A Flag Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
%28FL%29-us.png

No good can come of this...
(Not mine, taken from the February's Legacy TL over at the althist wikia)

Those Flags by Shaucker inspired me to send you these from my collection!

These are an alternate Kazak SSR with the red hammer and sickle inside the sun on a Kazak SSR type-flag, another alternate Kazak SSR without the blue stripe, along with an alternate flag of Byelorussian SSR (just because it's drawn on the same page)
Sorry for the white space:(
KazakSunSovietSSRFlag.jpg

KazakSoviet.jpg

BTW, anyone yet looked at my own flag collection?

it's still here at //s366.photobucket.com/albums/oo108/BrdmanRBS/

I Would Appreciate a reply...... Anyone?
THANXS:):)

Not sure if this will fit the parameters of your story line, but ...

Some of the stuff i've been creating:

For those that misses the Motherland of the Workers and Peasents:
View attachment 62462

I glad you like it.

Great. Here it is in blue (Venitian I think) ...

I'd never even heard of that, thanks man. Nice flag. I tried my hand at some flags for a couple of the Soviet Sovereign Republics:

Kazakhstan, a mix of the old and the new.

Azerbaijan, the modern emblem on the flag of the TDFR.

These are an alternate Kazak SSR with the red hammer and sickle inside the sun on a Kazak SSR type-flag, another alternate Kazak SSR without the blue stripe, along with an alternate flag of Byelorussian SSR (just because it's drawn on the same page)
Sorry for the white space:(

For BW -- Inner Mongolia:

Very good flags.

Very nice flags, all. Brdman, I wasn't expecting quite so many flags on your site :D Is bookmarked for later.

Thanks, it looks good.

Yeah, Kazakhstan's giving me a headache (first time anyone's ever said that?). This better?
kazakh2mk0.png

kyrgyzqz4.png

Kyrgyzstan. More or less identical to OTL Kyrgyzstani flag.

tajikdk7.png

Tajikistan. Pan-Iranian colours with a design stolen from the flag of the Georgian SSR.

turkmenpl3.png

Turkestan. Fairly anachronous, but I like it.

uzbekve3.png

Uzbekistan. Religious symbols on a communist flag look odd, but there is precedent - yonder.

Last edited:
Communist Greece, featuring Prometheus the symbol of greek communism, laurel wreaths and a red star.
Hm, I like it, but I do wonder if a communist Greece would ditch the blue and white entirely... (the cross is likely out, of course)

Thande

Donor
(the cross is likely out, of course)

I think we've had this exchange before and I rebut with the Soviet naval jack.

Russian naval jack pre- and post-communism:

125px-Naval_Jack_of_Russia.svg.png

Soviet naval jack under communism:

120px-USSR%2C_Jack_and_fortress_flag_of_naval_fortresses_1924.svg.png

So bung a hammer and sickle over it, but if the cross is an established part of national symbolism (as it assuredly is with Greece) then it doesn't necessarily go.

Susano

Banned
Yeah, but the Communists did also remove many crosses even where no ideologcial value was attached to it, like Slovakia (that is, Czechoslovakia existed, ofc oruse, but Slovakian flag was banned) and Hungary...

The idea of Prometheus as smybol for Greek communism is cool, thouigh - or is that much OTL?

While it's true that some most countries did retain their national flag after becoming communist some of them didn't (Vietnam, North Korea)

Status
Not open for further replies.