lead producers and exporters of the sweetest pastries and the finest wines. With access to deer's milk, turkey eggs, maple syrup, and a wide assortment of berries (cranberries, raspberries, strawberries, etc.), cookies, cakes and pies are among the sweetest in the Americas, while the cranberry and raspberry wines are nothing less than exquisite. The NJ-based region is also the only place in the Northeast woodlands in which popcorn is even remotely common and affordable to the common peasant, thanks to frequent trade with the Taino, who also provide foreign fruit from the Caribbean and the amazon, though those are more restricted to the upper class, and the only time peasants could enjoy such luxury is during the most expensive of parties.

I have a thriving vinicultural economy there ITTL, which will heavily factor into the local cuisine. We'll definitely see the wealthy pay high prices for wines from the region.

The thing about pastries is also similar what I had in mind, though that'll extend to all foods in general, since they'll have easier access to ingredients from far and wide across the continents.

Speaking of parties, the NJ-region is also known for its celebrations and its active nightlife, as well as its peoples more enlightened and self-aware pursuit of happiness (personal or public). Whatever personal free time people have, they try to make the most out of it, whether its resting lazily, fulfilling their curiosity, or living the 'good life' of 'maximum pleasure and minimum pain' of financial security, diet of sweets, and forbidden love with guaranteed reproductive success and a long line of descendances. Philosophy, literature and the arts are very important, many civilians are more 'creative and imaginative' on average, a peasant boy longing to live like a spoiled prince surrounded by lovely ladies (for example) is acknowledged more frequently by all people of across the social tiers, to a point where many civilians question their own existence. Regardless, the general population of the country is more enlightened than educated, and people already have better schooling than most civilizations of the Algonquian culture sphere, they're also among the first to provide special education to the intellectually disabled.

That's a very cool philosophy. I had a concept where the culture there was much more liberal, with a less rigid aristocracy and more individual freedom, but it's definitely not as developed as this. Would love to see how you incorporate this into your own TL, once you get around to it.

Pastries and Pleasure aside, the NJ-based region are also characterized by having red and black as their theme colors, referencing to the turkey vulture and the black vulture respectively, which are important animals to their culture. The red represents love and pleasure, the black represents heartbreak and pain, and while red more likely represents life, both colors also symbolizes death, with red representing a good afterlife in which one can restart or continue life under more favorable financial and social conditions, only remembering the good times of one's life, while the black represents damnation, where one only remembers the bad stuff in life, and is filled with sadness and rage that he didn't get the life he wanted, filling with bitter, grudge-baring resentment until he is driven mad or tires himself into eternal sleep, usually both in that order.

Another cool belief system. I like the idea of a belief system centered on the "half empty, half full" mentality, for lack of a better word.

Side note, did any Algonquian peoples believe in human reincarnation? There's a common mythological motif of humans turning into animals after death, but I can't recall any examples of humans reincarnated into other humans. Though of course, there's always room for ATL religious developments.

While vultures are seen as the grim reapers, they also represent the clergy, while the owls represent the aristocracy, the eagles representing the bureaucracy, and little birdies like finches, cardinals, jays and passenger pigeons represent the common man, but the real heroes are the crows and ravens, the most famous of which is the rainbow raven, which once brought red crimson fire from the sun and give to all the animals during wintertime, at the expense of its colorful plumage which turned black as ebony.

The concept of a bird hierarchy could also easily tie into the clan system, which each clan having a bird as their totem, though it wouldn't necessarily fit in with the theme of the natives in New Jersey being more egalitarian. Could also potentially tie in with the Thunderbirds (a race of legendary birdmen that will evolve into something more complex mythologically ITTL), with different Thunderbirds being associated with different animals based on their function.

Also, funny you should mention Rainbow Crow/Raven...

Due to trade, the NJ-based region had more direct contact with the Taino than most Algonquian cultures north of the tidewater regions, thus many Taino sailors settled in the NJ-based region. Though many individual Taino sailors settled all over the Atlantic coast of both North and South America, NJ Algonquians do come at second, but they get first place when only compared to other Algonquian civilizations.

