Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
dcty1qq-dac4df04-abe2-405f-b01e-dd0d3cbb0f9e.png

Mélenchon vs. Mitterrand : Attack of the Clones' Electric Bangaloo

These two infoboxes are for my TL that I sometimes work on. They both showcase the status of LGBTQ+ rights in the United States, & a small history behind it. (Not much)

Yes, it may be unrealistic to the point. But my TL wasn't really realistic to begin with, just something that I work on with my spare time.

LGBT rights in the United States.png
LGBT Summary Table (United States).png

Bulldoggus

Banned
These two infoboxes are for my TL that I sometimes work on. They both showcase the status of LGBTQ+ rights in the United States, & a small history behind it. (Not much)

Yes, it may be unrealistic to the point. But my TL wasn't really realistic to begin with, just something that I work on with my spare time.
It's not the least realistic thing ever, although the 70's were the earliest window for homosexuality to be legalized (there were 2-3 court cases that really ground the thing to a halt). And I thought blood donations were only banned during the AIDS crisis.

It's not the least realistic thing ever, although the 70's were the earliest window for homosexuality to be legalized (there were 2-3 court cases that really ground the thing to a halt). And I thought blood donations were only banned during the AIDS crisis.
Im not really going to get into heavy detail about it, since its not really worth talking about an ASBish TL. Regarding the legalization of Homosexual activity so early, was due to increasing "liberal attitudes", government opinion on it, & the influence of a pretty "leftish" Supreme Court.

In regards to the blood donation bit, there was never really was any "laws" banning homosexual men from donating blood. It was more of a confirmation, saying "Yes, its legal for homosexual men to donate blood. Here's our confirmation of it." And the AIDS crisis? Never happened in this TL, but the disease is very well known.

Again, don't think too much or heavily of these two infoboxes. Its just something I work on in my spare time, & I felt like sharing it for a change.

Last edited:

I think this was how history would have panned out had the aids crisis not decimated a generation of queer people.

The Disappearance of Charles A. Lindbergh
&
The Life of Amelia Earhart

Another couple of infoboxes for my TL. One of them dealing with the disappearance of Charles Lindbergh when attempting the first solo trans-atlantic flight. The 2nd one of Amelia Earhart, essentially "finishing" what Lindbergh tried years before her & adding on to it, by successfully flying solo across the Pacific.

Charles Lindbergh.png
Amelia Earhart.png

trumpp.png

Don Trump (born August 14, 1946) is an American television personality, actor, comedian, and television host. He is best known for hosting the late night comedy and lifestyle show Saturday Night with Trump on ABC for nineteen years from 1993 until 2012. The last episode of the programme broadcasted on July 3, 2012. In total, he hosted 915 episodes of the show. In 2016, he began hosting The Don Trump Show exclusively on Amazon Prime, the second season of which began airing in 2018. Saturday Night with Trump was named one of TV Guide's 50 Greatest TV Shows of All Time in 2002. In addition to his television show, Trump has appeared in several films and has guest-starred on a variety of other shows.

Known for his abrasive and dramatic style, he has hosted other major television events, including the Emmy Awards. In 2013, following the culmination of Saturday Night with Trump, he embarked on a thirty-six city live comedy tour, with significant success.

So, basically, the populations of all countries that (currently) have 70% or more english Speakers were ISOTed (not necessarily from the same time period, but always from after 1985) over those of the 1966 Soviet Union, and they have to make a country now...

Wait so The netherlands, the nordic countries, israel, austria and singapore are Isoted too?

But then south africa isn't?

Also i'm not sure i would trust this list for second languages... Iceland would definitely be high on it otherwise... And Austria being above switzerland is suprising (although, like belgium, maybe it's because the french speakers don't learn english as much?)

Wait so The netherlands, the nordic countries, israel, austria and singapore are Isoted too?

But then south africa isn't?

Also i'm not sure i would trust this list for second languages... Iceland would definitely be high on it otherwise... And Austria being above switzerland is suprising (although, like belgium, maybe it's because the french speakers don't learn english as much?)
pretty much.

