What if the USA was split into 2 nations one being Communist and Capitalist during the Cold War?

What if after WW2 the Soviet Union decided to spread Communism in the United States as well as Korea but the American government tries to stop it but they make an agreement that America would be split just like Korea. Would it be divided between North and South? or East and West? and which side would be Communist? Would they eventually have reunified like Germany? Or would they remain divided to this day like Korea? How strong would the remaining United States be? Would they become weakened by losing half their territory? or would they still be a superpower? What would the name for the Communist America be? I would call it the PDSA "People's Democratic States of America" and if the PDSA doesn't have DC as their capital city and DC remains apart of the remaining United States what would the capital of the PDSA be? And what type of Communism would their government follow? Marxism? Leninism? Stalinism? or Maoism?

Sorry, but what does "ASB" stand for?
Alien Space Bat, which is slang for completely impossible, you need aliens or magic for your premise.

Which in this case is not true, but it is very close to the truth. It is extremely hard for a POD (point of diversion) after 1900 to split up the USA in a communist and a capitalist part. With a POD after 1945, it effectivly is impossible.

Alien Space Bat, which is slang for completely impossible, you need aliens or magic for your premise.

Which in this case is not true, but it is very close to the truth. It is extremely hard for a POD (point of diversion) after 1900 to split up the USA in a communist and a capitalist part. With a POD after 1945, it effectivly is impossible.
I know it would be impossible. However when I wanna post alternate history stuff it's not meant to be realistic but just for entertainment for others who are interested.

To elaborate. You will need to go way back to split the USA and have the Cold War still happen between a communist USSR and the West. It might be done in the 30s perhaps.