It would also be interesting to have the Algonquians of New Jersey having a close genetic relationship with the Taino. The most likely variety of this would be Taino wives being taken by Algonquian men. Would definitely be confusing for genealogists ITTL, scratching their heads over why the natives of New Jersey are more closely related matrilineally to the peoples of the Amazon than to their neighbors.

Due to having a more condensed population, whatever disease arises is going to spread faster and have a higher death toll compared to most other places in the Americas. Despite higher death tolls, there will still be more survives thanks to an overall higher population, and populations can recover slightly faster despite the greater loss. This also means natives of the NJ-based region could better adapt to diseases brought by the Europeans, thus they remain more populated when Europeans begin to establish settlements. While most of the Atlantic coast might be settled by the English, the NJ-based region might be settled by the Dutch instead, and several centuries later, immigrants from Naples, Sicily, Germany, Wales, Provençal and Occitan France, Picardy, Normandy, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Hungary, Romania, Greece and the Ukraine, which makes the NJ-based region noticeable for having a higher native population AND having a more varied European population. Not only that, most of the Native American diaspora living in continental Europe originally came from the NJ-based region, with the biggest communities in Paris, Marseille, Naples, Sicily, Munich, Budapest and Bucharest.

Won't say much in this regard (spoilers, obviously), though the idea of such a diverse region would be a dream come true, especially regarding the cuisine.

Those are just a few ideas I had, many of which I might save for when writing my own timeline, few paragraphs are more philosophical than standard predictions, but I wanted to know your thought on those ideas.

They were very interesting tidbits. I can't wait to see what other ideas you have in store for your TL.

I was wondering how are you going to make the names for this time. I know they would be constructed from pre existing roots words but how does a person go about making this names for a timeline? What is the construction process I really want to know? Also what will you do for groups that have no evidence for what their language looked like for example the dorest?

It's very easy once you get the hang of it, but I understand it isn't for everyone. I don't really have a rigid process that works every time, but I have a few set of rules.

In an ideal situation, I find a native name of a place from OTL (they are usually based on physical features), translate it into it's proto-language, and then I say it, simulating morphophonological processes to see how it might have evolved alternatively. I get a bit more detailed, with sound changes associated with each language, but that's a lot of work and I don't expect everyone to do all that.

Unfortunately, that usually only works with Algonquian languages (though I'm fortunate since I'm focusing most of my energy on the family) due to the amount of resources available on the family and it's proto-language. For other families, such as Tunica, we don't really have a lot to go off. In those cases, I try to limit my constructions to basic vocabulary, a few important place names, and personal names.

Speaking of personal names, they're usually the easiest. Most native cultures in the East have simple naming conventions, like the classic adjective/verb and noun combination. ITTL, some cultures will also have names be followed by a surname based on what clan/moeity the person is from.

As far as Dorset/Paleo-Eskimo, I had simultaneously the most frustration and the most fun making those. It's not like I could just handwave their language (once I get to them in the TL you'll understand why). Originally when I first thought of the idea, I was just going to rip off Inuit and pass it off as Paleo-Eskimo (I still cringe at myself for actually thinking this would work), but as I did more research, it became pretty obvious that they were Dene-Yeniseian, likely an intermediate group between the Na-Dene and the Yeniseian languages in Siberia. So I based my reconstructions off that. I'd say that this language takes second place (after the Algonquian languages) in how much I've utilized it.

Probably not very helpful, but that's the brief jist of it.

Expanding on some of my ideas . . .

while the black represents damnation, where one only remembers the bad stuff in life, and is filled with sadness and rage that he didn't get the life he wanted, filling with bitter, grudge-baring resentment until he is driven mad or tires himself into eternal sleep, usually both in that order.

