八紘一宇 - Hakkō Ichiu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the most realistic outcome. It has been discussed ad nauseum on AH.com, but with Britain controlling the seas Germany cannot challenge the Royal Navy. In that same vein, they cannot impose any changes of colonial territory, and if they do, they cannot make the British respect those changes.

Especially with the Belgian Congo, which was, of course, the cornerstone of Mittelafrika. To really get peace with Britain, Germany would have to vacate Belgium and respect its territorial integrity (including the Congo) entirely, since that was Britain's casus belli for entering the war. Only by doing that will Britain really withdraw and accept peace, since, to the British, it still looks like a victory. "We went in to defend plucky little Belgium, and by George we did it!"

Besides which, all of Germany's colonies were occupied by late 1914. Only a single band of raiders still caused trouble in Tanganyika, but not enough to suggest the territory wasn't lost to the Germans. So not only has Germany lost any chance of extorting territory out of Belgium (and by and large France), but they've also lost the territory they already had and have no way of getting it back.

So no Mittelafrika. Frankly, Mitteleuropa was more important to the German leadership anyway.

I was joking; I completely agree with you there. Nice map by the way. :)

discontent militaristic spirit haunting the state.

You'd think after nearly killing the Emperor, they'd be stomped out so hard it'd be impossible for them to do anything.

Unlike his younger brother, Yasuhito, whom held great sympathy towards the militarists whom were antagonizing against the constitutional government,

Seriously? Just what we needed, the next in line to the Throne is in favor of the nutters.

and was largely shaped by the struggles between the militarists, whom often resorted to violence, and the constitutionalists, whom resorted to demonstrations and publications to back themselves up.

Which naturally means the public like the constitutionalists more, as they're a lot less rabble rousing.

'societies' with common ideological causes that involved violence.

Wonder how many of those are used on the militarists?

deeply wanted to avoid an 'imperial cult'

Oooh the irony.

e the possibility of his radical militarist brother ascending to power and undoing the efforts

Guess that would keep me up at night as well.

Riots erupted as people could not get some of their basic staples.

First rule of running something, food prices go up, make sure there's a good road to the local airport.

Republic of Green Ukraine,

Bit far from home, aren't they?

Asami

Banned
You'd think after nearly killing the Emperor, they'd be stomped out so hard it'd be impossible for them to do anything.

Kind of hard to when they're very deeply ingrained in the Army.

Seriously? Just what we needed, the next in line to the Throne is in favor of the nutters.

Prince Chichibu was like this OTL, and was implicated in the 2/26 coup attempt in 1936, as well as war crimes in China. So...

Which naturally means the public like the constitutionalists more, as they're a lot less rabble rousing.

Yes, the typical Japanese citizen prefers the pro-democracy people to the militarists, but if things get worse... well, things may turn the other way. At the present, the Prime Minister's alliance enjoys public backing.

Wonder how many of those are used on the militarists?

More them than communists, really.

Oooh the irony.

;)

Guess that would keep me up at night as well.

Yeah, basically.

First rule of running something, food prices go up, make sure there's a good road to the local airport.

Shitting your pants is the rule of thumb for Japanese Prime Ministers.

Bit far from home, aren't they?
Well, in Russian, Ukraine just means "borderland". And "green" is probably derived from the vast forests of Siberia. You dont' necessarily need Ukrainians.

Well, the concept did exist OTL...

I'm incredibly flattered that you took so many of my suggestions for the A-H chapter. Having Austria Red alongside Bavaria will make them rather powerful, though.

There's something cathartic about Hötzendorf being executed, though. :coldsweat:

I hope the Japanese soldiers iTTL are going to end up being better treated. IIRC their rations were really inadequate and conditions were awful.

Asami

Banned
I'm incredibly flattered that you took so many of my suggestions for the A-H chapter. Having Austria Red alongside Bavaria will make them rather powerful, though.

The Bavarians and Austrians are having a hard time finding common ground, even if they are fellow communists. Also, Austria is still trying to stabilize the countryside first.

Gian

Banned
Funny thing about the special wards: At the time, there were 35 wards in Tokyo, and they were only consolidated after WWII (due mostly to loss of population as a result of raids and the drafting of men to military service)
812px-Tokio_Eingemeindungen_1932-1936.png

Also, I would love to see how the 20 prefectures of Korea are drawn up (preferably with a map or so)

Surprised I only got to see this today. Good work Sakura. But I'm surprised Japan is able to hold all these territories without going financially bankrupt, even with British help? They struggled a lot OTL with a small bit of Siberia.

Couple of comments,

I am enjoying this Tl and am interested to see where it will go.

With Austria ceding control of South Tirol to Italy I recon that it makes more sense that only the Trento portion goes to Italy given the Bozen region is ethnically German.

With Silesia, I can see Poland gaining areas of Upper Silesia under its permanent control, I don't see it controlling the entire east bank of the river for long given the amount of local unrest that would be in the area from the local Germans.

Asami

Banned
With Austria ceding control of South Tirol to Italy I recon that it makes more sense that only the Trento portion goes to Italy given the Bozen region is ethnically German.

Italy got the OTL area back from the Austrians--which includes Bozen. Austria was not in a position to keep them from doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.