The 2017 London legislative election was an election held on the 18 February 2017 to elect the 100 members of the Legislative Council of London as well as the Chief executive of the region; colloquially referred as "the Mayor".

The 100 members of the council are elected in the 32 boroughs of the city; with the seats for each borough being based on their population. All parties must nominate candidates which have been elected by the party members before the regional election, this primary election system has not been seen anywhere else in the Great British Commonwealth. The voting system used to elect members is the single transferable vote with the chief executive being co-opted by a person nominated by the parties who have formed the regional executive. The new Chief Executive must then be approved by the voters in a plebiscite.

The Progressive-Liberal Party received the largest number of votes within the election, although the party saw a decrease in terms of the vote share and the number of seats (which was not expected). The Conservative Party won just 27 seats, its worst-ever performance in a London legislative election, with the party receiving its lowest vote share in London since the creation of regional system. The Co-operative Party received a significant increase in terms of seats, as well as a drastic increase in the vote share; however its was expected for the party to possibly come second with them beating the Conservatives. The Local Independents for London received its best ever result, shortly afterwards the party announced that they were planning to run in the 2020 National election, with a pact between them and the Progressive-Liberals. The National Democratic Party saw a continuing downward trend after the 2011 pound sterling crisis, with many political analysts seeing the party "electorally toxic" as well as the party announcing, before the election, that they had formed an European alliance with parties such as: Nationaldemokratische Partei Deutschlands and Dělnická strana sociální spravedlnosti, putting off more moderate voters.

Afterwards, seeming not one party had won an absolute majority of seats, several coalition talks occurred. The standard procedure, of the largest party having the right to the executive, was followed with the Progressive Liberals trying to form the 'Dominica Coalition' between them and the Co-operative party; however the talks were stopped after several false allegations of bribery within the Progressive Liberals were published. The next party that started negotiations was the Conservatives with them trying to form what was deemed an impossible nightmare by the newspapers a Conservative led minority administration between the party and the IfL (with support from the Progressive-Liberal break away group: Reform!). However, the talks collapsed after two weeks. Finally the unified Progressive Liberals formed a minority administration between them and IfL, with Co-operative Support. The New Chief Executive was approved 2:1 by the electorate after 67 days without a government.

(Alternative History) 2017 London legislative election.png

Note: This comes from my mini timeline with the creation of a "Blairist" Republic in the 90's; other posts about the Commonwealth are Here:​

WI: The DCEU didn't go so wrong (&/or just straight-up blatantly copied the MCU)...

DCEU.png

The DC Extended Universe (DCEU) films are an American series of superhero films based on characters that appear in publications by DC Comics. The DCEU is the shared universe in which all of the films are set. The films have been in production since 2012, and in that time Warner Bros. Pictures has released 7 films, with 16 more in various stages of production. It is the 5th highest-grossing film franchise of all time, having grossed over $6.1 billion at the global box office.

The films are produced, written and directed by a variety of individuals and feature large, often ensemble, casts. Many of the actors, including Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Ezra Miller, Jason Momoa, and Ray Fisher signed contracts to star in numerous films.

The first film in the series was Man of Steel (2013), which was followed up by Aquaman (2013), Man of Steel 2: Dawn of Justice (2015), Wonder Woman (2016) and The Batman (2016). The 2017 crossover film Justice League concluded Phase One of the franchise. Phase Two includes the already-released Man of Steel 3 (2018) as well as films that are currently in various stages of production, such as Wonder Woman 1984 (2018), The Batman 2 (2019), Suicide Squad (2019), Justice League 2 (2020), and Shazam! (2020).

The Batman 3 (2021) has already been announced to be the first film in the franchise's Phase Three, to be followed by Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of one Harley Quinn) (2021), Suicide Squad Vol. 2 (2022), Cyborg (2022), Wonder Woman 3 (2022), The Flash (2023), Justice League 3 (2023), Shazam! 2 (2023), Green Lantern Corps (2024) and Justice League 4 (2024). Cyborg 2 has also been scheduled for 2024, beginning Phase Four. Additionally, three untitled films each are scheduled for 2025, 2026, and 2027.

DCEU Films.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.