Votes: 12 30.8%
  • TrumanJohnson's

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Konrad Sartorius'

Votes: 11 28.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Ogrebear

So the "Save Draft" did nothing to save it?

It seemed to save it, then after the crash, the post was gone. I suspect the browser session was already corrupt, and the post did not register on the site. The crash also took my draft since like a damm idiot I had not manually saved, but was letting it autosave as I was writing from the top of my head and therefore too busy to bother. Only one at blame here is me for not doing with I tell folk to do on a daily basis- save often!

It seemed to save it, then after the crash, the post was gone. I suspect the browser session was already corrupt, and the post did not register on the site. The crash also took my draft since like a damm idiot I had not manually saved, but was letting it autosave as I was writing from the top of my head and therefore too busy to bother. Only one at blame here is me for not doing with I tell folk to do on a daily basis- save often!
Hopefully, you'll be able to whip something up to replace it. It'd also be a good idea to save your posts on word/notepad before you write them out to make sure.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. The late nineties to early two thousands were probably the best years in a very long time. The Soviet Union was gone, the economy was excellent and people felt really good. 9/11 ended it OTL, but it wasn't overnight. It wasn't until 2004-2005 when the Iraq War changed everything. I don't remember 9/11, I was too young. I can remember the Iraq War, the protests. I knew it wasn't normal at the age of six. Everyone was so anxious.

In this TL, we didn't have 9/11, we had the Iran War. I don't know if it was as bad as Iraq and so I don't know how long the nineties really lasted in this TL.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. The late nineties to early two thousands were probably the best years in a very long time. The Soviet Union was gone, the economy was excellent and people felt really good. 9/11 ended it OTL, but it wasn't overnight. It wasn't until 2004-2005 when the Iraq War changed everything. I don't remember 9/11, I was too young. I can remember the Iraq War, the protests. I knew it wasn't normal at the age of six. Everyone was so anxious.

In this TL, we didn't have 9/11, we had the Iran War. I don't know if it was as bad as Iraq and so I don't know how long the nineties really lasted in this TL.
How long did the 90s really last ITTL?

Deleted member 92121

How long did the 90s really last ITTL?
WHat's a defining moment in the 2000's? I don't remember one. Not a tragedic one at least. It could be the end of Anne Richard's term in 2004. The Iran War wasn't that bad and happened in he first years of the decade. The recession came later then OTL, around 2010. Was there a major ball to the wall terrorist attack at any point?

WHat's a defining moment in the 2000's? I don't remember one. Not a tragedic one at least. It could be the end of Anne Richard's term in 2004. The Iran War wasn't that bad and happened in he first years of the decade. The recession came later then OTL, around 2010. Was there a major ball to the wall terrorist attack at any point?
The largest terrorist attack in the 00's was the King of Prussia attack with 49 deaths. Literally nothing on the scale of 9/11 was even attempted. Not even a semi-failed terrorist attack like the 90's WTC bombing.

Deleted member 92121

The largest terrorist attack in the 00's was the King of Prussia attack with 49 deaths. Literally nothing on the scale of 9/11 was even attempted. Not even a semi-failed terrorist attack like the 90's WTC bombing.
Well if there is cosmic balance, judging the state of the US in the last two decades ITTL, Yellowstone is about to explode and release evil demonic goblins around the country. I mean, we gave this TL every conceivable good tv show, movie, theme park, game, and prevented any major terrorist attacks from happening, any dum dum from getting to the white house, any badly handed unnecessary war from happening. This has become the place where dreams come to become reality.

Well if there is cosmic balance, judging the state of the US in the last two decades ITTL, Yellowstone is about to explode and release evil demonic goblins around the country. I mean, we gave this TL every conceivable good tv show, movie, theme park, game, and prevented any major terrorist attacks from happening, any dum dum from getting to the white house, any badly handed unnecessary war from happening. This has become the place where dreams come to become reality.

So, in essence, its become the exact opposite of No W. Hopefully whatever collaborative timeline succeeds this can balance the good with the bad and not either create an unrealistic sugar bowl or Biden it up.

Deleted member 92121

So, in essence, its become the exact opposite of No W. Hopefully whatever collaborative timeline succeeds this can balance the good with the bad and not either create an unrealistic sugar bowl or Biden it up.
Indeed, well put. Balance is what is needed.

Well we have not included much in the way of natural disasters which should probably still happen regardless of Presidents...

So Katrina, Virginia earthquake, Boxing Day Tsunami, Japanese earthquake/tsunami, Iceland volcano etc etc

Well we have not included much in the way of natural disasters which should probably still happen regardless of Presidents...

So Katrina, Virginia earthquake, Boxing Day Tsunami, Japanese earthquake/tsunami, Iceland volcano etc etc
I did have Mount Vesuvius erupt in 2012.

Time to shake up the Sugar Bowl...

May 4th, 2016: At South Hadley High School, Massachusetts, 17 year old Marcus Wilson sets off two homemade bombs, killing a total of 107 people, including himself. Sources state that Wilson was motivated due to intense bullying and social isolation at school. Wilson, who was a devout Roman Catholic, allegedly said days before the bombing. "My classmates will not be turned away from sin. Perhaps the Lord wants me to enact his will in more extreme ways on them."

Last edited: