non-Americans, how many US states can you accurately label?

I know all the states easily as an American. Here's my attempt at Russia:
upload_2017-7-13_17-48-31.png

Mexico: an attempt (from an American/Texan)

lge3fg3.png

edit: Northern states are easier, it seems. I got a few misspellings and misplacement, but I guess I got about a third of them?

My try at India:

EDIT: I was supposed to be Islands
At least you remembered name of Andamans.
As an Indian, I give you the seal of approval!

I tried India:

How well can you name the states of Mexico?
View attachment 333434

Kerala =/= Karnataka.

Reason I know all of Dravidia is because my brother is Dravidian-Caucasian.

Here's my India:
India-locator-map-blank.svg.png

I tried Mexico, too, but I knew so little of it that it isn't worth posting. As someone learning Spanish, I was a little disappointed in myself.

I'd be curious to try China.

Brit here, jumping on the bandwagon. May have gone a tad overboard on the US...

US Map.png

Russia map.png

India map.png

Mexico map.png

And if anyone wants a go, here's the Lieutenancy Areas (essentially ceremonial counties) for the whole UK. These have no administrative function at all but are a bit more clear cut on what to include.

I'll tidy up a full administrative geography one for anyone wanting a challenge...

Lord_Lieutenancies_-_home_nations_coloured.png

Brit here, jumping on the bandwagon. May have gone a tad overboard on the US...

And if anyone wants a go, here's the Lieutenancy Areas (essentially ceremonial counties) for the whole UK. These have no administrative function at all but are a bit more clear cut on what to include.
Pretty good on the US! Only thing I noticed was that Austin is where San Antonio actually is. But most Americans couldn't do that.

So.... here's an attempt at the UK, which was harder than I imagined. Most of what I know is from playing medeival and enlightenment-era games, so go easy on me if I made silly mistakes...

tYBVWqa.png

My attempt at the US, including state abbreviations and capitals. I couldn't begin to place the latter, so I've left it at that.

united-states-of-trump.png

Where I find things tricky, I come up with things to help remember. For example:

1. When it comes to Vermont and New Hampshire, remember that Bernie Sanders is on the left. So is Vermont (well, west actually).
2. For Bismarck (North Dakota) and Pierre (South Dakota), remember that Bismarck is before Pierre alphabetically, in the same way that North Dakota is north of South (hence the names).

Edited to add the UK. I have used Chapman codes to save space when labelling. The only reason I got (most, I hope) of the English ones right is because my main interest is genealogy, where most of my ancestors originate. A smaller number are from Wales and one is from Scotland; none at all (thus far) can be traced to Northern Ireland.

disunited-kingdom.png

Last edited:

Bolt451

Gone Fishin'
The US One. I can label New York, California, Texas and everything else is paired into North and South Dakotas in the hopes I'm right.
Oh and I'm labelling Puerto Rico and DC. Come at me.

and @Alex Richards I'm going to name it "Durhamshire" because "County____" is reserved only for Ireland.