Unless the succubae residing in the black afterlife convinces the poor soul to get over it, and instead drown himself in indulgence and excessive pleasure as compensation until he forgets all the injustice during life, everyone who has ever wrong him, or that he even died in the first place, to a point he's convinced that he's still alive, and get to see the children he has conceived with his harem of succubae, thus saving him from eternal regret and sadness, even if its out if pity. Of course that belief depends of how pessimistic or optimistic an individual is, though the Algonquian aristocracy of the NJ-based region would prefer that the peasantry be optimistic in regards to the black afterlife, regardless, the red afterlife is still the norm for one with an 'average' life.

While most of the Atlantic coast might be settled by the English, the NJ-based region might be settled by the Dutch instead, and several centuries later, immigrants from Naples, Sicily, Germany, Wales, Provençal and Occitan France, Picardy, Normandy, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Hungary, Romania, Greece and the Ukraine, which makes the NJ-based region noticeable for having a higher native population AND having a more varied European population.

Bonus points if the official (or at the very least, de facto) language is a native Algonquian language rather than English or Dutch, especially since most Europeans spoke so many different languages from so many different countries that a common language is required. That being said, native Algonquians of the NJ-based region have a better understanding of the languages the immigrants brought with them; they refer to the German language as Deutsche, Welsh = Cymraeg, Hungarian = Magyar, Finnish = Suomi, due to the larger scale immigration of those speakers compared to OTL. Interestingly, France had one of the biggest amount of immigration to the NJ-based region, yet the majority of those who came from France spoke a regional language other than standard French, instead speaking Occitan, or another Oil language, with Norman and Picard being the biggest. Whether the NJ-based region would adopt the Latin script or conserve their Algonquian script is a different matter, but with a larger Norwegian immigrant population compared to OTL, the difference between Bokmål and Nynorsk becomes an obstacle during translation that needs to be addressed, alongside Greek and Ukrainian, which use the Greek and Cyrillic alphabet respectively rather than the Latin script the rest of the European immigrants use. In addition to Europeans, the NJ-Region might also have a large Taino diaspora for the Northeast Region, and could potentianally receive native American immigrants from neighboring Algonquian nations, and whatever English imigrants the NJ-region might have, would probably come from other parts of Boreamerica, descendants from early colonial settlers, rather than stright from England, which would focus immigration to the former colonies.

Last edited:
Unless the succubae residing in the black afterlife convinces the poor soul to get over it, and instead drown himself in indulgence and excessive pleasure as compensation until he forgets all the injustice during life, everyone who has ever wrong him, or that he even died in the first place, to a point he's convinced that he's still alive, and get to see the children he has conceived with his harem of succubae, thus saving him from eternal regret and sadness, even if its out if pity. Of course that belief depends of how pessimistic or optimistic an individual is, though the Algonquian aristocracy of the NJ-based region would prefer that the peasantry be optimistic in regards to the black afterlife, regardless, the red afterlife is still the norm for one with an 'average' life.

After this, would they proceed to be transferred to the red afterlife?

Bonus points if the official (or at the very least, de facto) language is a native Algonquian language rather than English or Dutch, especially since most Europeans spoke so many different languages from so many different countries that a common language is required. That being said, native Algonquians of the NJ-based region have a better understanding of the languages the immigrants brought with them; they refer to the German language as Deutsche, Welsh = Cymraeg, Hungarian = Magyar, Finnish = Suomi, due to the larger scale immigration of those speakers compared to OTL. Interestingly, France had one of the biggest amount of immigration to the NJ-based region, yet the majority of those who came from France spoke a regional language other than standard French, instead speaking Occitan, or another Oil language, with Norman and Picard being the biggest. Whether the NJ-based region would adopt the Latin script or conserve their Algonquian script is a different matter, but with a larger Norwegian immigrant population compared to OTL, the difference between Bokmål and Nynorsk becomes an obstacle during translation that needs to be addressed, alongside Greek and Ukrainian, which use the Greek and Cyrillic alphabet respectively rather than the Latin script the rest of the European immigrants use. In addition to Europeans, the NJ-Region might also have a large Taino diaspora for the Northeast Region, and could potentianally receive native American immigrants from neighboring Algonquian nations, and whatever English imigrants the NJ-region might have, would probably come from other parts of Boreamerica, descendants from early colonial settlers, rather than stright from England, which would focus immigration to the former colonies.

Again, won't say anything in regard to how this compares to my timeline, but interesting ideas.

Does anyone have any information about tin deposits in North America? I know that they are very scarce in the continental United States, but what about Canada and Alaska? I've read about scattered references for tin mines in these regions, but I'm not too sure about precise locations, or their accessibility to pre-industrial peoples. My plan is to have arsenical bronze as the main method for making bronze in North America, but I also can't rule out copper-tin bronze if it's a possibility. It would also provide an interesting trade with the Arctic that would be cool to explore.

Do you think the natives will discover gold in California, and have their own gold rush in pre-Columbian times? There are lots of gold deposits in the western half of the Americas, both in N. American Rocky Mountains, and the S. American Andes. The Inca had a lot of gold, and with so much of it, they made gold jewelry, artifacts, and many other assorted merchandise. If the natives of California, the Pacific Northwest and the Rocky Mountains took advantage of the whatever gold deposits there were before Europeans show up, how would they use it (decorative or practical) and in what way would it differ from how the Inca utilized it?

Do you think the natives will discover gold in California, and have their own gold rush in pre-Columbian times?

There won't be any gold rushes per se (the circumstances that bring upon those are unique to settler colonialism), but I understand what you mean. Yes, gold will be extensively mined in California, along with other places that contain gold deposits (and there are a lot of those in the Americas).

The Inca had a lot of gold, and with so much of it, they made gold jewelry, artifacts, and many other assorted merchandise. If the natives of California, the Pacific Northwest and the Rocky Mountains took advantage of the whatever gold deposits there were before Europeans show up, how would they use it (decorative or practical) and in what way would it differ from how the Inca utilized it?

There aren't many practical uses for gold (especially for a pre-modern society), so gold will be mostly used for ornamental purposes. As for what specifically the natives will utilize gold to make, you'll have to wait and see. Looking at Inca artifacts might give you a general idea, though not a complete picture. We'll also see gold used as currency (though not necessarily in the form of coinage).

Does anyone have any information about tin deposits in North America? I know that they are very scarce in the continental United States, but what about Canada and Alaska? I've read about scattered references for tin mines in these regions, but I'm not too sure about precise locations, or their accessibility to pre-industrial peoples. My plan is to have arsenical bronze as the main method for making bronze in North America, but I also can't rule out copper-tin bronze if it's a possibility. It would also provide an interesting trade with the Arctic that would be cool to explore.
From checking mindat.org there are tin deposits in Alaska (small amounts in the Alaska Peninsula, and IIRC Prince of Wales Island, but the Seward Peninsula and the Yukon valley has the most), parts of British Columbia (Kimberley area in the southeast corner, sporadically elsewhere), and Nevada (northwestern part of the state, somewhat northeast of Reno). The Alaskan ones I believe are placer deposits (and occur near copper) so could be accessible to an early society, not sure about the others. The Southwest has some tin as well which may be of the same type as that exploited OTL by bronze-using Mesoamerican societies.

From checking mindat.org there are tin deposits in Alaska (small amounts in the Alaska Peninsula, and IIRC Prince of Wales Island, but the Seward Peninsula and the Yukon valley has the most), parts of British Columbia (Kimberley area in the southeast corner, sporadically elsewhere), and Nevada (northwestern part of the state, somewhat northeast of Reno).

Thanks for the source. Interestingly enough, along with the deposits you've mentioned it also says that there's a decent amount of tin deposits in Eastern North America (107 in total), with 101 of those in the Southeastern United States, and the other 6 in New England/Maritimes. Are these deposits accessible to the natives without modern technology? If so, it would be very easy to facilitate a tin bronze age close to home.

The Alaskan ones I believe are placer deposits (and occur near copper) so could be accessible to an early society, not sure about the others.

