• Golfman76's

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • TrumanJohnson's

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Konrad Sartorius'

Votes: 11 28.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 21st, 2013: The animated fantasy adventure series Steven Universe makes its debut on UPN. The series is centered around the adventures of titular character Steven Universe and his guardians known as the Crystal Gems. Featuring the voice talent of Dante Bosco as Steven Universe, Deedee Magno Hall as Pearl, Micaela Dietz as Amethyst and Estelle as Garnet.

Last edited:
May 21st, 2013: The live-action fantasy adventure series Steven Universe makes its debut on The CW. The series is centered around the adventures of titular character Steven Universe and his guardians known as the Crystal Gems. Critics applaud the effects as the inhuman Crystal Gems are realistically brought to life via a combination of CGI and practical effects.
Ah, so it's live-action ITTL. Interesting!

Ah, so it's live-action ITTL. Interesting!
Given how good special effect have become I think a live-action Steven Universe is very much doable. Though it's not just the medium change that's important. It's the fact that it's on the CW instead of the Cartoon Network. This Steven Universe is a darker and more mature, but still fairly comedic series with an older audience. Who would you cast as the Crystal Gems and Steven?

Given how good special effect have become I think a live-action Steven Universe is very much doable. Though it's not just the medium change that's important. It's the fact that it's on the CW instead of the Cartoon Network. This Steven Universe is a darker and more mature, but still fairly comedic series with an older audience. Who would you cast as the Crystal Gems and Steven?
I feel like Michael Cera could be a good Steven. I'm not too sure about the Gems, though. To be honest, I don't watch the show OTL.

By the way, the CW doesn't exist ITTL. The WB and UPN are still around, so it'd have to beee on one of those two networks.

No, they do not. We instead got an animated TV show on the Disney Channel in 2004.

Wasn't there mention of the Prequels somewhere back up on the thread?

EDIT: Was back here HonestAde said:

October 29th, 2002: Disney officially purchases Lucasfilm from Dreamworks, as they were intent on selling it after the disasterous prequel film trilogy. The higher-ups at Dreamworks had seen it as hemoraging money since Episode I was released. They agree to the deal in exchange for a considerable percentage of the profits of the sale of Star Wars and Indiana Jones merchandise. This officially ends the short-lived Dreamworks experiment with live-action films. Soon afterwards a plan is drawn up to revamp Tommorrowland in the various Disney parks with a much more Star Wars-inspired theme. There's even rumors of Disney making Star Wars and Indiana Jones animated television programs.

Wasn't there mention of the Prequels somewhere back up on the thread?

EDIT: Was back here HonestAde said:

October 29th, 2002: Disney officially purchases Lucasfilm from Dreamworks, as they were intent on selling it after the disasterous prequel film trilogy. The higher-ups at Dreamworks had seen it as hemoraging money since Episode I was released. They agree to the deal in exchange for a considerable percentage of the profits of the sale of Star Wars and Indiana Jones merchandise. This officially ends the short-lived Dreamworks experiment with live-action films. Soon afterwards a plan is drawn up to revamp Tommorrowland in the various Disney parks with a much more Star Wars-inspired theme. There's even rumors of Disney making Star Wars and Indiana Jones animated television programs.
I thought it was implied the prequels got scrapped because of Lucas' death.

I wrote the post on Northern Ireland/Ulster since it seemed like the only solution that'd satisfy everyone, and I was wanting to defuse the tension there like how I did for Kashmir.

A noble idea, but by 2010 the Status of Northern Ireland is settled by the Good Friday Agreement, which I cannot see circumstances butterflying. A full Referendum in 2011 is unlikely.

As for Scotland, I think a 2011 Referendum under Conservative Rifkind is unlikely as the Northern Ireland one- however if Labour win the 2014 election, esp with SNP support then there might be one in 2014/5 - which if the economy is different will see Scotland go independent. However Scotland joining the EU is not a given thing at all, as we found out during the OTL Referendum campaign- it will certainly take as long for Scotland to join the EU as for Scotland to leave the UK- somewhere between 2-5 years as I recall, and they still have to be accepted by all the EU countries.

I thought it was implied the prequels got scrapped because of Lucas' death.

My 'cribbed from the Compiled Timeline' notes say this about Star Wars:

May 29th, 1996: Film director George Lucas is hospitalized after a deadly car crash. He dies later that evening, aged 52.

August 28th, 1996: After the death of filmmaker George Lucas, Steven Spielberg's Dreamworks Studios purchases Lucasfilm and announces production will resume on Indiana Jones IV based on ideas he and Lucas had discussed before his death.

October 29, 2002: Disney officially purchases Lucasfilm from DreamWorks. They agree to the deal in exchange for a considerable percentage of the profits of the sale of Star Wars and Indiana Jones merchandise. Soon afterwards, a plan is drawn up to revamp Tomorrowland in the various Disney parks with a much more Star Wars-inspired theme. There's even rumors of Disney making Star Wars and Indiana Jones animated television programs.