If true, that's very convenient. I could see tin bronze originating in Alaska, with tin bronze being a scarce commodity in other regions at first, with the alloy becoming more common as tin deposits are found closer to other cultures.

The Southwest has some tin as well which may be of the same type as that exploited OTL by bronze-using Mesoamerican societies.

Oasisamerica also has a large quantity of copper (not as much as the Great Lakes, but its still a very good amount), so I could see tin bronze alternatively originating in the region.

I have some questions about the Amazon culture. Will they keep the recipe and process for the making of terra preta? If so it would make a big impact and in Central America. And I can only imagine the ramifications if the Spanish or some other European group spreads the stuff to Europe and the rest of the world. It would be a game changer in Africa and Southeast Asia even more so if they adopt elements of the Amazonian croup package. Also will their be a unified polity forming around the Amazon river and its tributaries? Being connected to a river system will lend its self to unifications and most settlements were on the Amazon. I picture it has a hybrid of China and Ancient Egypt.
It would have a population like Chinas population and centralization has the vast majority's of settlements are reachable by boats. It would have Egypt's culture of stability has the thick jungles protect their river network. It would be cool to see them base a religion based around reverence of the Amazon. A Hybrid between the Ancient Egyptians view of the nile has a source of stability and life and the Hindu view of the Ganges has a place of spiritual importance and purity. I know this is long but one last thing what would the Amazonian crop package look like please tell me they cultivate the ice cream bean. Can't wait for the timeline didn't you say your making the first post this weekend I can not wait.

Last edited:
I have some questions about the Amazon culture. Will the keep the recipe and process for the making of terra preta? If so it would make a big impact and in Central America.

Yes, slash-and-char agriculture will be widespread in the Americas, though it's a common misconception we lost the process in the first place.

And I can only imagine the ramifications if the Spanish or some other European group spreads the stuff to Europe and the rest of the world. It would be a game changer in Africa and Southeast Asia even more so if they adopt elements of the Amazonian croup package.

We'll see. Don't know if we'll see terra preta in Europe, but Southeast Asia and sub-Saharan Africa are good possibilities.

Also will their be a unified polity forming around the Amazon river and its tributaries? Being connected to a river system will lend its self to unifications and most settlements were on the Amazon. I picture it has a hybrid of China and Ancient Egypt.
It would have a population like Chinas population and centralization has the vast majority's of settlements are reachable by boats. It would have Egypt's culture of stability has the thick jungles protect their river network.

Don't think it will become the home of a singular, unified state, but it is a possibility. If it does, it probably won't last for a significantly long period of time like China or Egypt. Maybe something more akin to Mesopotamia.

It would be cool to see them base a religion based around reverence of the Amazon. A Hybrid between the Ancient Egyptians view of the nile has a source of stability and life and the Hindu view of the Ganges has a place of spiritual importance and purity.

That's a good start. I'll have to do more research on Amazonian religious beliefs, but the Amazon will definitely be considered sacred to some extent.

I know this is long but one last thing what would the Amazonian crop package look like please tell me they cultivate the ice cream bean.

The Amazonian crops of OTL are a pretty good guide to the crops of TTL, with the addition of a few others. As for the ice cream bean, it was cultivated in OTL, so I don't see why not.

Can't wait for the timeline didn't you say your making the first post this weekend I can not wait.

I'm writing the first post as we speak (had a minor delay in my schedule after a good amount of homework and homecoming in the same week), so it should be up any day now. I'd say Wednesday at the very latest.

Probably as it is historically. Everyone had it, everyone used it. It has religious significance and is also enjoyed just for the sake of it.

What role will tobacco play in native culture would it be a luxury good or something a common person could get their hands on.

Probably as it is historically. Everyone had it, everyone used it. It has religious significance and is also enjoyed just for the sake of it.

It'll be very common, but usage will lean more to the spiritual side of things. As in OTL, it is one of the most sacred herbs among the Borealamericans, and will be treated as such.

Sorry for the wait by the way, I completely forgot about replying to this post.