July 4, 2003: The first episode of Star Wars: The Animated Series premieres on the Disney Channel. It stars the vocal talents of Tara Strong as Princess Leia, Troy Baker as Luke Skywalker, and David Kaye as Han Solo. The show takes place shortly after the second Death Star was destroyed and the main heroes attempt to defend the new republic from the remnants of the Empire. The series becomes well-known for incorporating elements of Expanded Universe material in its episodes. The main antagonist of the series is Grand Admiral Thrawn, voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch.

February 15, 2005: Tupac Shakur appears on an episode of Star Wars: The Animated Series as the voice of a Jedi Master named Mace Windu.

October 2, 2008: The Walt Disney Company confirms that it has made a deal with Hasbro and Discovery Communications allowing the new animated series Star Wars: Into the Galaxy to be syndicated on the new Kids Universal channel, for $100 million and 10% ownership of the channel. At the time of its debut in 2009, Kids Universal is owned 10% by the Walt Disney Company, 40% by Hasbro, and 50% by Discovery Communications. Disney later sells it's 10% in the company back to Hasbro in the summer of 2011 and drops Star Wars from Kids Universal.

July 10, 2009: Kids Universal, a joint venture between Hasbro and Discovery Communications, begins. Some of the first programming includes Transformers Adventures, Star Wars: Into the Galaxy, and My Little Pony: Friendship is Forever.

So it looks like HonestAbe's post was edited to remove the Prequel bits on the 'Story-Only Timeline'

10 April 1998: In an unprecedented piece of Diplomacy by Northern Ireland Minister Mo Mowlam the Good Friday Agreement is signed in Belfast by the British and Irish governments. Although nearly scuppered several times, not least when Peter Mandelson - 'Minister without Portfolio' (i.e. a Busybody) tried to interfere with the process. This interferance would later cost Mandleson his Cabinet job. Mowlam would oversee the creation of the devolved Northern Ireland Legislative Assembly and power-chairing Executive for Northern Ireland in 1999, and also bring in massive reform of the Northern Ireland Police Service.

Last edited:
29 May 1994: First Episode of the TV Series Cadfael is shown on ITV in the UK. The series starring Derek Jacobi is very successful, sparking the 'medieval mystery' genre. Based on the books by Ellis Peters, the high quality 4 episode series will continue to be produced until 1999 when Jacobi asked to be released from the role.

27th May 2000: A new show is launched called Cadfael: The Crusade Years telling the story of the Adventuring Knight who would later become a Monk. It becomes famous for its gentle humour and using medieval parable to discuss the current Middle Eastern questions, however the former Cadfael was quite unhappy about the show calling it 'disrespectful of Ellis Peter's work'. The spin off would last 4 seasons.

August 3, 1993: James Cameron starts a visit to Belfast as part of his research into the will-fated Titanic. Cameron is profoundly moved by the struggling city and it's proud shipbuilding heritage, he decides this will be where he will make his film - however first he needed facilities, sets, and a scale Titanic built.

Dec 15th 1997: After many years and much speculation about the costs, the wisdom of building a full scale sinkable Titanic, overruns, etc James Cameron's obsession is released. Titanic is a huge success and dominates the cinema's for the year ahead, clearing over $.25billion globally. The film cleans up at almost every award ceremony, including 14 Oscars, but it controversially beaten for Best Picture at the 70th Academy Awards by L.A. Confidential. Cameron is apparently unmoved by the loss - the huge pile of statues in front of him may have played a part. Famously he joked after 'Never let me do something like this again!'

The film sparks enormous interest in the ship, and by the end of 1998 tourists are being taken down to the wreck in Russian subs. Plans are started by many a company to cash in on Titanic, including plans for a full scale working Ship in time for the 2012 anniversary.

Jan 4th 1998: Release of Building the Titanic - a sprawling, almost soap opera of the dramas of making a film. From contract negoications with Harland and Wolfe to build a huge water tank; getting massive tax breaks from John Major's government; outfitting the yard buildings and partial rebuilding the Aarol Gantry; recruiting the skilled workers; the still very raw tensions between Catholic and Protestant workers that occasionally spilled over into actual fighting, and finally all the way to filming the Epic Disaster movie itself, the cameras were on hand to capture it all!

April 10th 1998: The Titanic Experience opens in Belfast, Northern Ireland. A combination of movie tour of James Cameron's sets, and a celebration of Belfast shipbuilding. The scale replica of Titanic is the centrepiece of the Experience, allowing visitors to walk the famous Liners desks, visit the Bridge, Salons, Grand Staircase, etc. Some express unhappiness that the ship is not totally complete and they cannot stay on-board like the Queen Mary, but they are reminded it is a movie Set.

Last edited:
November 15th, 1999: Billionaire Bill Gates, inspired by a visit to the wreck of the Titanic and a visit to the Titanic experience, expresses interest in creating a full-scale working replica of the Titanic.

March 19th, 2000: Bill Gates starts funding for the creation of the Titanic II.

August 16th, 2003: After years of delays and negotiations, the Titanic II is completed.

April 10th, 2004: The Titanic II departs on it's maiden voyage from Southampton, England on the Titanic's original route to New York City, where it is greeted a week later by President Ann Richards.